Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Nightime pics after some recent rain

5 posters

Go down

Nightime pics after some recent rain Empty Nightime pics after some recent rain

Post by maree 3rd January 2014, 18:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by maree on 3rd January 2014, 19:15; edited 1 time in total
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Nightime pics after some recent rain Empty Re: Nightime pics after some recent rain

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 3rd January 2014, 18:45

Great shots Maree
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Nightime pics after some recent rain Empty Re: Nightime pics after some recent rain

Post by maree 3rd January 2014, 18:46

Thanks Roseman , i've got four pics , but no matter what i do the same pic keeps coming up grrrhhhh !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 3rd January 2014, 19:01

Great to see some pics of your garden Maree. Your roses look so healthy and you can almost see them drinking in the moisture, after a hot summer's day. Your lawn looks immaculate too. Is it real grass? Lol. Ours here is browning off but it's not really lawn just mown weeds. Is that your no dig garden I can just make out against the fence? You've done very well enclosing it and integrating it into the overall garden layout. Everything is so neat, puts me to shame.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 3rd January 2014, 19:07

Hi Silky , yes the grass is real , my husband spends sooo much time on it , and yes they are the no dig vegie patches , got three more on the other side of garden , the back yard is still a work in progress though , i'm always adding and changing , i've seen your garden Silky from your pics and it is lovely !!!  .  I'm still trying to post more pics , don't know why it won't work ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 3rd January 2014, 19:18

Oh , my son came and saved me and reorganised the pics , thank heavens , one day i'll get the hang of it lol !!!
The roses are Firefighter , Valencia and Oaklahoma , i just love Valencia , new this year , thanks to Betsy for recommending it , its beautiful !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 3rd January 2014, 19:26

Keep trying Maree, I'm sure you'll get there. Is it a problem in selecting and downloading from photobucket?
I have serious lawn envy! I think your husband could get a job with any of the turf/lawn companies with a lawn like that! Amazing!
Yes I hear you about a work in progress. Same here. A tinker here, new bed there, a new look, a new rose....never ending but you never get bored.
I've got a spot for one or even two Valencias. Again on Betsy's recommendation.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 3rd January 2014, 19:48

The lawn is Santa Ana Silky , my husband likes it , in the front garden i've got to put some new grass in , another job to do , i'll keep practising on the pics , need to do it more often i think ...      Valencia is a beaut rose , lovely colour , nice strong stems , good perfume , wish i had room for more ..
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 4th January 2014, 07:24

Hey, since everyone's taking my recommendations, I recommend you all chip in and buy me a Bentley. You know you want to.

Okay, you don't want to. Still, I'm pleased that you're pleased with Valencia, maree. Yours seems very willing to show you what it can do - Behold, you have a living bouquet there! BTW, lovelovelove those nighttime pix. Looks like a fantastic archaeological dig (or a crime scene).

Tell me, with three power perfume varieties together, were they releasing any scent in the dark? Just curious if Firefighter in particular just keeps pumping out the perfume around the clock.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 4th January 2014, 08:17

Mmmnn , good question Betsy , i didn't detect any wafting , but i didn't really sniff em either , i'll check for you , that bed has Heaven Scent as well and i'm going to shift the statue and put in Neptune this year . Sorry Bentley out of the question , but how about a virtual Bentley , my son could rustle one of those up for you ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 4th January 2014, 15:00

Betsy you surprise me... a Bentley? Seems a bit sedate for such a bright, sophisticated and funny gal such as yourself. I would have thought maybe an Alpha or Porsche ...? Racy, edgy and very glam. Either way you're on your own kiddo with the Bentley, it's a car that needs its own chauffeur and my fund don't stretch that far. Lol
Maree what is your garden statue? I'm thinking of finding something for my garden but haven't made up my mind about the style and just the right place. Garden ornaments can be tricky to get right IMO. Bit like the girl with the curl - when it's right it's wonderful, when it's wrong it's just horrid.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose 4th January 2014, 15:53

i don't s'pose anyone has any recommendations for where to get garden bling such as arches and rose supports etc on-line? Nice pics maree, yr garden looks very cool and lush..
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 4th January 2014, 16:04

You could take all of Gary's, Caroline, as you like what he has got
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose 4th January 2014, 16:10

I think he might miss them somehow
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 4th January 2014, 17:05

The statue is a lady holding a baby , its right where a standard Neptune is going , mind you that statue has been shifted about four times , i'll get it right this time lol .   Hariet , no i don't , but then i've never looked , we live close to Bunnings etc ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 4th January 2014, 17:15

Where's the statue? I don;t see it ;-((
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 4th January 2014, 19:10

Lol ha ha Betsy , its there , the pics don't show the whole bed , i better take another day time pic ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down