Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

more images from Rose Garden at Adelaide Botanic Garden

3 posters

Go down

more images from Rose Garden at Adelaide Botanic Garden Empty more images from Rose Garden at Adelaide Botanic Garden

Post by hariet~rose 22nd October 2012, 16:38

Hello Rosebuds, i have to admit that i have been to this garden several times while i have been i Adelaide - here are some more photos from the 18th oct 2012[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

more images from Rose Garden at Adelaide Botanic Garden Empty Re: more images from Rose Garden at Adelaide Botanic Garden

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd October 2012, 16:55

Between this post and the first one about the garden I am lost, are the trial gardens part of the Botanical Gardens or separate.
Back to more serious things like roses, some lovely roses amongst them. One I purchased this year to "try" and breed from is "Mrs Oakley Fisher"
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

more images from Rose Garden at Adelaide Botanic Garden Empty Re: more images from Rose Garden at Adelaide Botanic Garden

Post by hariet~rose 22nd October 2012, 17:16

The trial garden is part of the Botanic Garden. The trial roses are mostly in one section, there must be hundreds of them, and then in the surrounding beds are the named cultivars. Interestingly a couple of the trial plants looked very familiar - a golden showers and a julias' rose - so perhaps a hint of the parentage. The species roses are next to the rugosas which are next to a mixed collection of pre 1920 roses..There are several beds of mass plantings including the City of Adelaide, Fiona's Wish, Kardinal and Seduction. Along the fence to Frome rd is a mass planting of Dortmand. i found a link to the garden [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd October 2012, 17:32

I bet you can't con a map of the beds, years gone by now I had a relatively upto date one of the Sydney Bot Gardens
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose 23rd October 2012, 10:08

I will see what i can do about getting hold of a planting map.
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 23rd October 2012, 18:57

Harriet Rose ,some nice pics there , trial shrub 50 nice ....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose 24th October 2012, 12:46

Thanks Maree. I liked that one too and I was very taken with Ralph's climber as well
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down