Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Bernhard... the 'Ebb Tide' pollen...

2 posters

Go down

Bernhard... the 'Ebb Tide' pollen... Empty Bernhard... the 'Ebb Tide' pollen...

Post by Admin 23rd April 2011, 12:44

Hi Bernhard,

I was thinking you will be starting to think about using that 'EBB Tide' pollen soon. Did you leave it in the little paper envelope? How did you freeze it? I'm heading out to collect some bracteata flowers to freeze pollen for next season. It's the only way I can use it since it doesn't start flowering here till about two months before winter. Same with clinophylla. I collect it in those little paper envelopes I make and then wait a day or two, then pop them in ziplock bags, squeeze as much air out of them as possible and then seal it and freeze it. When I'm ready to use it I take the bag out and put it on a bench until it has come to room temp after which I open it and let it dry a little more (few hours tops) then I use it straight away. With yours... the key is not to let it get wet so let it thaw out slowly without opening it... then open it to dry it a little more before using it straight away.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Bernhard... the 'Ebb Tide' pollen... Empty Re: Bernhard... the 'Ebb Tide' pollen...

Post by Bemo 23rd April 2011, 20:49

Hi Simon,
your Ebb Tide pollen I've left in the envelope but additional packed in a sealing bag and a small tupper tub. This will avoid condensation of water on the pollen when I get it out of the freezer (~-20°C).
As pollination partner I will take Sympathie and Lucia. With Sympathie I assume the highest success rate, with Lucia an interesting colour (maybe something in brown direction).
But at the end I have decide in dependance what flowering when I take out the pollen.
When the weather stays like it is currently (sunny at 20-25 C Very Happy) it will be in about 4 weeks.

Did you still hide eggs for your wife and your children?

cheers
Bernhard

Bemo

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2009-01-31

http://rosebreeding.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Bernhard... the 'Ebb Tide' pollen... Empty Re: Bernhard... the 'Ebb Tide' pollen...

Post by Admin 23rd April 2011, 22:14

I've just finished easter bunny duties Smile I look forward to hearing how your pollinations with ET go Smile

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down