Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

List of ALL Australian bred roses on HMF

+19
muscovyduckling
Balinbear
rosebud
dannyboy
silkyfizz
Happy roses
AutumnDamask
Bonita18
neptune
maree
RosyTeesh
Alee
The Lazy Rosarian
Carole
Ozeboy
Meryl
rosemeadow
Ausrose
Admin
23 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

List of ALL Australian bred roses on HMF - Page 14 Empty Re: List of ALL Australian bred roses on HMF

Post by Ausrose 25th June 2014, 21:43

At the recent Queensland Autumn Rose Show an outstanding miniature was revealed for the first time being in the seedling class which it won. My informant tells me it was of excellent hybrid tea form, the colour of New Era and Delicious(Welsh) is one of its parents. At this stage it hasn't been registered but when it is it will be a miniature with a big future.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

List of ALL Australian bred roses on HMF - Page 14 Empty Re: List of ALL Australian bred roses on HMF

Post by dannyboy 30th June 2014, 02:15

Ausrose I have been told that Karen Julie a old Australian bred rose is a very good rose.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 30th June 2014, 06:17

Dannyboy
Bred by Robert Allender in 1979 and named after a grand daughter Karen Julie is an orange red hybrid tea. I haven't grown the rose however like you I have heard good reports.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 30th June 2014, 06:38

Morning Doug, I have just visited Robert Allenders list of roses on HMF, I do like this one, link below,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 30th June 2014, 13:38

David that does look like a nice rose good parents to.Carol Joy looks intereting to ،but for some reson on HMF it's saying the same parents as rednella.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 30th June 2014, 17:19

It isn't surprising that Carol Joy has the same parents as Red Nella because Red Nella is Allender spelled backwards. Different cultivars having the same parents isn't unusual with the most famous being Oklahoma, Papa Meilland and Mister Lincoln.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 30th June 2014, 18:55

Ausrose have had any exerience with rednella and carol joy.If so how are they.Cheers

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 30th June 2014, 19:23

Unfortunately dannyboy I haven't grown any of Allender's roses however I have seen both Carol Joy and Red Nella and if I had the room I would like to have a number of each. There are so many good Australian bred roses I wish I was on a much larger block than I am on at presen so I could grow and enjoy them all.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 30th June 2014, 19:53

There seems to be a couple of those with the same parents.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 1st July 2014, 03:53

David two Australian bred roses with the same parents are the outstanding minifloras Joyce Abounding and Red Gem both bred by Dr Bruce Chapman in 2004 their parents being Rise'n'Shine and Pirouette.

On the topic of Joyce Abounding I have grown six Joyce Abounding roses from cuttings and they are magnificent bushes.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 1st July 2014, 06:50

I must admit Doug it is a nice pink, I am not a fan of pink to say, it's just one of the easiest colours to breed, lots of pinks out in the system
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 1st July 2014, 09:26

David I was surprised you said Joyce Abounding is a pink and when I looked it up on HMF I can see the reason why. The photo on the page is pink and it doesn't show the true  colour of the rose which is a shade of orange tinged with red/pink. If you go to the photo page and look at the two photos I put up you will pretty well see the true colour of Joyce Abounding. It's the colour that captivates the judges in shows and it has won a grand champion ribbon at the Sydney Royal Easter Show and numerous other class champion ribbons at various shows
Looking at the photo on the description page you would wonder why all the top exhibitors have Joyce Abounding growing for exhibiting but when you see fresh blooms on the bush you understand why.

What has happened here shows why it is absolutely essential, unless you are happy to buy a pig in a poke, to see a rose before you buy it for colour as photos can be so misrepresentative.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 1st July 2014, 12:25

Yes Doug I should have gone to the photo page before "putting my foot in mouth" disease, I do like the colour of your photos, changes my mind about it.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 1st July 2014, 12:35

All good.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 2nd July 2014, 17:39

Another aussie rose highly regarded is Alicia Courage very highly rated a 2 tone not much info on it tho,

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 3rd July 2014, 00:03

Bred by Ray Courage and named after his wife Alicia Courage was sold by Ross Roses in recent years but it's not in this years catalogue.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

List of ALL Australian bred roses on HMF - Page 14 Empty Bonita Cattell - Australian bred by George Thomson

Post by Bonita18 3rd July 2014, 20:05

At the risk of self-promotion I am pleased to show you my rose named for me by George Thomson.  See Help me find for details.

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 3rd July 2014, 20:21

Here is the picture. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 3rd July 2014, 20:26

Very nice, indeed...
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by muscovyduckling 5th July 2014, 21:23

What a lovely colour, Bonita. I am green with envy!
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 6th July 2014, 09:40

Having George Thomson name and register a rose after you is indeed a great honour.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 6th July 2014, 20:25

The 2013 Toowoomba rose trials were a triumph for Australian bred roses with the Aussies winning four of the eight awards given. Never in the history of trial gardens in Australia have Aussies received 50% of the awards given or for that matter anywhere near it.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 9th July 2014, 10:05

Yesterday the AQ and I put the finishing touches to our new bed for Australian bred roses. Today we are planning to plant them. The roses to be planted are:- Love's Gift (Thomson), Dame Nellie Melba (Chapman), Sharon Louise(Parkes), Brisbane Blush(Long), Pink Angel(Parkes), Our Rosamond(Bell), Victoria Gold(Welsh), 100 Not Out(Walsh), Imp(Dawson), Lilac Festival(Read), That's Life(Maher) and China Sunrise(Newman).

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 9th July 2014, 12:14

Ausrose wrote:Yesterday the AQ and I put the finishing touches to our new bed for Australian bred roses. Today we are planning to plant them. The roses to be planted are:- Love's Gift (Thomson), Dame Nellie Melba (Chapman), Sharon Louise(Parkes), Brisbane Blush(Long), Pink Angel(Parkes), Our Rosamond(Bell), Victoria Gold(Welsh), 100 Not Out(Walsh), Imp(Dawson), Lilac Festival(Read), That's Life(Maher) and China Sunrise(Newman).

Picture proof is required or it did not happen...... Smile
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 9th July 2014, 18:38

John it was a case of eyes being too big for my belly as my mother used to say when I was a child if I left food on my plate if I had dished. We did get a number planted but not as many as we anticipated.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next