Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions?

5 posters

Go down

Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions? Empty Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions?

Post by hariet~rose 10th September 2012, 21:09

Hello Rosebuds, a few roses have sprouted their leaves here.. so we are on our way at last. A really poxy frost killed my Altissimo last week.. i think i watered it too late in the day and the water must have settled around the base and then snap froze the base and lower stem portions... Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions? 3444371298

It looks like i will be doing a road trip to Adelaide next week and on the way back, at the end of September, it looks as if I might get to visit Ruston roses in Renmark. Has anyone been there? I am very excited. Any suggestions for how long to allocate to the visit in Renmark - or other rose places to visit along the way from say, Bathurst to Adelaide. I will go to the rose garden in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens - which is fabulous.. if anyone wants any photos of roses on their wish list I'd be happy to seek them out in Renmark.. Hariet~Rose sunny
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions? Empty Re: Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions?

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 10th September 2012, 21:39

The list could get long hariet, hope the car is large and you have plenty of time scratch study Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions? 2254931222
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions? Empty Re: Roses @ Renmark ~ any comments / suggestions?

Post by hariet~rose 10th September 2012, 21:50

well i hadn't considered the notion of actually buying some roses there as well!! now that is an idea.. potted roses.. our girls are traveling with us and they have had to endure a rose or two between them in the past but i might be pushing it with the 1400 km trip from Renmark to Armidale, with say Albertine between them.. In fact the mere mention of this stop over will bring demonstrations, hissy-fits, and very black looks.. he he he, won't be mentioning it until just outside of Renmark Twisted Evil
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 10th September 2012, 22:32

Probably be too early to see too many roses out. We wwent down for the Renmark Rose Festival (http://www.renmarkroses.com/) a couple years ago and it was a little early that year. Depends on how cold its been down there.

We spent the day on Renmark and if all of the roses at Rustons had been flowering we probably would have stayed longer. Lovely irisis there though and there were a few open gardens to see as well.

You can't actually buy roses at Rustons. They supply bud stock for growers but don't sell plants. Lots of other places do though.

Also if you are driving and you go through hay on the third sunday in October the Bishop's Lodge Spring Market will be on. The sell roses at the market. We missed this but had intended to go through on our road trip but decided to fly to Adelaide instead.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose 11th September 2012, 06:53

thank you - good tips..
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 11th September 2012, 16:16

Harriet - Rose , my wish list is , Deane Ross , Onkaparinga , Dame Joan Sutherland , Governor MacQuarie , that i can think of , if you see them it would be terrific , Thanks lots
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 13th September 2012, 06:25

The rose trial gardens in Adeliade might be worth a look
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose 27th September 2012, 20:14

Dear Rosebuds, well we had to abandon the plans to drive to Adelaide, via Renmark, and I flew down to Adelaide. I did pop into the trial gardens in the botanic gardens. I am going to fly back to Adelaide next week and when i get a break go back to the trial gardens. I will see if those roses are there maree.. and will be happy to take the photos.. still no roses blooming at my house Crying or Very sad
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 27th September 2012, 20:42

Thanks Harriet-Rose !!!!!
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole 27th September 2012, 21:16

Same here Hariet, but we have them to look forward to eventually Fingers Crossed
Carole
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down