Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Eyes for You & Grimaldi

+2
jordan71
silkyfizz
6 posters

Go down

Eyes for You & Grimaldi Empty Eyes for You & Grimaldi

Post by silkyfizz 17th April 2013, 22:32

These are my "newies" blooming. I just love them both, for different reasons. EfY is delicate and mysterious with an intriguing fragrance. Just a little baby still but promises to have a lovely rounded shape. The bees love her too. The flowers have lasted at least a week on the bush.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Grimaldi was an impulse buy. I couldn't resist the flamboyance and colour combination. A floozy that waves with gay abandon she brightens my day. Flowers have lasted foe over a week on the bush. Wish she had a perfume to match. Bees love her too as you can see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Eyes for You & Grimaldi Empty Re: Eyes for You & Grimaldi

Post by jordan71 18th April 2013, 07:44

well done silky , your EFY looks great
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th April 2013, 09:17

EFY . Hmmm. So tempted by your and others' reports about the intriguing fragrance. Grimaldi - what a perfect name for this flamboyant boulevardier! Too bad no scent, but on flair alone it gets my interest.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 18th April 2013, 09:52

Thanks Jordan.
Betsy, EfY fragrance is spicy but does not waft (acc to my nose anyway). When I bend down and take a sniff, yep it is quite strong, but not in the league of power perfumes that I know you like. Just saying....But it is a pretty little thing and very healthy.
Even though I vowed and declared that only perfumed roses would make it into my garden, I fell for Grimaldi. Sometimes you just have to go where your heart takes you. Maybe I need more willpower! Lol. But I'm not sorry really, a gorgeous thing.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th April 2013, 10:18

Pity about the no-waft, silky, and thanks for pointing that out. EFY doesn't look like a cutting rose much, so for me it would have to be a "living bouquet", with flowers left on bush, bush situated near pedestrian areas.

Okay, I'll pass on this one, then. Thank you for saving me money, silky, although I know that you have an inexhaustible store of other tempting money pits on stems to suck me in. Laughing
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 18th April 2013, 10:56

lol!
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th April 2013, 19:57

Very pretty indeed Silky , i too fell for Grimaldi , a pretty rose and heaps of flowers , but i have to admit i soon tired of it , no fragrance , but for a pot like you have , perfect !!!
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 18th April 2013, 22:08

I went to the Melbourne flower show recently and thought the perfume of Forget Me Not and Child's Love was outstanding.

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 19th April 2013, 10:16

Bonita, I remember someone mentioned those two as outstanding, either you or Maree I think. Both looked lovely and so I looked them up. I'll be very interested in reports for possible list next year. I wonder if anyone has them yet?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 19th April 2013, 11:19

Bonita , were you on holidays down here , cause Melbourne flower show a long way for a Sunday drive from where you live lol !! Did you like our show Bonita ? Its on my calendar as a yearly event , never miss it . Yes Silky , it was me , i was captivated by Forget Me Not , saw it at the Melb show too , haven't got it for this year , maybe next year , if i can find a spot .
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 19th April 2013, 16:59

Yes I was on a seven week holiday down through Sydney, Wagga, Bright Omeo, the Austin hospital in Melbourne. Then we went across your little state along the great ocean road and then up through Broken Hill and Tibboburra and into western Qld. We free camped in Drouin and caught the train into Southern Cross and went on the first day of the Flower Show. Yes it was very enjoyable but I just love the Exhibition Building for its outstanding classical beauty. I attended Roseweek 99 there in November 1999 - a great experience.
I visited Treloars, Mornington Botanic Rose Gdn with its myriad of inquisitive ducks and geese! Also i went and purchased from The Rose Paradise in Box Hill two micro-minis called Angelita and Baby Tears. They arrived home safely. Would love to buy Mariendal and St Cecila both of whom were bred by the nurseryman himself, Falk Hanneman.
The weeds here are the worst I have ever, ever, ever had. I think the sheep manure did it and I have just emptied 265mms out of the rain guage. It was full and perhaps may have even overflowed. That rainfall was from 23 Feb until 16 April!

Bonita18

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 19th April 2013, 18:04

Bonita, you certainly managed to pack a lot into 7 weeks! Bright and the Great Ocean Road are some of my fav places.
I notice you bought 2 roses from The Rose Paradise. How did you find their stock? Has anyone else bought from there?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 19th April 2013, 18:44

It's been several years since I've had a chance to get back to The Rose Paradise. All the ones I've ever had from there are great (health-wise etc).
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 19th April 2013, 19:37

In 1999 at Roseweek I received a catalogue when they were doing lots of mail orders. I ordered the beautiful little red mini called Ruby Treasure which is a top favourite amongst my minis. So I kept the details and vowed to go there when in Melbourne. Also in the 1930's my mother and her family migrated to Qld from Box Hill so I wanted to visit there.

Bonita18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down