Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume

+9
The Lazy Rosarian
finbarr
maree
Ozeboy
Carole
rosegen X
neptune
The Estate
betsyw
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume - Page 3 Empty Re: Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume

Post by betsyw 12th December 2012, 18:00

silkyfizz wrote:Bump!
Betsy I'm interested in what you eventually decided in your "Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume" rose for a pot. How has it turned out?

Silky, the answer is nothing. I didn't locate the One Perfect Rose fo this spot. I suspect the right rose is the one I recommended to a friend for her front entrance , Friesia/Sunsprite.

Short term solution for the deck: I am alternating the healthiest and most fragrant roses in pots as they bloom: The baby Baronne Ed deR is currently on one side, while the Kordes Perfume Passion (possibly the healthiest HT rose I have ever owned ) is on the other. Pinks don't match but they're far enough apart that they 'read' as matching.

As the blooms go off one or tghe other, another rose (poss the big Baronne) will be wheeled in to take its place.

The new Daybreaker is really lush and beautifully round, really floriforous; while not particualrly fragrant, it has enough blooms to create a pleasant waft of scent. If DB turns out to be a reasonable candidate health-wise, then I'll get a second one and make them the deck pair.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume - Page 3 Empty Re: Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume

Post by neptune 12th December 2012, 18:50

roseman wrote:Second one Silky

Correct........ Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume - Page 3 3318427985
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 14th December 2012, 11:53

Betsy , how is your Perfume Passion ? a good doer for perfume , health , flowering ? thanks
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 14th December 2012, 12:08

Faultless so far, maree. It is a powerful baby - strong , even grower, and clean as a whistle. Excellent perfume strength - the main perfume note is a bit too citrus-y for me, but objectively I would give it a 4 out of 5 for scent , both continuous and wafting.

Bloom: I wish it wasn't a frou-frou pink, but the flower itself is full, tight, dense, VERY long lasting in the vase and on the bush. Repeats every 6 weeks, so an intermediate speed rebloomer (right now).

Summing up: A really solid Kordes performer,in style and substance, plus new-generation built-in bs resistance.

Has a lot of medals, and deserves them, IMO.

Again, teh scent has a strong citrus elemnt. Forget all the PR jazz about mirabelles and 1001 Arabian nights ;-)))

I notice that ALL my new 21st-century health+fragrance roses this year have a citrus base note. WHY? Is it breeding-related? Will all healthy next-gen fragrant roses have a lemony scent?
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 14th December 2012, 13:01

Thanks Betsy , add it to the list lol , the fragrance , well as long as it has one , but i know what you mean , i am planting F.C and Val next year , straight into the ground , don't think they need trialling , saw them at the Werribee state rose gardens , thanks for your guidance there .. Fragrance is a funny thing , that day was cloudy and cool , and none of the roses were overly fragrant except for a few , i picked some and hid them in my hat , a lady caught me and glared at me , and when i got them home and in a vase , they were so much better ....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3