Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)???

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone have any major objections to having access to the the majority of the forum limited, and visible, to registered members only.

POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_lcap20%POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_rcap2 0% 
[ 0 ]
POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_lcap225%POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_rcap2 25% 
[ 2 ]
POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_lcap213%POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_rcap2 13% 
[ 1 ]
POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_lcap238%POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_rcap2 38% 
[ 3 ]
POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_lcap224%POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Vote_rcap2 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Empty POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)???

Post by Admin 15th March 2009, 21:38

I'm trying to make some sense out of what the real useage of the forum is because we have over 80 members here but only a handful of regular posters yet we seem to have a very large number of Australian and international browsers. I would like to know how many of the lurkers are actually registered members so I was thinking I might make the majority of the forum only visible to registered and logged in forum members. I often stay logged in so that every time I open the forum I'm already logged in and think others could do the same thing and then after I do this I will send out a group email or newsletter to try and sort out the ones who want to stay members from those who don't (because as some of you might know this forum evolved from a general gardening forum about 1 year ago to a specialty rose forum and the membership was given the option of either staying registered or not and the ones who decided they didn't want to be a part of a roses only forum replied and were deleted... the ones left either decided to stay or didn't bother replying... I'm going to do some advertising soon and I'd like to get a better picture of the real membership before I do this). So... before I make any sweeping changes check out the poll below and even make a suggestion. Poll will run for 20 days.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Empty Re: POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)???

Post by Admin 30th March 2009, 22:30

Five days left on this.

Admin

Back to top Go down

POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)??? Empty Re: POLL: making the forum visible only to logged in members (or at least partly)???

Post by wedge 4th October 2009, 09:53

Hi Simon. I'm the new kid on the block here so i guess i shouldn't make any comments but the way i see it, new members should be encouraged to join and if the site is restricted in parts it may make it unattractive for new people to join ?? Just my thoughts !! I joined the site because i had a few problems and needed information. To that end i couldn't have joined a better site as i've found a wealth of information and the people are SO friendly !!
wedge
wedge

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara B 4th October 2009, 14:03

Hi,
I don't think you should restrict it. My computer sometimes plays up and I end up losing access to forums or lists because I don't stay logged in. Leave it as it is.
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 4th October 2009, 21:42

Please note: This is an old post and an old issue. The idea of having restricted viewing was very much a method of collecitng understandable data. It was tried for a time. I acquire the data I needed and the forum was again reopened. It was NOT intended to make it exclusive. This is very important to understand. It was meerly a data collection exercise for the reasons outlined in the very first post. I'll lock this post off as it is no longer an issue.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down