Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Forum software 'glitch'

2 posters

Go down

Forum software 'glitch' Empty Forum software 'glitch'

Post by Admin 25th June 2009, 18:08

This announcement is for those people who use Internet Explorer, who have their windows updates set on automatic, and who have also downoaded and installed the recent upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 (IE8). This problem does not affect those users using browers such as Firefox or Safari.

The Problem: When posting a new topic if you type more than can fit within the field provided the cursor, and any new typing, seems to disappear off the bottom edge. Any attempt to use the scroll bar on the side to go to the end of the topic will not work and the scrollbar will jump back, almost to the top of the text field. The programmers tell me this is a software incompatibility between the forum software and the new IE8 browser software and that they will try to address these, and other problems in the near future.

The Solution: If you have upgraded your browser to IE8 you will see an icon next to your address bar that activates a new feature called 'Compatility View'. This allows webpages to be viewed as they would have been using IE7. This was put in to allow website programmers to catch up with the new requirements and still retain functionality of their websites. Once changes are made the changes should be implemented seamlessly and this function can be disabbled again with no loss of functionality. I'm not sure if they will alert me of these changes or not but if they do I will pass this information on. For more information on this issue have a read here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (click on the 2nd option: "Compatibility View").

Last edited by Simon on 31st July 2011, 15:27; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Forum software 'glitch' Empty Re: Forum software 'glitch'

Post by neptune 31st July 2011, 11:39

Just received this in my email, but the link takes me to my inbox but have NO messageand the site shows I have no messages....could this be another "glitch"..

Hello , You have received a new private message on "Rose Talk" and you have requested to be notified of this event. You can read your new message by clicking on the following link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 31st July 2011, 14:15

No... someone sent you a message and then deleted it before you could read it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 31st July 2011, 14:36

Now you have my curiosity up......if you send a pm, when you hit the send button,...how can someone delete a msg that is in my in box?

Even if a msg is written, then deleted, but the msg is sent to my addy with nothing in it....it will still show up in my inbox as an empty msg
neptune
neptune

Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 31st July 2011, 15:17

The messaging system is made up of three parts. The Inbox the outbox and the sent box. The inbox is where they appear when you log in and receive the message that was sent. The sent box is where a copy of your messages get stored when you send a message. The outbox is like mail box waiting to be cleared. If I send a message it gets placed in the outbox and it stays there until the recipient logs in to read it. When they do your outbox is cleared and the message will appear in the other person's inbox. So what has happened is someone has sent you a message, possibly by mistake, and then gone into their outbox and deleted it from there before you received it. The automatic message still gets sent that you have mail but the message will no longer be there. Once it is in your inbox not even I can get into it to delete it.

The glitch, as described in the first message in this thread, was due to an incompatibility between the then new IE8 and the existing forum software. It is no longer a glitch as the programmers have addressed the issue.

Last edited by Simon on 31st July 2011, 15:23; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 31st July 2011, 15:23

Thank you
neptune
neptune