Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses

+7
Bonita18
AutumnDamask
The Lazy Rosarian
betsyw
jordan71
maree
lildeb
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses Empty Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses

Post by lildeb 15th April 2013, 19:58

I have found that the Hybrid Musk family of roses really seem to enjoy life here at Tyler's Garden, and would dearly love to gradually add to the family. I only have a few of the more commonly known ones; Lavender Lassie; Bloomfield Abundance; Pink Prosperity; Crepuscle; Felicia; Penelope; and just acquired Cornelia from the lovely Joan of ladybird Roses.
I came across some really amazing HM on an overseas website, such as Bubblebath, don't even know if she is available in Aus. But from reading through different threads on the forum, I have come to the conclusion that with our Rose Guru's and all the knowledgeable folk here on Rosetalk, this is the place to ask!! Please note, I am not trying to cadge freebies ( all gifts MOST welcome of course!!!) Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses 2987530908
It's just that finding the more unusual/hard to get roses is...well...HARD!!! And often one site will say Hybrid Musk, while another says something completely different... not that I want to be picky, a rose by any other um..name?? and all that...
But if anyone has or breeds these type of roses, and has any they sell, or if you have some extra cuttings you are happy to barter or share, I would be delighted to hear from you! Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses 2645109468
lildeb
lildeb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-06-07

http://tylersgarden.com

Back to top Go down

Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses Empty Re: Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses

Post by maree 15th April 2013, 22:16

Lildeb, have you tried Honeysuckle Cottage and Misty Downs roses ?
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses Empty Re: Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses

Post by jordan71 16th April 2013, 06:47

good luck with honeysuckle they never reply to their email's LOL
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 16th April 2013, 18:58

Never dealt with them Jordan , but their site looks interesting ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 16th April 2013, 20:47

their site is great maree .
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 16th April 2013, 22:31

Have you bought anything off them Jordan ? I have been to MistyDowns several times , thats a nice place too ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 17th April 2013, 06:57

no maree , enquired about few roses about three times , they never replied , so they snooze they loose.

misty down is lovely place to visit , have bought heaps from there . but not buying there anymore , getting the few roses this year from Thomas . and few from reliable roses.
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 17th April 2013, 19:18

Sounds good Jordan !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by lildeb 18th April 2013, 09:29

Thanks Guys, I actually do have a wish-list of roses I want to buy from Misty Downs, hadn't heard of Honeysuckle, but if they don't respond to emails..... hmmmm..
Pretty much everything has to be mail order for me, so email response really does prove helpful lol!
lildeb
lildeb

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th April 2013, 10:32

lildeb, I have a lot of CONDITONAL love for Honeysuckle Cottage. I've ordered stuff from them on and off for 20 years. BUT the trick is not not not to use the online forms. If you order five plants, and only one turns out to be in stock, they send just the one plant - and that can mean you have to 1) pay postage for a single plant, and 2) take the remainder of your order as a credit. It's a real mess, but I think their thrid-party facility is to blame.

Much better to personally talk to the wonderful Judyth McLeod, co=owner with her husband Keith ( he is reputedly a bear to talk to, but that may be hearsay). Place your order through her.

I swear HC has THE most exquisite plant catalogue anywhere in the universe - not just for the hard-to-get stuff, but for the best descriptions of all time, written with art and thought and love and knowledge. You write extremely well, lildeb, and you'd just bathe in the HC prose
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by lildeb 18th April 2013, 12:18

Thank you Betsy!! Oh I love poetic descriptions! Someone who goes into rhapsodies over roses will be likely to find me on their customer list quite promptly love love
How do I get my little greedy paws on a catalogue Betsy-dear?? or is it online on their website?
I am inspired!!
lildeb
lildeb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th April 2013, 12:20

Betsy, you have summed up Dr. Judyth very well, she did her Phd thesis on hand make parchment and written by hand. Keith is the photographer and the words are Judyth's.
Not sure of your phone situation Deb, but if you can talk to her personally, landline maybe, it would be the way to go.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th April 2013, 12:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the cat for you Deb
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by lildeb 18th April 2013, 12:30

No landline out here Roseman, but a good mobile plan; barring storms and other climactic interferences!! We are heading out of cyclone season and into the gentle months so I should not keep losing the person on the other end of the phone!! (Doncha hate that when you are nattering happily....only to discover you have been disconnected for goodness knows how long???)
Duh

Thank you kindly sir, I shall try not to drool over the keyboard, and if loving hubby has a fit, I shall refer him to you to explain the sudden increase in purchases!!
Cheers
lildeb
lildeb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th April 2013, 12:31

Broad shoulders Deb, I talk him around.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th April 2013, 12:46

Actually, what's great about Judyth's prose is that it isn't rhapsodic, definitely not breathless. It's more of a pastorale. The minutiae are all gathered up into a beautifully woven piece of word music.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 18th April 2013, 14:45

Oh my goodness. I've just spent AGES going through Honeysuckle's website.
I had NO IDEA there were so many types of violet. As far as I knew there was dark, light, pink, white and a double.. LOL I WANT THEM ALL. (Also - need pics)

And ... and....
Digger
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th April 2013, 15:49

Hows your phone plan Wendy roflmao
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 18th April 2013, 17:41

Oh the *phone* plan is great. Just the *plant* plan is decidedly short on funds!
roflmao
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th April 2013, 17:56

Swap some of the phone over to the plant. lol!
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by lildeb 18th April 2013, 18:22

Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses 2664029964
lildeb
lildeb

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th April 2013, 19:30

Has anyone actually been there ? I have a list of nursery's i'd love to visit and Honeysuckle Cottage is one of them , hope they keep the business going cause its a long way from where i live ..
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 18th April 2013, 19:35

nope a bit far for me maree LOL
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th April 2013, 19:53

Me too Jordan , just one of those , " one of these days " things i going to do lol ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by lildeb 18th April 2013, 20:25

Quite right Betsy, JUDITH doesn't rhapsodize but I JUST MIGHT after a long cyber-visit and hike through her pages!!!
Not just the roses and violets but the mints and...and...words fail me!!
a very rare occurrence indeed!!
I'll have three of everything please!
Seeking rare/hard to get Hybrid Musk roses 3472330310
lildeb
lildeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next