Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Treloar Roses

+11
brettv68
neptune
maree
betsyw
The Estate
AutumnDamask
jordan71
dannyboy
sue-anne
The Lazy Rosarian
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Treloar Roses Empty Treloar Roses

Post by Admin 2nd June 2010, 22:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Treloar Roses Empty Re: Treloar Roses

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 10th June 2012, 06:02

Many of us have Daniel. I am off now to get some firewood, I will PM you when I get home.
Regards David.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sue-anne 10th June 2012, 10:47

yes I have dealt with treloars, they have been very good and fair to deal with ,last season some roses arrived ,one flowered a different colour to what it was supposed to be , I sent an email off to inform them

then they rang me and we worked out what had happened ,thye did offer me a refund or the option to have the right rose sent this season ,also to keep the other one (federation of australia rose )

this could happen to anyone so I wasnt worried to much and yesterday my new rose arrived ,packed really well and at no cost re postage to me or anything so thanks must go to treloars

yes I would recomend them for sure
sue-anne
sue-anne

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 10th June 2012, 11:14

Thanks guys for the information there website is very good to.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 10th June 2012, 13:25

dannyboy wrote:Has anybody dealed with this company they have a big range of roses.Cheers

i have never bought anything direct from them .. emailed em once .. the person that replied was rude and short and it felt like he didnt want to be there
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sue-anne 10th June 2012, 14:45

goodness jordan that would have been awful ,though remember the written word can sound cruel at times , maybe he was having a bad day
sue-anne
sue-anne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 10th June 2012, 17:48

Sue-Anne, if you had a business, would you want that from an employee.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by sue-anne 10th June 2012, 21:20

no of course not roseman and I would have rang and spoke to someone about it ,and certainly followed it up for sure

its quite odd really as I am sure jordan had asked a similar question elsewhere and never said anything then when I said treloars ,unless its another person if so I apologise

really really odd
sue-anne
sue-anne

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 10th June 2012, 21:57

I've ordered roses for years from Treloars and always found them great to deal with. Roses have always been excellent growers.
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 11th June 2012, 06:09

Sue-Anne, We have 3 people on this forum from nurseries, they are Swane's, Rankins and Treloars. We also have Ozeboy(Glenorie Roses). I have in the past either PMd one of them or the member that has had "issues" all to the best of my knowledge have been resolved. I do not favour either, ither, nor.
Can I suggest if any member has concerns how they are treated by any company that they or we use(reccommend), always get the employees name, that way any concern can be looked at and not just the brand name.
IMO it is in their best interest to address these things quickly.
Regards David.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by sue-anne 11th June 2012, 08:34

I realise there are nursery people here Roseman ,as I have been here before too,albeit ages ago

I dont have a problem with any nursery and certainly dont play favourites

our garden when out of town was a bit of a problem re growing roses and I found each and every nursery I contacted were so very helpful ,so I have nothing but praise

yes a very good idea to ask a persons name for follow up if needed
you have a great forum here Very Happy
sue-anne
sue-anne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate 11th June 2012, 11:42

Out of interest is anyone from Misty Downs on RT ?
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 11th June 2012, 13:46

its all good .. like i said i should have called back and spoke to a manager or someone in charge .. but ah well .. never mind
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 12th June 2012, 06:39

The Estate wrote:Out of interest is anyone from Misty Downs on RT ?
No is the simple answer Cheryl, they have never asked and (we) have never offered
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 12th June 2012, 13:05

Put a order in for a couple of roses that were hard to find after they send me a current book of all the roses they have They were very helpful on the phone I spoke to Gary I think.There prices very competitive to.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 12th June 2012, 16:45

This is copied from a PM from Daniel with his permission.

Daniel, if it is OK with you may I post this on the forum please, I believe in "give credit where credit is due".
Regards David

dannyboy Mon 11 Jun - 10:54

Hi David

I rang them up yesterday and spoke to one of the owners who was very helpful and they had all the roses I wanted Warm Wishes and a few more so I'm happy.I put a order in and they will arrive early July.Very competitive prices to.Thanks for your help roseman.I try to get on the forum when I can after work graveyard hours lol.Regards
Daniel

Last edited by roseman on 12th June 2012, 16:47; edited 1 time in total
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 12th June 2012, 16:45

dannyboy wrote:Put a order in for a couple of roses that were hard to find after they send me a current book of all the roses they have They were very helpful on the phone I spoke to Gary I think.There prices very competitive to.

what u ordering dan ?
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 13th June 2012, 03:45

jordan71 wrote:
dannyboy wrote:Put a order in for a couple of roses that were hard to find after they send me a current book of all the roses they have They were very helpful on the phone I spoke to Gary I think.There prices very competitive to.

what u ordering dan ?

Hi mate I'm ordering Warm Wishes ,Parole.I had trouble finding them at any nurseries. I ordered Summer of Love which is last years new release to.Does anybody grow Papa Meilland?.Is it hard to grow as the flower looks very nice on the internet.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 13th June 2012, 04:35

dannyboy wrote:
jordan71 wrote:

what u ordering dan ?

Hi mate I'm ordering Warm Wishes ,Parole.I had trouble finding them at any nurseries. I ordered Summer of Love which is last years new release to.Does anybody grow Papa Meilland?.Is it hard to grow as the flower looks very nice on the internet.

dan Papa Meilland is awesome .. i grow it.. nice bloom and smells great also .. unfortunatley does suffer little from black spot .. but otherwise nice rose

Last edited by jordan71 on 13th June 2012, 04:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 13th June 2012, 12:20

Nice selections, Danny. I'm a Treloars customer of long standing, and last year added several more Paroles to my collection via this supplier. All have done extremely well. I wish you joy of your new roses.

Hope you love Parole as much as I do, but whatever your final judgement, I will be very interested to hear your thoughts on this one, pro and con, during the season.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 13th June 2012, 15:56

betsyw wrote:Nice selections, Danny. I'm a Treloars customer of long standing, and last year added several more Paroles to my collection via this supplier. All have done extremely well. I wish you joy of your new roses.

Hope you love Parole as much as I do, but whatever your final judgement, I will be very interested to hear your thoughts on this one, pro and con, during the season.

Thanks for the reply.The first I saw of Parole was at the Victorian State Rose garden in Werribee.Me and my wife fell in love with it, it's perfume and flower were so beautiful.The flower is the largest of any hybird tea rose.Very special rose Parole is.Does it need more TLC then other roses?.Warm Wishes I seen there to nice flower and great perfume to.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 13th June 2012, 16:01

jordan71 wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
jordan71 wrote:

what u ordering dan ?

dan Papa Meilland is awesome .. i grow it.. nice bloom and smells great also .. unfortunatley does suffer little from black spot .. but otherwise nice rose

Thanks for the reply it is very common to get as I see it at alot of places.Might head down this week Twisted Evil .

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 13th June 2012, 18:49

i believe its name has changed to buxom beauty that is the parole rose i'm talking about
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 14th June 2012, 07:50

Jordan, "Buxom Beauty" is its alternate name mostly in the UK, and to my mind it's worse than "Parole", which refers to the original meaning of 'word of honour'. Both names are just tragic fromn a marketing standpoint, though. Might as well call the poor rose "Fatso" or "Jailbait". I adore Kordes roses, just love 'em, but the company is THE worst at naming their roses.

And this rose really deserves a good swing tag name. Danny, she has almost no vices, and no end of virtues in fragrance, form and substance. One could wish for more frequent rebloom, but she's not stingy like Granada. Substantial petals, sturdy straight stems, too, for great cutting, and she lasts well in the vase for such a highly oiled rose. The colour, to be honest, is loud, and definitely not to everyone's taste, but she is a good mixer with dark red roses, which soften her otherwise uncompromising French bordello magenta.

As a for bloom size, yeah, she can kick out with some big ones, but I've seen bigger on Valencia. In Victoria, she probably does live up to the Biggest Bloom claim. In high summer she produces very average sized and some small flowers. I wouldn't say she shuts down in the heat, but if you give her some afternoon shade she appreciates it. Maree doesn't care for her form and big boofy size, so you have to judge that for yourself

betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 14th June 2012, 14:11

betsyw wrote:Jordan, "Buxom Beauty" is its alternate name mostly in the UK, and to my mind it's worse than "Parole", which refers to the original meaning of 'word of honour'. Both names are just tragic fromn a marketing standpoint, though. Might as well call the poor rose "Fatso" or "Jailbait". I adore Kordes roses, just love 'em, but the company is THE worst at naming their roses.

And this rose really deserves a good swing tag name. Danny, she has almost no vices, and no end of virtues in fragrance, form and substance. One could wish for more frequent rebloom, but she's not stingy like Granada. Substantial petals, sturdy straight stems, too, for great cutting, and she lasts well in the vase for such a highly oiled rose. The colour, to be honest, is loud, and definitely not to everyone's taste, but she is a good mixer with dark red roses, which soften her otherwise uncompromising French bordello magenta.

As a for bloom size, yeah, she can kick out with some big ones, but I've seen bigger on Valencia. In Victoria, she probably does live up to the Biggest Bloom claim. In high summer she produces very average sized and some small flowers. I wouldn't say she shuts down in the heat, but if you give her some afternoon shade she appreciates it. Maree doesn't care for her form and big boofy size, so you have to judge that for yourself

Thanks for the reply very informative post and will let you know how I go.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next