Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

AVON- BLACKBERRY NIP- EKSTASE- FISHER HOLMES- GOLD BUNNY- ISPAHAN-JUBILEE CELEBRATION- LILAC CHARM- NEPTUNE- QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX- THE CHILDRENS ROSE

5 posters

Go down

AVON- BLACKBERRY NIP- EKSTASE- FISHER HOLMES- GOLD BUNNY- ISPAHAN-JUBILEE CELEBRATION- LILAC CHARM- NEPTUNE- QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX- THE CHILDRENS ROSE Empty AVON- BLACKBERRY NIP- EKSTASE- FISHER HOLMES- GOLD BUNNY- ISPAHAN-JUBILEE CELEBRATION- LILAC CHARM- NEPTUNE- QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX- THE CHILDRENS ROSE

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 07:50

AVON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AVON

BLACKBERRY NIP

EKSTASE

FISHER HOLMES

GOLD BUNNY

ISPAHAN

JUBILEE CELEBRATION

LILAC CHARM

NEPTUNE

QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX

THE CHILDRENS ROSE
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

AVON- BLACKBERRY NIP- EKSTASE- FISHER HOLMES- GOLD BUNNY- ISPAHAN-JUBILEE CELEBRATION- LILAC CHARM- NEPTUNE- QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX- THE CHILDRENS ROSE Empty Re: AVON- BLACKBERRY NIP- EKSTASE- FISHER HOLMES- GOLD BUNNY- ISPAHAN-JUBILEE CELEBRATION- LILAC CHARM- NEPTUNE- QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX- THE CHILDRENS ROSE

Post by dannyboy 26th November 2012, 10:20

Great Pics Jordan.BN looks great mate so does Avon.Fisher Homes is nice to.How do you find Neptune to grow mate I like this or Big Purple to pick for next season.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

AVON- BLACKBERRY NIP- EKSTASE- FISHER HOLMES- GOLD BUNNY- ISPAHAN-JUBILEE CELEBRATION- LILAC CHARM- NEPTUNE- QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX- THE CHILDRENS ROSE Empty Re: AVON- BLACKBERRY NIP- EKSTASE- FISHER HOLMES- GOLD BUNNY- ISPAHAN-JUBILEE CELEBRATION- LILAC CHARM- NEPTUNE- QUATRE SAISSONS BLANC MOUSSEUX- THE CHILDRENS ROSE

Post by betsyw 26th November 2012, 12:32

Dan, I think you are a Test Garden unto yourself Gold Star Rating How many varieties is it now? And I think you are also a one-stop rose photo catalogue - beautiful stuff (sometimes TOO flattering - a marketer's delight!!). Have you been approached by Treloars yet ?

You know, now that I look at your Blackberry Nip, it reminds me a lot of Best Friend after it's aged in the vase for a bit. Here's a daggy pic of a BF I took back in 2003 . (Just as well I took the shot, because the blam thing didn't bloom much after the first flush - maybe bad rose mother rather than bad rose.) The colour appears a bit blue here, and the bloom is just about to blow, but it's a fair approximation.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 17:52

betsyw wrote:Dan, I think you are a Test Garden unto yourself Gold Star Rating How many varieties is it now? And I think you are also a one-stop rose photo catalogue - beautiful stuff (sometimes TOO flattering - a marketer's delight!!). Have you been approached by Treloars yet ?

You know, now that I look at your Blackberry Nip, it reminds me a lot of Best Friend after it's aged in the vase for a bit. Here's a daggy pic of a BF I took back in 2003 . (Just as well I took the shot, because the blam thing didn't bloom much after the first flush - maybe bad rose mother rather than bad rose.) The colour appears a bit blue here, and the bloom is just about to blow, but it's a fair approximation.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hi betsy,
thank you for the kind words , glad you enjoying the photos as much as i do. why would i be approached by treloars ??

as far as blackberry nip betsy its not an outstanding super bloomer , flushes there and there , but otherwise a nice looking rose .. your pic does look like best friend too.. they are not similar when they are young but as the flower gets older it goes a bit pale Smile
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 17:54

dannyboy wrote:Great Pics Jordan.BN looks great mate so does Avon.Fisher Homes is nice to.How do you find Neptune to grow mate I like this or Big Purple to pick for next season.

thanks danny ,

its the first flush for neptune this year as i gave him a big hair cut last winter , its a fast grower for me here .. it loves the sun too.. there is about 8 buds on the bush now , def a nice rose to have danny , u get it next year and a big bonus it has a great perfume .
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 26th November 2012, 18:53

Jordan , you have one of my very favourite roses Jubilee Celebration , absolutely love it , how does Ekstase shape up against the other reds for perfume , health etc , and Lilac Charm tell us about that one , reminds me of Eyes for You , thanks
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 19:07

maree wrote:Jordan , you have one of my very favourite roses Jubilee Celebration , absolutely love it , how does Ekstase shape up against the other reds for perfume , health etc , and Lilac Charm tell us about that one , reminds me of Eyes for You , thanks

maree, its ekstase first bloom this year for me .. it started with a bit of black spot , but has recovered quite well , the perfume is pure tea fragrance , i would rate 7 out of 10.

lilac charm is great bloomer and health wise is great .. no blackspot or mildew , the perfume is medium and fruity .
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 26th November 2012, 20:09

Jordan , which are your favourite DA's ? thanks ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 20:13

lol maree , thats really hard to say as i love them all . guess if i had to pick a yellow (graham thomas) and for deep red (fallstaff) i really love em all .. i will be posting a pic soon of fishermans friend that one i really love .. let me know what you think when i post it
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 26th November 2012, 20:53

No worries, i had Mary Rose , didn't do much good , and not much perfume , William Shakespeare , very , very leggy , didn't like it , the Mayflower , annoying little flowers , Jubilee Celebration , love it ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 20:54

maree, is that willam shakspeare 2000? or the orignal ??
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 26th November 2012, 21:13

Think it was the 2000..
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 21:14

i have both. the 2000 is a strong grower , bigger flower , the orignal has a much better perfume
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 26th November 2012, 21:26

Ooh I love the look of both Falstaff and Fisherman's Friend. Look forward to seeing them Jordan. What's their growth and health like? Thanks
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 26th November 2012, 21:32

hi silky , both of my fallstaff are strong and big canes , strong dark flowers they have a strong perfume but if fades as the flowers age.. no sign of blackspot or mildew .fishermans friend not as vigrous its a slow grower so far . had little mildew to start with but now its clean .three buds on the bush right now but so far the scent is great .. it should be open by tomorrow Smile
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 26th November 2012, 22:20

Thanks Jordan, looking forward to your pics.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down