Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Treloar Roses

+11
brettv68
neptune
maree
betsyw
The Estate
AutumnDamask
jordan71
dannyboy
sue-anne
The Lazy Rosarian
Admin
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Treloar Roses - Page 2 Empty Re: Treloar Roses

Post by maree 14th June 2012, 20:54

Lol , betsyw , isn't it funny , my mum , sisters and you , like Parole , it does have a nice perfume and is healthy but i dunno , it is a bit boofy , lol ...... Dannyboy , i have Oklahoma and Papa Meilland . I've forgotten which is which , but i think Oklahoma , flowers better and is a healthier bush , gorgeous perfume , flowers don't last all that long in vase though , prone to dieback and bs . Papa is slow growing and not a lot of flowers as yet , better flower form though also prone to dieback and bs , beautiful perfume , mine are about three years old , i'll give them another one or two years and see how they go ....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 15th June 2012, 11:19

We start from the same premise, Maree, which is great fragrance, but we go in different directions on some roses. So it will be interesting to see how we each react to Blackberry Nip. Will we both love it, or not? Or will one of us bond with this one, and the other send it packing? Fun!
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 15th June 2012, 12:15

Lol ha ha Betsyw , definately you are on , on Blackberry Nip , i guess roses are a bit like boyfriends when i was younger ( a lot younger ) one slip up and they were gone , lol . Do you like Oklahoma and Papa ? They are beautiful flowers but once again the bushes are trying , Oklahoma the best , well i think its Oklahoma , should have left the name tags on them . I did read somewhere Papa takes a long time to establish himself ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 15th June 2012, 14:48

I did bit of a rose garden at Mums and Dads house this year as mum loved her red roses she passed away in March this year so made a bit of a memory for all of us.She had Oklahoma and Ms Lincoln in pots so I made a bed for them and added a couple of Double Delights her other favourite after I gave her a flower from my palnt Smile .Herd alot of good reviews of them so waiting to see how they go this year.Might add Papa or Camp David or Australian Red Cross rose Question .

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 15th June 2012, 15:43

australian red cross i got this year so hopefuly it will be a good rose
dan
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 15th June 2012, 18:13

Maree, both OK and Papa try my patience, too, and I leave them to my friend's pot ghetto (she's on 160 hectares, but she's a city girl like me, and grows all her 12 roses in huge pots!). OK produces a great flower and has many different perfume notes I find attractive, but its classic HT faults of rangy growth and so-so bloom frequency rule it out for me. Papa is just Too. Damn. Slow.

Danny, my deepest condolences on the loss of your mother. Great thing you are doing with her Red Rose Memory garden. May I also suggest you try Firefighter (the old Hacienda reintroduced, and having a popularity boom in this re-release). Dark rich red, ultra-fragrant (the most powerful, and unrelentingly redolent modern rose I've yet encountered), and an outstanding vase rose.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 16th June 2012, 03:31

betsyw wrote:Maree, both OK and Papa try my patience, too, and I leave them to my friend's pot ghetto (she's on 160 hectares, but she's a city girl like me, and grows all her 12 roses in huge pots!). OK produces a great flower and has many different perfume notes I find attractive, but its classic HT faults of rangy growth and so-so bloom frequency rule it out for me. Papa is just Too. Damn. Slow.

Danny, my deepest condolences on the loss of your mother. Great thing you are doing with her Red Rose Memory garden. May I also suggest you try Firefighter (the old Hacienda reintroduced, and having a popularity boom in this re-release). Dark rich red, ultra-fragrant (the most powerful, and unrelentingly redolent modern rose I've yet encountered), and an outstanding vase rose.

Thank you for your condolences.I have seen Firefighter $14.95 at my local nursery and going by the card on the plant the rose looks stunning.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 16th June 2012, 12:02

Dannyboy , i also have Firefighter and i do like it , a bit of black spot , being coastal where i live , black spot is always a problem , but a lovely rose . Jordan i'll be interested to see how your Red Cross goes , please keep us posted on that one , thanks ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 16th June 2012, 12:02

I have firefighter as well. Its a gold medal winner. It has these nice long canes with big beautiful blooms on top. The scent is something the nostrils will always come back for seconds......well worth the buy
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 17th June 2012, 15:49

maree wrote:Dannyboy , i also have Firefighter and i do like it , a bit of black spot , being coastal where i live , black spot is always a problem , but a lovely rose . Jordan i'll be interested to see how your Red Cross goes , please keep us posted on that one , thanks ....

will do maree
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 18th June 2012, 10:54

betsyw wrote:Maree, both OK and Papa try my patience, too, and I leave them to my friend's pot ghetto (she's on 160 hectares, but she's a city girl like me, and grows all her 12 roses in huge pots!). OK produces a great flower and has many different perfume notes I find attractive, but its classic HT faults of rangy growth and so-so bloom frequency rule it out for me. Papa is just Too. Damn. Slow.

I got Firefighter yesterday I must say looks like a strong bushy rose at a great price to $14.95 Very Happy .

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 18th June 2012, 18:16

running out of room yet dan ?? LOL
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 19th June 2012, 03:32

jordan71 wrote:running out of room yet dan ?? LOL

LOL .I'am to be honest mate pulled off a fair bit of the native kangaroo paw and made some room tho.There's room for the 3 coming on order.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 19th June 2012, 05:23

well at least u still have a bit of room.. almost out of room here .. i will soon have to put some roses in my bathroom Laughing
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 20th June 2012, 03:11

jordan71 wrote:well at least u still have a bit of room.. almost out of room here .. i will soon have to put some roses in my bathroom Laughing

Must keep away from All Green mate myself Sad .Funny thing is I went to Master Builders and was surrounded by alot of roses lol Laughing .

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 20th June 2012, 07:22

dannyboy wrote:
jordan71 wrote:well at least u still have a bit of room.. almost out of room here .. i will soon have to put some roses in my bathroom Laughing

Must keep away from All Green mate myself Sad .Funny thing is I went to Master Builders and was surrounded by alot of roses lol Laughing .

where was that at dan ?
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 20th June 2012, 13:48

jordan71 wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

where was that at dan ?

Braybrook store Jordan went on Sunday they had a whole heap there mate.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 20th June 2012, 18:01

cool dan .. lucky u didnt buy any
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 18th July 2012, 03:25

Got my mailorder roses from Treloars yesterday.Very healthy plants and packed very well to.Summer of Love,Parole and Our Golden Son all HT.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th July 2012, 06:13

Daniel, I like the sound of 'Our Golden Son'. I would like to know the parentage of it. Did Treloars have any photos of it.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by brettv68 18th July 2012, 09:59

.treloarroses.com.au/products /product.asp?pID=5700&cID=20

Here you go! You need to remove the space between products and the / and add the www as being a new member I am not allowed to put up links.Treloar roses are fantastic quality I have bought quite a number this season and the bonus free roses makes all the better.

Casee is always ready to helpout should you have any problems.

Cheers
Brett GDay
brettv68
brettv68

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th July 2012, 10:52

For my money (and they've gotten a lot of it over the years :-) ), Treloars has about the best Australian rose vendor website for navigation, information and photography.

For OGRS, though, I use the American-based Vintage Gardens website. Of course you can't order anything from them, but their encyclopedic detail, organisation and sub-categorisation of information just can't be beaten.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 18th July 2012, 19:37

betsyw

Have a look at this site for OGRS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 18th July 2012, 23:51

Thanks Garry. I will have a real good look at that site when I have more time. I have put it as a favorite.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 19th July 2012, 02:32

David cant find any info on it's parentage not even on helpmefind.Having trouble posting a picture how do I post a pic.This is the information below about the rose.There is a image on the treloars site.

Neutrog's MD Angus Irwin had the honour of a new rose being named in recognition of Neutrog's work with Rose Societies around Australia. Called 'Our Golden Son', the rose is named for Angus and Sarah Irwin's son Seth.

Bred in Australia by well-known rose breeder Trevor Grant, 'Our Golden Son' is a hybrid tea bush rose with slender golden yellow buds develop into a beautiful large bloom that pales to lemon yellow as it ages. Mid to dark green leaves adorn a tall healthy bush.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next