Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP

+2
silkyfizz
jordan71
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP Empty WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP

Post by jordan71 13th November 2012, 06:51

WENLOCK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WARM WISHES

QUATRE SAISON

BLACKBERRY NIP

jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP Empty Re: WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP

Post by silkyfizz 13th November 2012, 11:28

I'm not really looking dan....LOL
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP Empty Re: WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP

Post by jordan71 13th November 2012, 13:18

silkyfizz wrote:I'm not really looking dan....LOL

yes you are silky LOL

ur so naughty roflmao
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 13th November 2012, 15:29

Nice pics Jordan I got Warm Wishes to lovely colour and flower and buds a few at a time really nice apricot.I love the flower of Backberry Nip lovely colour which I also have ,but alot of people rave about it's perfume and I dont think it's anything to rave about .

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 13th November 2012, 18:13

dannyboy wrote:Nice pics Jordan I got Warm Wishes to lovely colour and flower and buds a few at a time really nice apricot.I love the flower of Backberry Nip lovely colour which I also have ,but alot of people rave about it's perfume and I dont think it's anything to rave about .

hi danny, try sniffing blackberry nip at nite mate , it has a powerfull scent . when its sunny and during the day it looses some of its scent i can only sniff a soft fuity perfume . but try it at nite its a huge difference
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 13th November 2012, 19:30

I second that Jordan. It has a much stronger scent when it's cool.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 13th November 2012, 20:02

I like this rose, even though there's not yet a whole lot to like yet because BN, like its NZ compatriot Big Purple, has been a very very slow starter for me - two blooms so far, and only one more bud forming.(BP is still thinking about its teensy buds -everyone else is out of the gate, and my two BP just seem to be contemplating the starting line)

I think I'll reserve judgement on BN until we're done with summer and into the autumn. I suspect that this one likes a cooler climate for best performance. Certainly I'm not getting the promisd big scent either. Must go out and see if it wafts at night. The perfume has to travel if it's going to be a perfume sundowner. Who is going to go sticking their nose in a rose in the dark?
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 13th November 2012, 20:23

Mine does like the cooler weather Betsy. It has been dormant for a few weeks Sad One of my very favourites though
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 13th November 2012, 20:29

betsyw wrote:I like this rose, even though there's not yet a whole lot to like yet because BN, like its NZ compatriot Big Purple, has been a very very slow starter for me - two blooms so far, and only one more bud forming.(BP is still thinking about its teensy buds -everyone else is out of the gate, and my two BP just seem to be contemplating the starting line)

I think I'll reserve judgement on BN until we're done with summer and into the autumn. I suspect that this one likes a cooler climate for best performance. Certainly I'm not getting the promisd big scent either. Must go out and see if it wafts at night. The perfume has to travel if it's going to be a perfume sundowner. Who is going to go sticking their nose in a rose in the dark?

lol betsy i do

i often go at nite to sniff the roses . just to compare scent as appose to day times

Smile
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 13th November 2012, 21:06

At least you have a perfectly valid research reason, Dan .

When I bought my very first roses back in 1998, I used to go out with a torch in the dead of night - to check for new buds! Yes! That pitifully stupid! WENLOCK- WARM WISHES- QUATRE SAISON- BLACKBERRY NIP 562592572

I guess what I should have said was , no guest of mine would brave the creatures of the night to check out my roses, no matter how many martinis I fed them
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 13th November 2012, 21:08

lol betsy so true .. i just went to have a sniff at BN.. But there is a spider sitting inside of it .. I'LL PASS L.O.L.
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 13th November 2012, 23:09

Lol, Betsy , you do make me laugh , but i'm with you Jordan , way too many creepy and crawlies at night , especially the orb spiders that love the roses .....Blackberry nip here just opened its first bud today , i love the colour , but the perfume , so far , not strong , hoping it gets better , cause its in the ground , think it might need at least two years to develope , but the colour is great, so far ......
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 14th November 2012, 03:38

Thanks guys I will try smelling BN at night when a flower opens up, as people have been saying slow grower lol.Guys is Big Purple related to BN.I was thinking of getting this rose next season.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 14th November 2012, 05:00

big purple not as dark as bn in colour , the perfume is also strong .. a healthy rose danny. add it to you list next year mate
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 14th November 2012, 14:59

Dan, if you had to choose between Blackberry Nip and Big Purple for fragrance, which would you choose?
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 14th November 2012, 15:18

for fragrance betsy i would choose big purple
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 14th November 2012, 15:29

That's just excellent to know, thank you
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 14th November 2012, 16:41

betsyw wrote:That's just excellent to know, thank you

no worries betsy Smile
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th November 2012, 17:19

Excuse me for butting in Betsy but my DP is one of the best scented roses I have. BP is nice but in my opinion not as strong.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 14th November 2012, 19:23

lol rosy .. i find my big purple stronger , well we all have different climate haha
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th November 2012, 19:30

Oh WOW!! know mine had a beautiful smell but nothing compared to BN. Interesting Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 14th November 2012, 19:33

rosy , sniff big purple @ nite if u can .. its a huge difference
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th November 2012, 19:34

I pulled mine out because it only gave me 3 flowers in a year Sad
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 14th November 2012, 19:38

oh i see
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 14th November 2012, 19:55

Okay i have to admit it , while i was putting out the rubbish last night , i went and sniffed BN , not much fragrance there , i've sniffed it in the morning , when i come home from work , not much there i'm afraid , but it is the first rose its produced , i'm really , really hoping it gets better . Big Purple i had too , amazing fragrance , but hardly any flowers , it went !!!!
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next