Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

'Eyes For You' Brindabella's new rose

+6
Carole
jordan71
AutumnDamask
The Lazy Rosarian
Meryl
lildeb
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'Eyes For You' Brindabella's new rose - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Eyes For You' Brindabella's new rose

Post by jordan71 8th March 2012, 19:11

it will be worth the wait to get one , still hunting .. perhaps someone at a later date may have one in the nursery potted up cheers
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

'Eyes For You' Brindabella's new rose - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Eyes For You' Brindabella's new rose

Post by lildeb 8th March 2012, 22:17

have a chat to the guys at Brindabella, see what they can do... just remember to LEAVE ONE FOR ME! (Wonder how she grows cutting-wise???)
lildeb
lildeb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-06-07

http://tylersgarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 9th March 2012, 06:11

Wendy, Treloars sends to you guy's over there don't they, You could pre-order for next year lol! .

Jordan, the chance of that rose getting to a pot is very slim IMO, the company that does pots only roses which is called 'Green E Plants'. I doubt there was/is sufficient budwood of it to go around to places like this. As I said to Wendy, next year.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 9th March 2012, 08:19

roseman wrote:Wendy, Treloars sends to you guy's over there don't they, You could pre-order for next year lol! .

Jordan, the chance of that rose getting to a pot is very slim IMO, the company that does pots only roses which is called 'Green E Plants'. I doubt there was/is sufficient budwood of it to go around to places like this. As I said to Wendy, next year.

well i'm not waiting till next year , i want one now Laughing
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by lildeb 9th March 2012, 19:51

Ring the folk at Brindabella n see if they can do anything for you-worth the extra to have it transported! oh... unless they are out too.... snif...
lildeb
lildeb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-06-07

http://tylersgarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 5th April 2012, 21:20

I live about 2kms from Brindabella and purchased a cutting grown one with about five canes and five blooms from there last Monday. I have temporarily planted it in a huge tree size glazed ceramic pot and the flowers look great. I may plant it out in the garden later on as the season cools down. The perfume is very intense and I think it is a very pretty looking rose. I also love Blue for You which was also bred by Peter James of the UK. I am a little concerned that BS might be a problem with it having been bred from R Hulthemia.

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 6th April 2012, 09:31

have mine and i love it so far , not in flower tho , young and healthy rose Smile
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 6th April 2012, 09:47

Bonita, if you get a chance have a look through a couple of these 'Hulthemia' links, some beautiful roses out of them, especially the Jim Sproule one's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Poesie 21st May 2012, 20:24

Some pictures -EFY, beginning and later (white)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Poesie
Poesie

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-03-15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE2DCf46-qk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd May 2012, 06:49

Irena, have you thought about posting these photo's on RHA as they have had the rose longer than Australia, maybe they have had the same thing happen, just a thought.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 22nd May 2012, 07:25

beautiful rose , mine about to bloom i will post one out soon
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 25th May 2012, 21:52

Anyone wanting this rose , have you tried Silkie roses , i think they have them , i saw this rose at the Melbourne Flower and Garden show , i'm not sure about it , would probably look very pretty in a mixed border , have to wait and see i think ....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 25th May 2012, 21:57

Bonita , are Brindabella roses as good as they say , don't know anyone who has one of their roses and when you google their names , nothing really comes up , so hard to research their roses . Apart from Blue for You , what other Brindabella rose do you know and like ? Thanks
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2