Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Peach Profusion, Papa Meilland, Mr Lincoln And Stainless Steel

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peach Profusion, Papa Meilland, Mr Lincoln And Stainless Steel Empty Peach Profusion, Papa Meilland, Mr Lincoln And Stainless Steel

Post by RosyTeesh 31st October 2012, 18:40

Peach Profusion
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Papa Meilland

Papa Meilland

Mr Lincoln

Skylark

Stainless Steel

Stainless Steel

Stainless Steel

Stainless Steel

RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Peach Profusion, Papa Meilland, Mr Lincoln And Stainless Steel Empty Re: Peach Profusion, Papa Meilland, Mr Lincoln And Stainless Steel

Post by maree 31st October 2012, 19:00

Stainless Steel such a unusual colour Silkie , what is its fragrance and health like , i've never seen one of these , just seen it in photos , very unusual , but nice .....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Peach Profusion, Papa Meilland, Mr Lincoln And Stainless Steel Empty Re: Peach Profusion, Papa Meilland, Mr Lincoln And Stainless Steel

Post by RosyTeesh 31st October 2012, 19:53

Health so far is pretty good, fast grower and a gentle scent Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 31st October 2012, 19:54

Ps. A little bit of mildew at first, but it overcame that and healthy healthy healthy now!
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 31st October 2012, 21:29

okay , thanks rosy !!!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 31st October 2012, 21:32

Teesh, HMF don’t have any photos for Peach Profusion! In fact, they’ve pretty much got nothing; why not fill in some gaps? Your photo is excellent, showing all stages of the bloom. Looks nice, in a shortish kind of way. Do you know how tall the bush will grow?

And is your Skylark a Floribunda or the Austin?
Jac2
Jac2

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 31st October 2012, 23:09

Hi Jac Smile That's a really good idea, but honestly I don't really have time for HMF right now. All my photos go on our Facebook page (easy upload from phone) and only some go on here if I get time because I like to show you all. Life is a little hectic right now Sad

Skylark is so pretty. It's both a floribunda and an Austin going by Treloars website. I got two free with my last order Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 31st October 2012, 23:13

A free Austin … ? Tears are forming in my eyes.
How’s the fragrance?
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 31st October 2012, 23:31

I've never been a fan or Austins (or even pink roses) until this one. Gentle scent, but it's there Smile Very very delicate flowers though, the petals blow off if there's any wind.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 31st October 2012, 23:52

Sounds like you’re a little happier with SL than with your other Austin rose, I’m glad to hear it … Yes the petals look very delicate, which is not so good in our heat.
I have to say, your Sterling Silver captures my imagination, too. Is that a strong or a medium gentle scent?
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 31st October 2012, 23:59

The petals are ok in the sun, no burning Smile But after a day and a full gust of wind it's gone Sad It's been very windy though. Stainless Steel? Is amazing! Sometimes I think it's grey, sometimes lavender then turns almost white. It really intrigues me. The only thing I don't like is that it's a floribunda. I'd much prefer long stems for such a beautiful rose, even though I know you can cut the others off I never do
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 1st November 2012, 00:09

Yes, we’ve had a lot of wind again, hot wind; a lot of my roses turned to potpourri on the bush, even the HT with relatively thick petals. In the end I just cut them off early, so that the energy could go into leaf growth; hope that’s over now.
I think Floribundas are pretty good value, and I like what you have to say about SS, hmmmmm.
If you like long stems, I’m just discovering that Big Purple is a freak in that department …
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 1st November 2012, 09:29

The majority of our roses are sheltered from the wind by a 1.8m fence surrounding the pool. But sometimes it comes from above Sad. Generally only the lesser petal roses get affected which is good. I just ripped out big purple. It was a tall gangly thing and I gave it a long time and lots of care and it just didn't last. But I dare say it is because I moved it last year, even though I moved it in Winter it didn't like it at all Sad
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 1st November 2012, 09:43

What a pity; my BP is in the ground at the end of a long driveway between two buildings which creates a wind tunnel so that it gets a double blast, and the thick fragrant petals all stay on. I had to stake the first super long cane to prevent it from bending down, but the second, which developed under these conditions is just fine and 64 cm long today; I love it.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 1st November 2012, 09:49

Mine only ever had 2-3 flowers in a year I am not sure why Sad
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 1st November 2012, 10:08

I have that many together at the moment, the first that are not the sole bloom on the bush, and already had 3 or 4 so far. BP is only 5 months in the ground and definitely has starry eyes for the future. One of my biggest surprises this year are my HTs: I wasn’t really going to get any more, because in my last garden all the supposedly highly fragrant once I planted let me down in that regard; but this year, they really bowl me over. Even the pink once like Eiffel Tower and Tiffany will get prime real estate in my garden when I take them out of their pots.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 1st November 2012, 11:50

I love my HT's Smile I think honestly BP only went bad because I moved it to make room for another, which was mislabelled and I hated anyway. Lol. Maybe I will try again next year Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 1st November 2012, 12:57

I think it’s probably wasted on me, because I don’t really cut my roses for the vase, but surely BP must be THE rose for people who do. Should also correct myself: I just counted the stubs where I deadheaded and there were seven blooms on BP already, nine in total, together with the current duo. I love the HTs I have at the moment, too.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 1st November 2012, 13:57

I have to admit when BP did flower the smell was AMAZING!! What are some of your favourite HT's Jac? Or should we start another thread?
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st November 2012, 20:36

Rosy and Jac , i too had BP , which i too shifted , and it didn't do any good either ,i too pulled it out , all the roses i have shifted have never done any good , not shifting any anymore , rather buy a new rose ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 1st November 2012, 20:48

I'm with you Maree, I have never had one last that has been shifted Sad
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 1st November 2012, 23:24

I agree entirely; it’s very carful planning for any rose that goes onto my orders and comes into my garden that way, and pots for all impulse purchases until I find the right spot for them in the first place, so that nothing needs to be shifted.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 1st November 2012, 23:56

This was when I first started out Jac. I bought only 2 roses and it turned into 50, purely by accident I swear - lol. I had to move it to make room for another haha.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 2nd November 2012, 00:09

I believe you, accidents happen to me, too. How does your husband feel about owning so many roses, is he as proud of them as you are?
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 2nd November 2012, 00:26

He nods and smiles when I show him my roses but I don't think he's really that interested in gardening. But I don't mind, because then I can plant what I like haha
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next