Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Brindabella Roses- You've done it again!!

+3
AutumnDamask
Carole
lildeb
7 posters

Go down

Brindabella Roses- You've done it again!! Empty Brindabella Roses- You've done it again!!

Post by lildeb 10th April 2013, 14:24

Well I have just had to re-do my whole wish-list, and all because of Brindabella Roses!
Being on their mailing list, I recently received an email announcing their new releases.....
I have only just managed to get my paws on Eyes For You, finally, a year after I first fell in love with her photograph; and now she has a sister!
Well I can hardly keep sisters apart, now can I???
Innocent
lildeb
lildeb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-06-07

http://tylersgarden.com

Back to top Go down

Brindabella Roses- You've done it again!! Empty Re: Brindabella Roses- You've done it again!!

Post by Carole 10th April 2013, 14:45

Well done our young friend. To be honest they arn't my sort of roses. I like big blousey ones LOL. the more petals the better for me. I would however love to see pictures of them when they are in flower.
I know I am going off topic now but I know admin will not be game to ban me.
So here I go Deb. Mike and Jan are moving up near you, just outside of Hervery Bay. Have you any idea what roses will grow for them. I know they should walk the area and see what grows but you might be able to give some advice. Before I get into any more trouble, how did your cabin go ? we would love to see pics.
I do hope life is being kind to you now my friend.
Carole
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Brindabella Roses- You've done it again!! Empty Re: Brindabella Roses- You've done it again!!

Post by lildeb 10th April 2013, 15:35

Thank you for your kind words Carole!
Just replied to Mike and Jan's post, hope it helps Wink
The less said the better regarding the cabin; no still haven't got it here and its all a bit of a royal mess since Ed had a turn and wrote the car off nearly a year ago... hoping to finally have some wheels soon at least, then double-hopefully, we might be able to come to some sort of agreement with the bloke regarding the cabin Fingers Crossed
I adore the big fluffy roses, and love the beautiful simple delicacy of roses such as Dainty Bess, and the Eyes roses just as much!! Just as long as they are all 'sniffable'!!!!
lildeb
lildeb

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 10th April 2013, 20:12

I quite like EFY - mine is still in a pot, half buried behind some others. The others have a bit of BS and she's clean...
You will find the blooms blow out very quickly in the heat though.
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lildeb 10th April 2013, 20:22

That's okay Autumn, I get a bit that way myself in too much heat!!!!! Sweating Sweating Sweating
lildeb
lildeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 11th April 2013, 02:28

Don't know much about the new releases but Brindabella Bouquet is a great rose. I prefer to call it CHEWfragbabe as named by the breeder rather than some marketing blab. It was advertised as completely free from Blackspot but isn't. They can't be forgiven for that, I like honesty. Despite being slightly effected by Blackspot this does not cause leaves to fall or stop growth. I'm using it as a pollen parent and it's seedlings just don't get mildew like most of the others. It has Baby Love in it's pedigree which can be found in most healthy roses

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 13th April 2013, 18:05

I was all for fuller roses until I bought EFY and now I have two hehe. Never any black spot or aphids. Wish all my roses were as perfect as this one.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 13th April 2013, 19:50

I was the same Rosy, didn't think I'd ever be swayed by fewer petals until EFY. A beautiful and unusual rose.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 13th April 2013, 21:47

I should also mention Paris 2000. That is amazing too Silky :-)
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 14th April 2013, 15:25

Thanks Rosy. Just checked it out. Looks lovely, pity about lack of scent.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th April 2013, 16:04

Mine has a scent :-) It's not too strong but it's there.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 14th April 2013, 21:19

Ozeboy , i agree with you , we need much more honesty when rose companies are describing roses , too much airy fairy stuff , i'm afraid ...
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down