Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE-

4 posters

Go down

EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE- Empty EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE-

Post by jordan71 20th February 2013, 21:07

EYES FOR YOU
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

THE DARK LADY

RED CROSS

ELINA

SHARIFA ASMA

THE PRINCE

MISTER LINCOLN

SUPERSTAR

WHISKY

FRANCIS DUBRIEL

THE CHILDRENS ROSE

THE SQUIRE
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE- Empty Re: EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE-

Post by silkyfizz 21st February 2013, 10:44

Always love seeing your roses Jordan. They are all beautiful. I plan on ordering Francis Dubreil, how do you find her? I'm quite taken with Superstar, is it more pale orange or pinkish? What can you tell me about her? Thanks
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE- Empty Re: EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE-

Post by jordan71 21st February 2013, 18:01

love francis , have two of them healthy as they come and very dark and nice scent too.

superstar is beautifull vibrant orange . not pink . also healthy and super good fragrance .
hope this helps silky
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 21st February 2013, 18:22

Thanks Jordan, that confirms Francis' place on my list.
As for Superstar, I went back to my own notes and HMF to refresh my memory. Sorry, bright vermilion, I'd forgotten. Yours looked a bit more muted and more to my taste.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 21st February 2013, 18:55

superstar is truely awesome rose silky , if mine ever dies wouldnt hesitate to get another 1
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 21st February 2013, 19:09

Looks lovely but hard to place I think so it doesn't overshadow others. One day I might find a place for it, with apricots and white. Any BS problems Jordan? This seemed to be consistent failing according to comments on HMF, so your comment that its healthy is interesting.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd February 2013, 06:40

Silky when reading comments on HMF you need to consider a couple of things, what climate zone is the author in and most are in America. Dan could post on HMF so there is a listing of his experience with it, which in-turn would be more appropriate for us here in Oz.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 22nd February 2013, 08:05

lol

yeah i know david, i am slack , i should be posting on HMF.. Will get to it eventualy
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 22nd February 2013, 11:32

Yes Roseman, I do take into consideration that most of the comments on HMF pertain to American experience and I look at the zone. When researching a rose I look at everything I can find to help with my decision. That's why Jordan's comments about health of Superstar was so surprising, in light of so many negative comments on HMF. His verdict carries far more weight with me, particularly as he is in Melbourne, like me. Jordan, your feedback on your many roses is invaluable to me, so maybe you should get your own award.

EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE- 1404092755
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 22nd February 2013, 14:50

jordan71 wrote:superstar is truely awesome rose silky , if mine ever dies wouldnt hesitate to get another 1

Dan, how old is yours and is it in a pot(what size) or in the ground?
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 24th February 2013, 09:46

mine is two years old and its in 16 inch pot
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 24th February 2013, 09:47

silkyfizz wrote:Yes Roseman, I do take into consideration that most of the comments on HMF pertain to American experience and I look at the zone. When researching a rose I look at everything I can find to help with my decision. That's why Jordan's comments about health of Superstar was so surprising, in light of so many negative comments on HMF. His verdict carries far more weight with me, particularly as he is in Melbourne, like me. Jordan, your feedback on your many roses is invaluable to me, so maybe you should get your own award.

EYES FOR YOU - THE DARK LADY- RED CROSS- ELINA- SHARIFA ASMA- THE PRINCE- MISTER LINCOLN- SUPER STAR- WHISKY- FRANCIS DUBRIEL- THE CHILDRENS ROSE- THE SQUIRE- 1404092755

lol silky

thanks for the kind words ..

i deserve no award .. i just baby my roses lol well put it this way they are very spoiled
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down