Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Paddy stephens rose

3 posters

Go down

Paddy stephens rose Empty Paddy stephens rose

Post by silkyfizz 5th July 2013, 11:30

I was just reading a gardening blog (NZ) and was interested to learn that ‘Paddy Stephens’ (McGredy) has topped the Hybrid Tea list for the tenth year in a row, also ranking number one on the Healthy Roses list. It looks lovely, a coral orange but mild fragrance only (damn). Does anyone know anything about this rose? Australia not listed in "Buy From" on HMF. Does this mean it's not avail here? How can this be?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Paddy stephens rose Empty Re: Paddy stephens rose

Post by paulh 6th July 2013, 22:31

silkyfizz wrote:I was just reading a gardening blog (NZ) and was interested to learn that ‘Paddy Stephens’ (McGredy) has topped the Hybrid Tea list for the tenth year in a row, also ranking number one on the Healthy Roses list. It looks lovely, a coral orange but mild fragrance only (damn). Does anyone know anything about this rose?  Australia not listed in "Buy From" on HMF. Does this mean it's not avail here? How can this be?

Just had a look at Paddy Stephens Silyfizz and I must say it looks a lot like an Arianna rose that I've got.
Paddy Stephens [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arianna [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Paddy stephens rose Empty Paddy Stephens.........

Post by iddilemma 27th November 2016, 02:20

Hi Silkyfizz and Paulh
Paddy Stephens (Macclack) Was introduced in 1991 and is one of the most Highly awarded roses at all Shows in NZ. It is one of the very few there, that would almost score a perfect 100/100 at times. The colour is an intense 'salmon' - no cream or white tones to be seen.
It grows anywhere from 4' to a healthy 6-8' tall, and has strong upright stems - with almost no disease.
It has not been imported into Australia - to my knowledge. It would be absolutely wonderful if someone was prepared to undergo the rigorous processes for it to be quarantined ....and undergo all the AQIS requirements to get here. (There are several other roses which I would love to be able to get from NZ too - City of London and Roydon are two more...not to mention some miniatures)
....It is definitely worth going to NZ at Rose Show time....to see it!

iddilemma

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-11-27

Back to top Go down

Paddy stephens rose Empty Re: Paddy stephens rose

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down