Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Look who has just landed into my garden!

+2
muscovyduckling
Alya
6 posters

Go down

Look who has just landed into my garden! Empty Look who has just landed into my garden!

Post by Alya 22nd February 2015, 03:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]He is certainly going to bring his lady to have his chicks in our gardens!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bet to get the nets ready when the chicks arrive so that the wild beasts won't make a meal out of them.

Alya

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Look who has just landed into my garden! Empty Re: Look who has just landed into my garden!

Post by muscovyduckling 22nd February 2015, 09:19

Ooh how exciting! Photo updates please!
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Look who has just landed into my garden! Empty Re: Look who has just landed into my garden!

Post by AutumnDamask 22nd February 2015, 09:23

Pretty!
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 22nd February 2015, 13:44

Barbecue time......
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 22nd February 2015, 13:50

How lovely Alya.  Are you far from countryside?  Probably not, looking at that pheasant!  As Muscovy says, send more photos!!!! (Please!!)  Smile

SueH

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2013-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh 22nd February 2015, 22:59

how cool is that
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya 24th February 2015, 04:05

SueH we live in a village. We are surrounded with Farmlans and woodlands english bluebells and  lots of Oak trees with Tree Preservation order on them.

Even so the pheasants are timid animals they avoid human contact. They do not like where the humans walk live and so on.

Few year ago when a lady pheasant had her 13 chicks under the sea of hellebores at the back garden we avoided going into the garden while they were with us. You could see their heart pumping with anxiety or scared when they noticed us so we did not go out to the garden for about 5 weeks.

If and when the chicks arrive in our garden I will  certainly update with the pics.

I have never had pheasant meat as a barbecue actually. What does it taste like?

Alya

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 24th February 2015, 04:12

Alya wrote:I have never had pheasant meat as a barbecue actually. What does it taste like?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...... Innocent
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya 24th February 2015, 04:25

I like it Neptune!

Alya

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 24th February 2015, 13:00

Don't pay any attention to him Alya!  He's just naughty!  Pheasant would not be good on the barbie - too dry!  I think maybe John (Neptune), is thinking of some "other" bird!! LOL Look who has just landed into my garden! 3302723283  See - not pheasant!!

SueH

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2013-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya 25th February 2015, 23:09

I'll keep that in mind SueH.

Talking about the barbeque I take the easy way out and do beef and lamb bbq with diced and minced meat marinated with garlic ginger olive oil freash parsley and corinder and so on for 24 hours. Also do nice shish kebabs and sausages. No thick meat on the bbq to avoid the diseases that comes with uncooked meat brid flue etc. I find the chiken/turkey/ bird meat too dry and thick slices like the leg of the chicken does not get cooked throughly. You will need to wait hours and hours..kind of spoils the atmosphere for me!

Alya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down