Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

New Forum - The Show Table

2 posters

Go down

New Forum - The Show Table Empty New Forum - The Show Table

Post by Admin 8th October 2009, 00:56

Rose keeping brings many joys to people in many different ways. Some of us, like me, enjoy them in the garden and appreciate really good garden forms. Others are captivated by the flower alone. This is what makes roses so great. You can choose any number of the different facets of their culture and still receive great joy out of it. Showing roses is one such avenue through which rose addicts can express themselves and is undertaken by many rose enthusiasts. I thought it might be useful for people who are interested in showing roses to have a section on here where they can discuss the culture of roses specifically for exhibition... as it varies quite a lot from growing nice garden specimens and involves careful culture and timing. I can't say I'm a big fan of rose showing, for many reasons, but can understand why some people find it so rewarding. So... check out the new forum called 'The Show Table' if this is your cup of tea. Discussion should be focused on show culture, competitions, results of shows, show images and other related topics. It is not a place to be critical of rose showing or its practices. I look forward to learning more about the rose showing scene, seeing many spirited discussions and lots of lovely photographs... who knows.... we might even be able to have an online forum show as well...

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

New Forum - The Show Table Empty Re: New Forum - The Show Table

Post by orchid40 8th October 2009, 16:07

I enjoy going to rose shows, it's great to see all the blooms you've only seen in photographs! Of course there are always roses to buy as well, which is a big attraction! I haven't been inspired to enter shows yet, although Cheryl and others have tried very hard to persuade me. I've never been competitive unfortunately. You'll get plenty of photos Simon!

orchid40

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-02-10

http://orchid40-valsobsession-orchid40.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down