Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Applause blue rose , any date for Australian release ?

+3
RosyTeesh
paulh
maree
7 posters

Go down

Applause blue rose , any date for Australian release ? Empty Applause blue rose , any date for Australian release ?

Post by maree 17th January 2013, 23:58

Anyone know of any dates for the Applause blue rose release in Australia , thanks ?
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Applause blue rose , any date for Australian release ? Empty Re: Applause blue rose , any date for Australian release ?

Post by paulh 18th January 2013, 15:43

maree wrote:Anyone know of any dates for the Applause blue rose release in Australia , thanks ?

This is an email I got from dawsons Maree

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. At present Applause is only available to the florist trade( in the USA, not sure it’s in Australia yet). I imagine the Japanese company who developed will protect it for many years. It would only become available to gardeners if one of the major rose importers eg Swanes or someone got it and made bud wood available. So in the short term no, up I think in the next 10-15 years we may see some blue roses become available in the garden centre market.

Regards

Dawsons
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Applause blue rose , any date for Australian release ? Empty Re: Applause blue rose , any date for Australian release ?

Post by maree 18th January 2013, 16:17

Thanks Paul , well that answers that question doesn't it , will have to be happy with Neptune or Blue Moon for the next 10-15 years lol ,dammnn , Okay then , whats your favourite fragrant ,blue rose everyone , remember got to be fragrant !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh 19th January 2013, 01:24

maree wrote:Thanks Paul , well that answers that question doesn't it , will have to be happy with Neptune or Blue Moon for the next 10-15 years lol ,dammnn , Okay then , whats your favourite fragrant ,blue rose everyone , remember got to be fragrant !!!

Well I've only got two so called blue roses, Blue For You and Blue Moon, Blue Moon is the most fragrant. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 19th January 2013, 13:06

Blue Bijou is nice and also Lavender Mist.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 19th January 2013, 17:09

As no rose is blue, it's really impossible to discuss without specifying lavender, or lilac, or pale mauve. Or do you mean those with the pretend and delusional "blue" in their exhibition/catalogue names ? I hate humouring marketing people
Rant
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 19th January 2013, 18:08

Yes I hate the blue names too. There are no true blue roses here Sad
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 19th January 2013, 19:01

Don't they make it confusing and probably false advertising , i'd really like to see this Applause rose though , its supposed to be the real deal , would it be odd for a rose to be blue though , don't know . I guess i'm referring to the lavender , lilac shades .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 19th January 2013, 19:17

I do have a green rose though Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 19th January 2013, 19:19

The applause rose from photos still looks lavender to me
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 19th January 2013, 19:31

Me too, Teesh,. On any realistic colour wheel, it wouldn't be more than a distantly relatable shade to the blue family. There wa a brilliant scientific journal-style story on the colour blue in nature, how extraordinary it is in the spectrum - in New York Times maybe? Will see if I can find it.
AHA! Here it is
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 19th January 2013, 20:40

From memory banks which go back 20 years to college, the closest plant with blue in it is the delphinium. That is what the Asians are trying to incorporate into roses from memory.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 21st January 2013, 20:00

I AGREE it still looks like lavender to me
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 23rd January 2013, 06:28

If there is ever a REAL blue rose it will be heavily genetically modified (gene spliced??)....
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 23rd January 2013, 06:42

Yes I agree Wendy, that is where the delphinium will come in IMO
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down