Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

AUGUSTA LUISE- NAHEMA- BLUE BIJOU- KATHRYN MORLEY- PARADISE- JUBILEE CELEBRATION- EKSTASE- HERITAGE- CANDELIGHT- YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN- THE PRINCE- OLD BLUSH

+3
maree
silkyfizz
jordan71
7 posters

Go down

AUGUSTA LUISE- NAHEMA- BLUE BIJOU- KATHRYN MORLEY- PARADISE- JUBILEE CELEBRATION- EKSTASE- HERITAGE- CANDELIGHT- YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN- THE PRINCE- OLD BLUSH Empty AUGUSTA LUISE- NAHEMA- BLUE BIJOU- KATHRYN MORLEY- PARADISE- JUBILEE CELEBRATION- EKSTASE- HERITAGE- CANDELIGHT- YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN- THE PRINCE- OLD BLUSH

Post by jordan71 10th February 2013, 08:51

AUGUSTA LUISE
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NAHEMA

BLUE BIJOU

KATHRYN MORLEY

PARADISE

JUBILEE CELEBRATION

EKSTASE

HERITAGE

CANDELIGHT

YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN

THE PRINCE

OLD BLUSH
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

AUGUSTA LUISE- NAHEMA- BLUE BIJOU- KATHRYN MORLEY- PARADISE- JUBILEE CELEBRATION- EKSTASE- HERITAGE- CANDELIGHT- YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN- THE PRINCE- OLD BLUSH Empty Re: AUGUSTA LUISE- NAHEMA- BLUE BIJOU- KATHRYN MORLEY- PARADISE- JUBILEE CELEBRATION- EKSTASE- HERITAGE- CANDELIGHT- YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN- THE PRINCE- OLD BLUSH

Post by silkyfizz 10th February 2013, 10:20

Lovely Jordan. You continually amaze me with your vast range of roses. I love the colour and form of Jubilee Celebration, I know Maree has recommended this rose. Does it have long octopus canes? Love The Prince too, that colour is wonderful. One day...Also Augusta Luise with those frilled petals, very feminine and appealing. Something about frilly petals just gets to me.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

AUGUSTA LUISE- NAHEMA- BLUE BIJOU- KATHRYN MORLEY- PARADISE- JUBILEE CELEBRATION- EKSTASE- HERITAGE- CANDELIGHT- YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN- THE PRINCE- OLD BLUSH Empty Re: AUGUSTA LUISE- NAHEMA- BLUE BIJOU- KATHRYN MORLEY- PARADISE- JUBILEE CELEBRATION- EKSTASE- HERITAGE- CANDELIGHT- YELLOW CHARLES AUSTIN- THE PRINCE- OLD BLUSH

Post by maree 10th February 2013, 10:36

Silky , i just love Jubilee Celebration , just love it , free flowering , nodding flowers , scented , not overpowering though to me , and no it doesn't throw out great long canes , shrubby sort of plant with longish canes , but not octopus ones . Unfortunately i haven't got it at the moment , i had a DA bed ,with four in it , they drove me nuts except for Jubilee , pulled em all out , got to find a spot for her again .... Mine was about three years old , don't know if they throw out longer canes as they get older .... Jordan mine was a bit different colour to yours , is yours in the shade a bit ? Thanks
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 10th February 2013, 10:52

Which other ones did you have in that DA bed Maree? DA's can be so tricky and I want to save myself some heartache.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 10th February 2013, 11:21

Mary Rose , pretty , BS magnet , mildew , no fragrance even though they say it has , blow away flowers , Mayflower , small flower , no fragrance , flowers don't last long on bush either , pretty , William Shakespeare not sure which one , i think 2000 , worst of all , long canes which would snap off in the wind , i perservered for three years then did my nut and got the shovel out and put in some native Adenenthos things. DA , not cutting flowers Silky , good for floating in a shallow type vase . I didn't want to pull out Jubillee but couldn't leave here there on her own . Glad you brought this up , might forego Olde fragrance and put her in instead ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 10th February 2013, 15:42

I've been eyeing Augusta Luise for a while now. Anyone care to enable me into actually buying one?
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 10th February 2013, 16:39

Yes Betsy Augusta Louise is a beauty, although I've only seen photos. Anything like a peony with frilly petals appeals to me. But what I know of you, you won't need much convincing Lol.
Maree I'm also thinking of taking Olde Fragrance off this year but keeping Old Port in, at this stage anyway. OF needs more room than I can provide at the moment. All those DA's you ditched, glad to know that they weren't anywhere near my list. Don't we get sucked in looking for bushy shrubs, rounded, perfumed, foliage right down to the ground, healthy, good repeat and luscious flowers that last more than a few days on the bush(or vase). That's what I want in my garden. Maybe we could list contenders?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 10th February 2013, 17:19

I started a list of contenders several months ago. Or rather it was a thread asking for contenders. I'll see if I can find and give it a bump, silky.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh 10th February 2013, 17:39

nice selection there jordan
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 11th February 2013, 09:33

Jordan , Nahema is on my list , are you happy with it ? thanks Jordan
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 11th February 2013, 14:58

betsyw wrote:I've been eyeing Augusta Luise for a while now. Anyone care to enable me into actually buying one?

BETSY JUST BUY IT LOL
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 11th February 2013, 14:59

maree wrote:Jordan , Nahema is on my list , are you happy with it ? thanks Jordan

Maree i love nahema . an absoloute one to have
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 11th February 2013, 14:59

paulh wrote:nice selection there jordan

thanks paul
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 11th February 2013, 16:07

Great , Nahema stays Very Happy
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 11th February 2013, 19:49

Jordan , there are only three I would probably like and have a use for.
'Nahema', 'Ekstase' and I have 'Old Blush'. 'Blue Biju' might be OK but I never buy a rose with unknown pedigree for one never knows what disasters are lurking in its background. Kordes have bred some great roses in the past years, don't know why they don't list parents now.
There's a million to one chance of duplicating a rose even when using the same parents.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 12th February 2013, 07:42

maree wrote:Silky , i just love Jubilee Celebration , just love it , free flowering , nodding flowers , scented , not overpowering though to me , and no it doesn't throw out great long canes , shrubby sort of plant with longish canes , but not octopus ones . Unfortunately i haven't got it at the moment , i had a DA bed ,with four in it , they drove me nuts except for Jubilee , pulled em all out , got to find a spot for her again .... Mine was about three years old , don't know if they throw out longer canes as they get older .... Jordan mine was a bit different colour to yours , is yours in the shade a bit ? Thanks

maree my jubilee is in part shade yes
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 12th February 2013, 07:46

maree wrote:Mary Rose , pretty , BS magnet , mildew , no fragrance even though they say it has , blow away flowers , Mayflower , small flower , no fragrance , flowers don't last long on bush either , pretty , William Shakespeare not sure which one , i think 2000 , worst of all , long canes which would snap off in the wind , i perservered for three years then did my nut and got the shovel out and put in some native Adenenthos things. DA , not cutting flowers Silky , good for floating in a shallow type vase . I didn't want to pull out Jubillee but couldn't leave here there on her own . Glad you brought this up , might forego Olde fragrance and put her in instead ...

maree i am so suprised that your pretty jessica lacked perfume , mine stinks of it and also may flower no fragrance? hm mine is no overpowering in perfume but does have it , gotta agree about the william shakespeare the original it does tend to get mildew and black spot i had that initialy on mine early summer , but it picked up great , as for the william shakespeare 2000 its a much healthier rose

if you guys want a DA with an amazing perfume try eveyln it has amazing scent

jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 12th February 2013, 08:36

Jordan, it wasn't Pretty Jessica , it was Mary Rose lol !!! Pretty Jessica is fantastic for perfume , have a look at my post , William Shakespeare threw out these long canes and they would just snap off in the wind , its windy where i live but not that windy lo !!! How do you find Jubilee Celebration ? my favourite , do you like it ?
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 12th February 2013, 08:48

How do you like PrettyJessica overall, maree? How is its health? Much bs? Does it flower regularly, as I have heard? Would it make a Short Fat Lady?
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 12th February 2013, 10:58

Betsy , i don't have it , saw it at Magic , loved it , out of the ones i saw there , Pretty Jessica and Jardins i especially liked , probably won't get to plant them this year as that bed still needs a lot of improvement , but on the to do list for next year ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 12th February 2013, 18:02

maree wrote:Jordan, it wasn't Pretty Jessica , it was Mary Rose lol !!! Pretty Jessica is fantastic for perfume , have a look at my post , William Shakespeare threw out these long canes and they would just snap off in the wind , its windy where i live but not that windy lo !!! How do you find Jubilee Celebration ? my favourite , do you like it ?

oh okay,
jubilee is an awesome rose , shame about mary rose the lack of scent but very healthy rose
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 12th February 2013, 18:03

have two of pretty jessica , you ladies will love the perfume Razz
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 1st March 2013, 11:56

Ozeboy - I have both Ekstase and Blue Bijou. Ekstase is about half a ft tall and Blue Bijoy is about 7 ft tall lol. Blue Bijou flowers are a bit delicate in the QLD sun but is in full sun all day in my garden. I am looking forward to seeing it in Winter where the flowers won't burn so quickly .. Because I do love them. Ekstase has lovely flowers but mine is a little twiggy at present. I am hoping it will come to life if I give it another year.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down