Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ?

+10
tambralyngar
AutumnDamask
dannyboy
The Lazy Rosarian
neptune
Jac2
betsyw
finbarr
Ozeboy
maree
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ?

Post by maree 16th September 2012, 09:22

Great Tam , do you just use these products all year , or do you use say Impact Impact as well , thanks
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ?

Post by AutumnDamask 16th September 2012, 14:04

roseman wrote:Bragger

Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ? - Page 2 294053457
Just the way it is.
Location.

Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ? - Page 2 3645950944

The pay-off is probably we're more likely to have BS and PM. Dunno
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar 16th September 2012, 16:10

I just use these ones all year. I also make my own green manure which I feed them twice a year.
tambralyngar
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 16th September 2012, 17:53

Thanks Tambralyngar , ( Tam for short ) , i don't have a worm farm , better start one i think , how often do you use Powerfeed , seasol , and worm wee Tam , thanks
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar 16th September 2012, 18:00

I try to do it once every month or 2, but really just whenever I get around to it really. When they are newly planted I try to do it every 2 weeks. I am probably doing things a bit differently, but I think it is working ok for me so far. Dunno
tambralyngar
tambralyngar

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar 16th September 2012, 18:03

Maree the worm farms are great, the worm wee is the water you drain off them after watering them every week or so. It is a great way to recycle vege and garden waste, and the roses love the wee and the castings!! Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ? - Page 2 1303145595
tambralyngar
tambralyngar

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 16th September 2012, 18:08

Sounds good Tam , Roseman likes liquid fertiliser , so i think it sounds good ,better get worm farm under way too ... THANKS ....... Very Happy
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh 16th September 2012, 23:25

tambralyngar wrote:Maree the worm farms are great, the worm wee is the water you drain off them after watering them every week or so. It is a great way to recycle vege and garden waste, and the roses love the wee and the castings!! Which liquid rose fertilisers do you like ? - Page 2 1303145595

We tambralyngar, I favour Fish Emulsion and Seasol, However last season I used Miracle Grow as well in combination. This season I'm just sticking to the first two for my liquids.
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 18th September 2012, 03:07

I bought a bottle of Powerfeed and gave the roses a feed .Let you guys know how I go.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 18th September 2012, 06:12

thats what i also used this year (Fish Emulsion )
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 18th September 2012, 07:48

How often should I use Seasol or Fish Emulsion? I actually have Seamungus in pellet form.
Happy roses
Happy roses

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th September 2012, 07:53

I am reminded that what we call "rose food" isn't actually food, any of it. Photosynthesis makes the food, everything else just enhances the rose's wherewithal to feed efficiently.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th September 2012, 12:31

Not to nit pick Betsy, Photosynthesis is the above ground part of the bigger picture. It can be considered the lungs, inhaling and uptake things from the atmosphere, which includes "stuff" that lands on the leaf
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th September 2012, 14:27

A nit! Let's pick it!

No, not really. You are absolutely correct, roseman, that photosynthesis appears to be the above ground part of the food-making picture.
I think I expressed myself awkwardly.

I should have said that, as I understand it, the multi-fold process of photosynthesis encompasses both above-ground and below-ground contributions: sunlight, carbon dioxide, and the chlorophyl in the leaves above ground, plus water and nutrients mostly collected below ground through their roots. All elements are necessary for the plant to make food in its leaves, where it converts energy into sugar, I think from memory. Photosynthesis is actually THE big picture.

In short, we rosy people contribute water, nutrients,and the advantages of a sunny position to our plant-kids. But they actually make their own food. I think we like the idea of "feeding" our plants - it's our nurturing instinct. There's a Jewish mother in all of us ;-))
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh 18th September 2012, 21:40

Happy roses wrote:How often should I use Seasol or Fish Emulsion? I actually have Seamungus in pellet form.

For me Happy roses, I use Seasol and fish emulsion every 10 days, I also mix up a slightly weaker solution and spray the foliage every few weeks.
paulh
paulh

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 19th September 2012, 07:37

Sounds good to me Paul, I have been doing about the same
Happy roses
Happy roses

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 11th October 2012, 04:03

Very happy with the results of Powerfeed so far.Alot of buds and new shoots appearing after I gave the roses a feed.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 11th October 2012, 22:45

I like to give my roses a dose of liquid blood and bone both on the bushes and under them.

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 14th October 2012, 20:53

Is that a ready to use liquid product, Bonita, or do you dissolve normal B&B?
Jac2
Jac2

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh 15th October 2012, 00:54

Bonita18 wrote:I like to give my roses a dose of liquid blood and bone both on the bushes and under them.

Bonita18 what ratio do you use with the B&B and how often do you apply it
paulh
paulh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2