Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Anyone got any 'Brindabella Bouquet' pollen I could use???

2 posters

Go down

Anyone got any 'Brindabella Bouquet' pollen I could use??? Empty Anyone got any 'Brindabella Bouquet' pollen I could use???

Post by Admin 23rd December 2010, 20:00

As the topic title says... I am looking for some Brindabella Bouquet pollen if someone has any they could spare?

If you do, all you need to do is PM me with your address and I'll post a pre-paid envelop up to you with a small paper envelope in it, you cut the anthers from a bud just before it opens into the small envelope, close it and pop it in the mail to send back down Smile

Cheers,

Simon

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone got any 'Brindabella Bouquet' pollen I could use??? Empty Re: Anyone got any 'Brindabella Bouquet' pollen I could use???

Post by Ozeboy 23rd December 2010, 22:11

Somon, I have some in plastic vials in the freezer. BB has finished a flush though there might be one or two blooms left.
I also have a few baby grafted plant plants here for my own use however these have not bloomed yet.
Will check tomorrow.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Anyone got any 'Brindabella Bouquet' pollen I could use??? Empty Re: Anyone got any 'Brindabella Bouquet' pollen I could use???

Post by Ozeboy 24th December 2010, 09:19

There are 5 just starting to open buds. I can make up a small plastic sleeve to put the pollen in as these won't last until you send small zip sachets.
It might rain so will need to know early for best result.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 24th December 2010, 09:59

A small paper one is better Bruce. In plastic it can sweat and go mouldy in transport. The paper absorbs the moisture and dries the pollen out nicely so it lasts a bit longer. If you could make the same 'envelope' out of paper that would be great. I'll send the package up after Christmas along with some other goodies. Whilst I don't usually use pollen over a week old (unless it was properly frozen) it will still have some viability after a month or more so there is no reason to hurry too much. The pollen I recently sent off to Bemo and to AdamE will experience reduced viability but so long as they freeze it when they get it will still have some viability for them when they thaw out again next year. I'm intending to use this on 'Temple Bells'. I'll send you one of these as well. IMO, it is going to be my most valuable breeder for wichurana shrubs.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 24th December 2010, 14:39

Done! Leaves here at 4 pm mail today. Merry Christmas.

Bruce

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 24th December 2010, 15:31

You are awesome Bruce... Thanks a lot Smile

I'll wait until after Christmas to get all the other goodies off to avoid sitting in mail for extended periods of time Thumbsup

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down