Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

AVON- SIR WALTER RALEIGH THE PRIORESS- THANK YOU ROSE-HERO- PAT AUSTIN- EVELYN

+3
brettv68
Barbara B
jordan71
7 posters

Go down

AVON- SIR WALTER RALEIGH THE PRIORESS- THANK YOU ROSE-HERO- PAT AUSTIN- EVELYN Empty AVON- SIR WALTER RALEIGH THE PRIORESS- THANK YOU ROSE-HERO- PAT AUSTIN- EVELYN

Post by jordan71 4th February 2013, 12:05

SIR WALTER RALEIGH
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AVON

THANK YOU ROSE

HERO

PAT AUSTIN

EVELYN

THE PRIORESS

jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

AVON- SIR WALTER RALEIGH THE PRIORESS- THANK YOU ROSE-HERO- PAT AUSTIN- EVELYN Empty Re: AVON- SIR WALTER RALEIGH THE PRIORESS- THANK YOU ROSE-HERO- PAT AUSTIN- EVELYN

Post by Barbara B 4th February 2013, 14:50

Thank you jordan71; I always enjoy your photos.
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

AVON- SIR WALTER RALEIGH THE PRIORESS- THANK YOU ROSE-HERO- PAT AUSTIN- EVELYN Empty Re: AVON- SIR WALTER RALEIGH THE PRIORESS- THANK YOU ROSE-HERO- PAT AUSTIN- EVELYN

Post by brettv68 4th February 2013, 15:25

Nice roses Jordan. bounce
brettv68
brettv68

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 4th February 2013, 19:49

Barbara B wrote:Thank you jordan71; I always enjoy your photos.
Barbara B

you welcome barbara
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 4th February 2013, 19:49

brettv68 wrote:Nice roses Jordan. bounce

thanks brettv
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole 4th February 2013, 21:00

Great roses Dan Roses
Carole
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 4th February 2013, 23:01

Thanks Jordan for giving me another rose fix. Always love em. Wow Avon looks fabulous! I had it on the list, then off, on, off. What can you tell me. Should I put it back on? I have a bit of room for a couple more reds, need to be gorgeous, perfumed, healthy. Does this fit the bill? I would be grateful for your observations.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 5th February 2013, 05:50

silkyfizz wrote:Thanks Jordan for giving me another rose fix. Always love em. Wow Avon looks fabulous! I had it on the list, then off, on, off. What can you tell me. Should I put it back on? I have a bit of room for a couple more reds, need to be gorgeous, perfumed, healthy. Does this fit the bill? I would be grateful for your observations.

hi silky, i bought avon last year as a bareroot, it started very slow , initialy bit of black spot , nothing to pull ya hair over!! but now it is a very stong grower and very dark blooms and an outstanding perfume of tea and mixed fruit , i would recommend it silky.
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 5th February 2013, 10:07

Ooh, sounds good especially the perfume. Love the reds. I've noticed small dark splotches around the tip of petals. Is this part of the rose's makeup? Does it detract from the beauty of the bloom?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 5th February 2013, 18:09

silkyfizz wrote:Ooh, sounds good especially the perfume. Love the reds. I've noticed small dark splotches around the tip of petals. Is this part of the rose's makeup? Does it detract from the beauty of the bloom?

mainly the sun , tend to burn it when its extremley hot
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 5th February 2013, 22:01

Oh that's OK, even humans burn in heatwaves. Saw Camp David today at a nursery, what a beauty, blooming its heads off. At nearly $40 though it was ..."Just looking thanks." Still, it's confirmed its place on my list. You know the one that's constantly getting tweaked, changed, rearranged. Lol
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 6th February 2013, 06:52

hahaha , camp david is a great rose , great scent and nice dark blooms
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 7th February 2013, 20:42

Jordan , Thankyou Rose is one that has me interested along with Camp David , what can you tell me about Thankyou , fragrance , health etc , thanks Jordan
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose 7th February 2013, 20:49

silkyfizz wrote:Oh that's OK, even humans burn in heatwaves. Saw Camp David today at a nursery, what a beauty, blooming its heads off. At nearly $40 though it was ..."Just looking thanks." Still, it's confirmed its place on my list. You know the one that's constantly getting tweaked, changed, rearranged. Lol

$40???.. was it a standard? did it come with a bottle of wine? blimey Shocked
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 7th February 2013, 21:47

Harriet, no not a standard, just a bush in the usual sized pot. Well grown but out of my price range I'm afraid. Haven't been there before, had lunch in their cafe with a friend, affluent area (natch). No free wine either Lol.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 8th February 2013, 07:11

silkyfizz wrote:Harriet, no not a standard, just a bush in the usual sized pot. Well grown but out of my price range I'm afraid. Haven't been there before, had lunch in their cafe with a friend, affluent area (natch). No free wine either Lol.

where is that nursery silky, and i'm guessing it was potted up in a big pot ?
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 8th February 2013, 07:15

maree wrote:Jordan , Thankyou Rose is one that has me interested along with Camp David , what can you tell me about Thankyou , fragrance , health etc , thanks Jordan

okay maree, thankyou rose as you will see from the pics, it has nice dark purple blooms and excellent for cut flowers , and i think you will be disapointed in the lack of perfume , but as far as health goes its a strong one
i didnt get it for its perfume , just for the health and i'm a sucker for purple roses . hence Ebb tide amongst others Smile
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 8th February 2013, 10:08

Don't talk to me about Ebb Tide. I'm really disliking this rose, but have been assured it improves with age. I too am a sucker for purple roses, maybe this time I got suckered?
Jordan, can't name the nursery but in the eastern suburbs, private school belt. Not in a big pot either! Nice cafe though.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 8th February 2013, 12:41

Silky , i had a Ebb Tide too , chucked it , but they say it takes four years , good luck with that lol !! Ahhh Jordan , what a shame ,no perfume on Thankyou , never mind thanks , Silky hows Babs going ?
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 8th February 2013, 13:17

Maree, Babs is going well, blooms seem to be continuous small clusters, with just little breaks, rather that major flushes. Last few days of dry heat have seen flowers blow faster and some burning of petals but new buds opening up nicely. Lovely rich perfume, healthy, no sign of BS so I'm very happy with her.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 8th February 2013, 15:48

I think after that description , i'll just have to try her , i've got a full sun position or afternoon sun position , where abouts you got your Silky ? Thanks
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 8th February 2013, 16:20

Mine is shaded from late afternoon sun. Try to give her some protection if you can. Seems to like deep mulch and good water.
I think you will like her Maree. Let me know how you go.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down