Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Hope you all don't get sick of my photos..

+5
The Lazy Rosarian
jordan71
sallybcs
silkyfizz
RosyTeesh
9 posters

Go down

Hope you all don't get sick of my photos.. Empty Hope you all don't get sick of my photos..

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 10:47

Hope you all don't get sick of my photos.. I do apologise some of the colours are a little off and haven't had much time to play around with any programs to get them right Sad

Chrysler Imperial
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fresia

Fresia

View Beauty (This was a freebie from Treloars - It's rather pretty)

Peach Profusion

Triple Treat

DA - Falstaff

Augusta Luise

Chicago Peace

Big Purple

Mr Lincoln

RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Hope you all don't get sick of my photos.. Empty Re: Hope you all don't get sick of my photos..

Post by silkyfizz 18th September 2012, 11:24

Just lovely Rosy. I never get sick of looking at roses.Triple Treat and Augusta Louise are new to me - really like the colours and form. Are they new this year? Would be interested to know more about them. My wish list is getting very looooonnnnggg!!
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Hope you all don't get sick of my photos.. Empty Re: Hope you all don't get sick of my photos..

Post by sallybcs 18th September 2012, 12:20

Beautiful. I would appreciate some updates on View Beauty. My Mother in Law is an active member of View and I was thinking of getting it for her next year,

sallybcs

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 12:21

Thanks Silky! Augusta is about 18 months old and Triple Treat is brand new, about 6 weeks from bare rooted order. I do hope the flowers on TT get slightly bigger though.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 12:24

Hi Sally, I actually got 2 free ones from Treloar this year! They're both growing fast. The flowers got slightly burnt in the extreme heat here but are doing well now. The colour is just so different from other pinks I really quite like it. Flowers are smallish though. And they have needed a little more water and fertiliser than the others for some reason.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 18th September 2012, 12:32

rosy beautifull pics of ur roses .. keep em coming
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 18th September 2012, 12:35

Don't forget when yours might be over ours "hopefully" will be going.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 12:43

Mine have only ever stopped flowering in Winter when I cut them back. And they grow back within a month - 6 weeks. Up here they seem to just keep flowering. Maybe they like the extreme heat after all lol
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar 18th September 2012, 15:28

Never get sick of them. Yes I agree Rosy here in good old QLD our roses never stop the show, our advantage with the warmer weather, but we do have some pitfalls as well
tambralyngar
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 16:15

That's very true. Like burning leaves and flowers!! It rained a bit last night, I am hoping for a growth spurt with some of them.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th September 2012, 20:43

KEEP THE PIX COMING. Just delicious and informative. I'm growing very very very interested in Augusta Luise . She seems like a very nice looker, and I gather she's very fragrant, Do you find her scent strong/appealing?

Alsoalsoalso: how do you find Big Purple for scent/bloom/health? I bought two this year, a new and untried variety for me. Waiting for their first leaves to fully launch.

Raining cats and dogs and rhinoceroses here, and about time.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 21:47

Hi Betsy,

The size and scent of the AL is amazing LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I don't get too many flowers, but when she does flower AMAZING!! Especially when I get a whole bunch together. I don't even have another rose to compare it to. So different.

Big Purples scent is gorgeous, just gorgeous. I do get some beautiful long stems and a really nice cut rose. The colour is darker purple than the photo not pink. It also does not flower a lot, but when it does they are just gorgeous.

Send us some more rain up here!! We had a little overnight, but not enough.

Augusta Luise
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th September 2012, 22:05

AAAHHH , RosyTeesh, just what i wanted to hear , a review on BP , i had it and like you the colour and fragrance is beautiful , when it bloomed . I thought that maybe i had it in the wrong spot , but i guess if it is a slow bloomer in Brisbane , its definately going to be a lot , lot slower in Melb ...
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 22:12

It's very tall, but very slow growing. It sort of just shot straight up, almost 2m high, but not outwards. I cut it back and it started shooting from the bottom and has 3 blooms on it at the moment, I am hoping it gets better Question
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th September 2012, 22:16

I lost patience , i'm afraid , and out it came .......
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 22:18

Oh no Sad How far did you get with it? Too small? It's very slow .. But the roses are so beautiful.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th September 2012, 22:42

It was 2-3 years old , my oldest rose is Violina and Heaven Scent, i think Heaven Scent has BP as parent , i think . It was beautiful , but , but , but , it seemed to sit there for ages before it did anything , probably better in warmer climate ..... From now on i'm trialling roses in pots before i plant em lol !!!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 18th September 2012, 23:38

Heaven Scent looks pretty. My very first rose was Chameleon and then I think Blue Moon. I have about 10 in pots at the moment and they are all doing better than the ones in the ground so I am scared to plant them next Winter lol
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 19th September 2012, 00:37

How do you find Fresia RosyTeesh nice colour ?.Great Pics.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 19th September 2012, 20:49

Hi Danny, so far I really like it. I have only had it for about 4 weeks I think. The blooms are medium size but the plant has been growing quickly (in a pot) and I have had about 5 blooms so far. The scent is really nice and no black spot etc.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 19th September 2012, 22:54

Heaven Scent i have as a standard , had it for quite some time now , nice flowers , good perfume , good performer , BS prone though , wood be good if you are prepared to use chemicals , which i'm not . Probably will replace it when i find a good rose .... I'm looking, looking ......
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down