Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Building a potting shed or greenhouse from old doors

+2
maree
muscovyduckling
6 posters

Go down

Building a potting shed or greenhouse from old doors Empty Building a potting shed or greenhouse from old doors

Post by muscovyduckling 7th November 2013, 12:14

Hi folks,

This is something I plan to do down the back of my garden sometime in the next couple of years. I will probably modify the design a little by adding more doors to make it wider and deeper, and I will use more glass panelled doors to let more light in. I will use it as a potting shed, for storing my garden tools, and to grow my little vege seedlings in so the possums don't get them. Just thought I'd share this little link incase anyone else is interested.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Building a potting shed or greenhouse from old doors Empty Re: Building a potting shed or greenhouse from old doors

Post by maree 8th November 2013, 18:18

Thanks for that Muscovy , what a great idea , i better save that link ....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Building a potting shed or greenhouse from old doors Empty Re: Building a potting shed or greenhouse from old doors

Post by Debbie G 9th November 2013, 06:01

How clever is that! What a great idea - and if my daughter had one I reckon she would paint it blue like the Tardis!

Debbie G

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 9th November 2013, 06:45

So how big will yours be Zoe ?, you will need more than 4 doors to store all your tools potting bench and other material. Your potting bench could be under the verandah, so yo could view your garden as you work.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 9th November 2013, 07:38

Zoe, I watched that video only because you posted it ;-))) I tell ya, we are the least handiest, least craftiest, least DIY household in Oz. Might as well ask us to service a Boeing 747.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by muscovyduckling 9th November 2013, 11:22

Haha Betsy, me too, but I will give it a shot anyway. Roseman, I currently grow my veges and seedlings in some garden beds that we have built in to the sunroom out the front, but there's not enough room to grow the bigger veg there, and no room for a potting bench. I plan to fence off the back part of the yard as that's the spot that gets the most sun, and make a kitchen garden there, about 30x10 metres, but it's so far from the house I'll need a little shed down there. So I was thinking 4 doors across, and 2 doors deep. But off course you can get doors in lots of different sizes, so I will perhaps utilise some wider sliding doors for the sides (maybe 1200mm wide) depending on what I find on Gumtree!
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 9th November 2013, 13:53

Here are the actual instructions for the "Door shed" as was on Better Homes & Gardens (that video just ripped off all their pics...)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Smile
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down