Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Glenorie Roses

+5
maree
Carole
rugelda
Ozeboy
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Glenorie Roses Empty Glenorie Roses

Post by Admin 2nd June 2010, 22:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Glenorie Roses Empty Re: Glenorie Roses

Post by Ozeboy 2nd June 2010, 23:16

Glenorie Roses. Email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Phone Mob 0428 224 243 ( 02 ) 96522062

Heritage roses, Tea, Noisette and China Roses.

Old Australian Bred Roses. our specialty. Must keep the dream alive.

Favourite healthy HT's from the 1900's

To see individual plants visit Help Me Find Glenorie Roses

Many more to be listed.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by rugelda 9th March 2012, 14:51

Is anyone able to give me a list of the roses grown by Glenorie Roses? I'm updating the Aust Rose Directory.

rugelda

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole 9th March 2012, 17:12

Rugelda,
Read the previous post.
You will get all the info there
Carole
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 4th November 2012, 19:03

Just click on Plants available or plants for sale.
I do not have any PBR roses for sale, like to streamline things for a trouble free life
Bareroot in winter $12
Pots at the nursery $15
Custom bud grafting $ 7.50 per plant delivered in winter. These are usually about 6 months old when delivered bareroot in winter. I do other nurseries budding at a discounted rate so if you have volume then discount will apply.
Known PBR roses will not be grafted under any circumstances. However I do know some budwood called by numbers or alphabetical letters for customers identification could be anything. I will not graft known PBR Roses.
My budding has been fully taken up until March/April this year.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 4th November 2012, 20:24

Thanks Admin , thanks Ozeboy .....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara B 5th November 2012, 07:47

Hi Ozeboy,
is the custom bud grafting cost of $7.50 added to the basic cost of $12 for a bare root rose?
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 5th November 2012, 08:15

Barbara B, the complete cost is $7.50 and postage applies if required.
You have to post the budwood or in some cases I can supply that to save postage.

The rose buds are grafted on Multiflora from 5 year old mother plants due for replacement shortly. All precautions are taken to address virus transfer by disinfecting tools.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 5th November 2012, 08:57

I can vounch for these roses, the ones I got from Bruce are growing beautifully. And they got a real rough trip being carted from N.S.W. to Tasmania, in Winter.
Bruce,I checked after you mentioned about it in a post that I am sorry I never got around to replying to. I already have all the Williams climbers from you, I was very pleased to see that. One I noticed the other day has a bud on it !

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 5th November 2012, 09:02

Wow Bruce
What a piece of great information you have given us today! I have copied the details and will inform my rose friends and the public when they are asking us for information like that at our Heritage Rose displays.

Also it is wonderful to hear the the Australian Rose Directory is being updated. I received the 1999 edition in Melbourne at the Rose Show at the Exhibition Building (absolutely unforgettable occasion) and have used it almost as much as I use my personal Bible. Rugelda - Please let me know when and where it will be available.

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 5th November 2012, 10:18

Bonita, I belong to the Heritage Rose Soc and the Rose Society of NSW so have a lot of Heritage roses, unfortunatly no 'Rugelda'. I will try for budwood on your behalf and let you know the result. Trouble with bought in budwood is not being able to check the clone visually for virus. It only shows up in the new budded plants when mature enough. Pleased you like the young rose budding service. I was grafting for a Queensland nursery (Same price) but havent had an order for a couple of years.

Thank's Karen for the plug, it's a disadvantage my not having a camera. I'm pleased you have so many of my plants doing well.
The Wellington Rd (Study name) is in bloom, thanks for sending as the fragrance is great. It's not a big bloom which I like and very healthy now.The Pink and red climbers you saw were dug out and taken to Muswellbrook for a forth coming open garden. These both came from Billy Tea Bag for someone who didn't claim them, what wonderful Tea's they were. I hope they do well for you.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 5th November 2012, 11:37

Bruce, when I go to the ‘nurseries’ tab on HMF to peruse your stock under ‘plant availablility, I’m getting a message that I need a wish list first …
Would you post a direct link to the area you’re talking about?
Jac2
Jac2

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 5th November 2012, 13:17

Jac2 I can't work that out, try again.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 5th November 2012, 13:55

Sorry Ozeboy - I meant the updated Rose Directory - not the rose!
Thanks for your lengthy reply. I am coordinator for Darling Downs Region of Heritage Roses and a member of Darling Downs Rose Society. I have loved to have gone to the Conference but it was not possible. What is your opinion about Penelope Tea 1906? I grow several ones that are called PeneloTea from areas all within striking distance of Brisgbane. I beg to differ about its health as noted in the Tea Rose Book. It rarely gets mildew here and other people say the same. Hugo Roller is hardly ever seen up here. You would expect that Penelope Tea 1906 would be alive and well in south east Queensland where it was bred and passed around by cutting.

Bonita18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 5th November 2012, 16:28

Bonita, I have not had any problems health wise here with Penelopy Tea or Hugo Roller. HR seems to be a more prolific bloomer.
I do some budding for the National Collection with requests to send up to Queensland so you might see some of my work up there. It's a free service to them I find very rewarding. Recently I did a presentation and workshop regarding rose propagation with the NSW Rose Society so both you and I are working in the same area's .Everyone appeared to be having a good time except myself suffering from the Flu. I just went out checked in the area of the two roses you mentioned and could not see any badly infected with mildew.The Tea ladies do mention mildew in the southern states Penelope Tea Clg doesn't seem to climb here. Our pony helps with the pruning so could be a case of being over pruned.
My project now is to have good stocks of all the Riethmuller roses known. I have them all except one which will hopefully arrive next month. These are great roses for your area, they are so healthy.
I have seen weary travellers coming back from the Conference mentioning how meat was still running 5 minutes before it went on the dinner plate.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 5th November 2012, 17:57

Dawn Eldridge is a member of our region and she is the great niece of Riethmuller. She struck Snow Spray for me last year but I lost it. I don't lose roses very often but I think the arrival of the caravan put it in the shade and that might have caused it to die. I will try to get another one from her.
On the
Alister Clark roses - do you have Gwendoline Collins? She was a friend of Clarks and lived at Nindooindabah homsestead near Beaudesert. Lyn Shailer in our group a descendant from Shailer's white moss family would love that one if she could get it. She is of real pioneering stock in that area. I saw that you did a propagation presentation at NSWRS
Congratulations!

Bonita18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 5th November 2012, 22:12

Bonita, Snow Spray is the one I am expecting this month but fortunatly have them all. I have Honeyflow#1, Honeyflow #2 and Palehoneyflow and two different Esmeralda's. all courtesy of a very generous family in the Blue Mountains. These are destined for the National collection as well.

Sorry I don't have GC but possibly 6 or so others.I'll put GC and SWM on the list. Please ask me about Snow Spray in 6 months time. I love propagating all these old timers on the brink of loss and have sent quite a few down to the National collection.
'Laurent Carle 'bush was one and since have found a climbing version.
Others, 'Kates Rose', 'Babe' and the correct? 'Champneys Pink Cluster', others I just can't recall them all.

One of the last Riethmullers I propagated was 'Lady Woodward" which came to me as a 1 1/2" stick with 2 buds on it. They look very healthy and show no signs of virus so should make good clones.

We have a good network happening in the Heritage Rose Groups. They are a wonderful group of ladies and few gentlemen. When one calls near Christmas I give them a present rose, other times I tell them it's their birthday and give them a rose. No wonder I can't make a profit in the rose nursery business. I just love these oldies watching their eyes light up when I make the offer of a gift. I get more pleasure from this than money to pay for them. Nice swapping a few ideas with you Bonita18.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 6th November 2012, 11:06

Laurent Carle! I know a man who lives on a property outside Toowoomba in what was his family home. Laurent Carle grows there. I saw her and considered it was a privilege to do so. It was an old bush. One day I will ask him for a cutting.

Bonita18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 6th November 2012, 11:43

Bonita18, it would be a great find to have it growing with you. That's the
magic of old roses, saving them before they die and bringing them back to life. If all else fails I still have one here and the one I sent to the National Collection. Best of luck propagating it.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down