Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Hello Fellow Rose Lovers

5 posters

Go down

Hello Fellow Rose Lovers Empty Hello Fellow Rose Lovers

Post by blueochre 4th April 2012, 21:40

Hello,

I stumbled across this site while looking for a David Austin rose Heavenly Rosalind.

I have been a rose nut since childhood, when I first collected my uncles HT cuttings as 16 years of age and struck them in a bed I had prepared.

I would not like to count the many different roses I have purchased, moved, lost and purchased again. Some have stuck with me through trials and tribulation (read periods of distraction or neglect) and never fail to be show stoppers each year.

The last few years have been dedicated to trees. You would be surprised at how many Washington Hawthorns one can fit on a suburban block (I won't embarrass myself with the actual number).

I have done the Piet Oudolf thing, which saw a purge of roses to make way for sweeping borders of perennials and grasses, which looked great for a while but required far more maintenance time and water than I had...still those few old roses from the start continued to shine.

So this year it is back to my first love....the rose. The twenty year gardening journey at my home has not been in vain as many lessons as to what works and what does not have been learned. There are so many beautiful roses that with limitless space and perfect weather I would want them all, however in Middle Swan WA I now know that Tea Roses, Noisettes and David Austins thrive with the long hot summers, where black spot and fungal diseases are virtually nonexistent.

I could not imagine life without my garden and I can’t wait for Friday when I begin the renovation of my front garden (again)

David

blueochre

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-04-04

Back to top Go down

Hello Fellow Rose Lovers Empty Re: Hello Fellow Rose Lovers

Post by neptune 4th April 2012, 21:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...and welcome toRose Talk Aust......may you enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by blueochre 4th April 2012, 22:12

thanks for the welcome neptune....a fellow west ozer

blueochre

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 5th April 2012, 05:58

David, thanks for telling us bit about your love/journey with the queen of flowers. I guess this might be asking for a lot, any chance of a shot of your roses. I wonder David how many roses you have ?.
Isn't it funny if one starts early with roses they seem to stay in the blood, sometimes dormant for years and then resurface down the track, so to speak.
Just off topic for a minute, we were being over run by canetoads(no offence meant), now it appears that the sandgropper(no offence meant) is starting an overthrow. You know I am not biased, but NSW is best. cheers

Last edited by roseman on 5th April 2012, 06:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of more words)
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by OzRose 5th April 2012, 09:11

Sandgropers rock !! Mexican Wave
Welcome to Rose Talk. Dance
OzRose
OzRose

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole 5th April 2012, 09:38

Welcome to our forum David, I hope you have fun here.
We are a friendly bunch.
Cheers
Carole
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down