Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

BillnDee...

3 posters

Go down

BillnDee... Empty BillnDee...

Post by Admin 22nd January 2009, 14:59

I have just got off the phone with DPI down here and they said that we are right to go ahead and order budwood from Ruston's in SA so long as it is free of leaves and soil. All we need to do is have it posted to the quarantine inspection area in Devonport where the quarantine officers give them a once-over and then it is released. I have about 50-60 understocks growing in a tub here at the moment ready for budding onto and I have emailed Anne Ruston to ask for a catalogue (which I'll scan and send through to you) so I am keen to order some material now. If you'd like to jump in on the order we could order together and I'll send it down to you to bud up Cool

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

BillnDee... Empty Re: BillnDee...

Post by Admin 22nd January 2009, 15:13

Even better Deirdre !!! Cool I just got off the phone with quarantine in Devonport (to get the postal address) and they said there is actually two ways we can get the budwood here. First we can have it sent to C/O Quarantine in Devonport (PO Box 287E, Devonport, 7310) where it will be inspected... but apparently all of the mail coming in from the mainland goes through Lauceston where quarantine has an xray machine to scan all mail coming into Tasmania. If we get people sending the budwood to just write on the front of the package that it contains plant propagating material then quarantine will pick it up and inspect it and then release it and it will be delivered to us with our regular mail... there is no inspection fee. That's pretty easy isn't it!!! So long as there is no leaves or soil it is right he said. Guess who's gonna place an order lol!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd January 2009, 16:39

Simon, I have their catalogue and so has Ozeboy. It is like a book, I think your wife should take your plastic card away. Kids in a lollie shop is what you will be like Exclamation
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd January 2009, 18:13

I predict with 8 pages of mini's ro choose from that your budget explodes...LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Billndee 22nd January 2009, 22:54

Mt head is in a whirl! Where will I start??? I only have about less than a dozen root stocks sitting in the ground waiting for a bud graft. I could probably chop up some root stock into shorter pieces and root them in the humid bottle system.....
I could even try stenting them, ie bud the root stock prior to rooting in the humid bottle? It would be a pity to experiment with expensive buds though?
What buds would I like??? Wow! Where will I start? I know I want Lavender Lassie. Rosette Delizy. Hmmm... the brain is starting to work.
Just send me the catalogue scratch quickly!

Billndee

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd January 2009, 13:46

woohoo all a buzz down there yonder Mexican Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 23rd January 2009, 14:22

cree wrote:I predict with 8 pages of mini's ro choose from that your budget explodes...LOL

I can guarantee it Deb... there is money flying out of this palce left right and centre at the moment... I'm not spending as much time here as I'd like right now because we've ripped out the kitchen and putting in a new kitchen too... so what's a few more dollars Shocked made round to go round... so they say Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down