Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume Mark II

5 posters

Go down

Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume Mark II Empty Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume Mark II

Post by betsyw 10th February 2013, 17:32

This subject came up in the current thread on Augusta Luise et al. The old Fat, Short thread seemed a bit old and long to drag up again, so I am starting a new compilation here for those willing to contribute their favs.

In my current SFODP rose holdings, I can't really tick every box for a single rose except the beautiful, compact and powerfully scented Love Potion, and while perfect in so many respects, she's blackspotting rather alarmingly.

Day Breaker is pure gold in all categories but perfume. Still, this is one fantastic Fat Lady, and dressed to the nines. What a terrific looking, shapely flower-laden bush - and it's a great repeater. Blooms last and last on the bush, too (but that striking tri-colourr doesn't hold in the heat)

I'm liking Soul Mate, but she's not in full stride yet, so it's early days.

Over to you guys.

Last edited by betsyw on 10th February 2013, 17:53; edited 1 time in total
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume Mark II Empty Re: Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume Mark II

Post by paulh 10th February 2013, 17:45

Soul Mate is on my watch list betsy is supposed to be intensely fragrant
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume Mark II Empty Re: Short, fat, overdressed and doused in perfume Mark II

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 10th February 2013, 17:55

Soul Mate is here at home(Mudgee). There is a saying which I think appropriate for this rose. "patience is a virtue, sometimes in a man, not in a woman" roflmao something along those lines. This rose will take a long time to come into any maturity, so the operative word here is "patience". IMO.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 10th February 2013, 20:38

Now I'm going to make a fool of myself here.
I don't have one single solitary rose growing, that falls in this category unfortunately, but from my reading, looking etc I've made a list of possibles. Feel free to tell me "I'm dreamin" and knock any/all of these out the door if they shouldn't be here.
Francis Dubrueil
Prospero
Old Port
Comte de Chambourd
Princess Alexandra of Kent
Sweet Jessica
Queen Adelaide
Scentimental
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 10th February 2013, 21:45

Silky , no worries there , except for Scentimental , for me its not overly fragrant , but thats just me . My favourites haven't changed , not until some new ones come along , and i'm sure they will , they are - Violina , Olde Fragrance , Oklahoma , Heaven Scent , Firefighter, Jubilee Celebration , Aoteroa ...
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 10th February 2013, 21:50

Yooo-hoooo maree! Most of these are Very Tall Girlies. Got any short, rounded fatties that are favs?
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 10th February 2013, 22:14

Yooo-hooo Betsy lol !!! giggle giggle , no honestly i can't think of any , but i am trying some newbies this year , maybe they'll fall into , short , fat and doused in perfume , although i could put down a human variety that falls into that category lol !!!
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 11th February 2013, 10:37

lol!
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 11th February 2013, 21:54

Have been reading about Bolero, the one coded Meidelweis, the white Meilland rose bred by Mouchotte around 2003. Everything points to this onebeing a true SFODP -size, shape , bloomiforousness, and super duper scent.

Anyone know if it's available here?
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down