Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Which roses are still flowering in your garden ?

+2
jordan71
maree
6 posters

Go down

Which roses are still flowering in your garden ? Empty Which roses are still flowering in your garden ?

Post by maree 17th June 2012, 22:28

Just looking around the garden today , i noticed that a few of the roses were still flowering very well and some had given up the ghost . And of course they are my favourites too , Violina , Pope John Paul and Henri Matisse . Which of your roses is still flowering as well ?
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Which roses are still flowering in your garden ? Empty Re: Which roses are still flowering in your garden ?

Post by jordan71 18th June 2012, 07:20

freesia, seduction. iceberg.. and MMe issac Pereire
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Which roses are still flowering in your garden ? Empty Re: Which roses are still flowering in your garden ?

Post by AutumnDamask 18th June 2012, 07:28

Hmmmm..... off the top of my head...

Pierre de Ronsard
Lamarque
Shot Silk
Seduction
Bonica
Gold Bunny
Just Joey
Grace
The Squire
Scarlet Queen Elizabeth
Pegasus
Duet
New Duet
Fiona's Wish
Princess de Monaco
one ofthe teas... ("not-Rubens")
Woburn Abbey
Glamis Castle
Paris 2000
Firefighter
Tuscan Sun
Typhoon (? not sure if that is the one)
Tess of the d'Ubervilles
Mutablis
Old Blush
Mme Isaac P
Gremlin
Darcey Bussell
Papa Meilland
Crimson Glory

And probably a few others but I can't be bothered going outside to check. *g*

Last edited by AutumnDamask on 18th June 2012, 20:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling. And additions. ;))
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th June 2012, 08:31

Lol , Autumn Damask , i think you have a lot more roses than i do , of all the above , i have firefighter , but i think its just about finished . I culled a lot of roses this year , see how the new ones go .
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate 18th June 2012, 10:35

I have the odd one or two, they are not opening now, too cold, I have also slowly slowly started pruning a few each day Very Happy
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th June 2012, 10:40

The Valencias never give up, even when I tell them that it's time for a nap. I suspect that mine have plough horses somewhere in their pedigree. The mis-tagged rose that I think is Apricot Nectar also popping a few blooms.The better of the two Firefighters also refuses to go to sleep (the lesser of the two never quite woke up during the season, which says a lot about differences between two identical cultivars from the same nursery). Paroles and others are dormant as dormant can be.

Looking at AutumnDamask's list, I wonder why I even bother to post my pitiful report Sad
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th June 2012, 11:35

Lol , betsyw , i'm feel the same , i want to know what AutumnDamask feeds her roses on , must be good stuff !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 18th June 2012, 17:27

Haha. Well, some of them only have one bloom on them - I didn't realise I had to be picky about how generous they were being. Very Happy Some of them aren't nice blooms either. If I went for the over-bloomers then the list would be much smaller. Smile
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th June 2012, 18:20

AutumnDamask, it wasn't only the length, depth and breadth of your list, it was the throwaway line "just off the top of my head" that sent me into the Slough of Despond. I'd have to rake through every neuron in my memory from 1998 to this present moment to come up with less than half of that cultivar inventory, and let's forget the seasonal thing Smile
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 18th June 2012, 20:20

I thought that I had posted a list of what we have flowering but I may have logged out before pressing send. I had said that most of ours are still flowering (apart for the spring only ones).

Some of the larger teas are still pumping out the flowers. This Autumn's flush has been later then normal though the recent rains wrecked a lot of the flowers.

Star performers over the past few weeks inlcude Mons Tillier, Com de Larbathe, Com Riza de Park (as sold in oz), Mme de Tartas (also the one sold in Oz), Mrs BR Cant, Marie Van Houtte, Isabella Sprunt Safrano, La Vesuve, Bon Seliene, General Gallieni, Mme Lambard plus probably a few that I have forgotten. Even Papalon (as sold in Oz) has been presenting us with quite a few flowers.

It is startign to cool down a bit now so I expect the flowering to slow down a bit now.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th June 2012, 23:34

Love the rain Balinbear , but it can make a mess of the roses after a decent downfall , but after ten years of drought still fresh in my memory , i'm not complaining .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down