Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

MONSIEUR TILLER, PERFUME PASSION, AUGUSTA LUISE, YOUNG AT HEART ,MISTER LINCOLN, SHOCKING BLUE,DIORESSENCE

+3
neptune
betsyw
jordan71
7 posters

Go down

MONSIEUR TILLER, PERFUME PASSION, AUGUSTA LUISE, YOUNG AT HEART ,MISTER LINCOLN, SHOCKING BLUE,DIORESSENCE Empty MONSIEUR TILLER, PERFUME PASSION, AUGUSTA LUISE, YOUNG AT HEART ,MISTER LINCOLN, SHOCKING BLUE,DIORESSENCE

Post by jordan71 22nd October 2012, 13:08

MONSIEUR TILLER

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PERFUME PASSION

AUGUSTA LUISE

YOUNG AT HEART

MISTER LINCOLN

SHOCKING BLUE

DIORESSENCE

Last edited by jordan71 on 22nd October 2012, 16:21; edited 2 times in total
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

MONSIEUR TILLER, PERFUME PASSION, AUGUSTA LUISE, YOUNG AT HEART ,MISTER LINCOLN, SHOCKING BLUE,DIORESSENCE Empty Re: MONSIEUR TILLER, PERFUME PASSION, AUGUSTA LUISE, YOUNG AT HEART ,MISTER LINCOLN, SHOCKING BLUE,DIORESSENCE

Post by betsyw 22nd October 2012, 15:01

OMG! Beautiful, all of 'em! That Augusta Luise is an ultra- amazing flower, among a raft of amazing blooms.

My first bloom of Perfume Passion (hate that name, but yeah, it's Kordes so what do you expect) has just opened. It's small, and more definedly bi-colour at the moment, with a deep cerise centre and pale pink ruff. Need to see and smell more of her flowers before I judge this one.

What's your feeling on PP, Jordan? Plus or minus enthusiasm?
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

MONSIEUR TILLER, PERFUME PASSION, AUGUSTA LUISE, YOUNG AT HEART ,MISTER LINCOLN, SHOCKING BLUE,DIORESSENCE Empty Re: MONSIEUR TILLER, PERFUME PASSION, AUGUSTA LUISE, YOUNG AT HEART ,MISTER LINCOLN, SHOCKING BLUE,DIORESSENCE

Post by jordan71 22nd October 2012, 15:24

betsyw wrote:OMG! Beautiful, all of 'em! That Augusta Luise is an ultra- amazing flower, among a raft of amazing blooms.

My first bloom of Perfume Passion (hate that name, but yeah, it's Kordes so what do you expect) has just opened. It's small, and more definedly bi-colour at the moment, with a deep cerise centre and pale pink ruff. Need to see and smell more of her flowers before I judge this one.

What's your feeling on PP, Jordan? Plus or minus enthusiasm?

hi betsy,

perfume passion has a great perfume , the floliage nice and healthy so far for me .. but i gotta say i dont like the bloom shape and doesn't last too long .. best in little shade
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 22nd October 2012, 15:28

perfume passion

jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 22nd October 2012, 16:06

Strawberry? Mine is like institutional-grade detergent to my nose.

Maybe PP will produce better -smelling blooms down the line. I'll reserve final judgement. But if things don't improve in a month, then this one is out the door.

Last edited by betsyw on 22nd October 2012, 16:12; edited 1 time in total
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 22nd October 2012, 16:08

oh okay betsy , mine smells like strawberry
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 22nd October 2012, 16:14

jordan can you please change the title to this thread to proper names as the search does not recognise abbreviations....thanks....
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 22nd October 2012, 19:14

I wish I had my camera, jordan. It is in Greece with a friend, unfortunately, and my phone camera is mediocre.

This PP flower is so different from yours . I mean, really different. The edges are slightly scalloped, the majority of the petals are very deep pink - actually they are really dark cerise, with only the outer neck frill of petals a light pink. A real bi=colour, not a graded shading at all.

The scent tonight from this bloom is more of a grapefruit, too.
Is the colour of this rose weather-affected I wonder

betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 22nd October 2012, 20:06

well maybe with better weather my PP will improve so far not impressed with the shape
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 22nd October 2012, 22:35

I think even Iceberg looks better than this PP. Hope my other first-time selections aren't as much of a downer as this new flori. :blerg:

Just cut two immense and perfumed Valencias. Magnificent. Sometimes the Oldies are really the Goodies
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 22nd October 2012, 22:48

Love Monsieur Tillier !!!!
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 22nd October 2012, 22:55

Me too Marie. I'd love to find a spot for it here. Ditto for Augusta. I wonder how big they might grow in Melbourne? Dioressence I have and love, waiting for its buds to open.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 00:01

Yep , thats it Silky , i think Monsieur T grows pretty big , i'd love one too , but where would i put it , drat ......
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 23rd October 2012, 00:15

Jordan all nice roses mate.How do you find mister Lincoln ?.I notice it is a slow grower and takes time.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 23rd October 2012, 08:00

dannyboy wrote:Jordan all nice roses mate.How do you find mister Lincoln ?.I notice it is a slow grower and takes time.

hey danny,

my mister lincoln is 4 years old . this its worse year yet , after giving it a haircut last year .. it took forever to bloom and had bit of mildew , after couple of sprays its getting along nicely .. i think lot of mildew problerms this year is weather related in melbourne

the perfume is strong too danny
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 10:01

I've grown , Mr Lincoln , Papa, Oklahoma , Firefighter, Mr. L , spindly , slow lost patience , Papa even worse , gone , Oklahoma doing really well , love it , it was planted same time as Papa , Papa may have been a sick rose from the start , dunno . Firefighter nice rose but in my area a BS magnet , this year the first rose to get BS , its going when i find a replacement after trialling new roses next year . In my area out of the four Oklahoma wins ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 23rd October 2012, 10:13

I have to agree about Firefighter and BS, although almost every long-stemmed HT rose I have (all very fragrant) gets the dreaded black freckles in December/Jan. But it is distinctive in its powerful, unstoppable, fragrance. Potpourri though, and I have never been drawn to it as I have been to other fragrant fleurs.

Overall, to me Oklahoma seems to be the best all-rounder of the reds (again, another Old Timer HT). I prefer its scent to FF, in fact. If I liked reds a lot, it would be my choice, based on the Okies I've seen at friends' homes.

There should be a thread on the Proven Modern Classics (and not the stupid ARS list). I'd start it off with Fragrant Cloud, Valencia and Okie.From what I read here (best place), Margaret Merrill would have to be in there, I reckon, although I am not of her acquaintance personally.

betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 10:26

I agree on FF too Betsy , just something about it that doesn't grab me , maybe its the BS that puts me off , or does it lack charisma , same as Pope JP , great rose but charisma , no doesn't have it ..... Thats the great thing about roses , its a never ending search for that elusive rose that catches your breath with its fragrance and beauty .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 23rd October 2012, 10:40

Oh Maree, you are my kindred spirit here.

Charisma.

Now, you and I aren't always attracted to the same rose - Violina (you) and Parole (me) are cases in point where we diverge - but we really do perceive roses in the same way. We need to revel in the blooms.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 11:18

Lol , Betsy , i think you are right , probably why i keep pulling out roses , they just don't have that charisma , but i'm getting smarter , do what you do trial em in pots first . I definately inherited my Italian mothers love of gardening and spent my childhood with my nonna and noonall ( think thats how you spell it ) in their vast garden . I'm nowhere as eloquent or as descriptive as you Betsy , must be my fathers Irish background , but like you , i want a rose that sets my senses and heart on fire , they do exsist , just got to find em .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 23rd October 2012, 12:13

I have Firefighter to and notice as you guys said it's a good grower and very bushy.I havent had a problem tho with BS at all.I got it this season barerooted and it's doing great.I have Oklahoma to and that's the same as firefighter very strong.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 12:22

Thats great Danny , to me Oklahoma has the best fragrance , love it !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 23rd October 2012, 12:25

Maree can you do a me favor and just try and post a photo here now please. Regards David.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 13:17

Roseman , i have tried and tried to post photos , it never works for me , my son does it for me , will take a photo of Oklahoma now and get my son to do it when he comes home from Uni , it is Oklahoma you want is it , but why , sorry i'm such a dumb----e .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 13:33

I'll give it another try Roseman , i've got your tutorial here , i've got a macbook pro , so its a bit different , here we go .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down