Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

The Mixing and Matching Forum.

+8
Barbara B
AutumnDamask
Ozeboy
maree
orchid40
sueanne
rosemeadow
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Mixing and Matching Forum. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mixing and Matching Forum.

Post by Balinbear 3rd June 2012, 17:32

maree

Stand back and watch it grow. We cut ours back (just did most of them last week).

As said previously it can be invasive(?) with its seedlings popping up everywhere.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

The Mixing and Matching Forum. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mixing and Matching Forum.

Post by maree 3rd June 2012, 21:58

Balinbear , do the birds and bees feed on it , thats why i have planted it , nursery mentioned nothing about being invasive , maybe i should pull it out as its only a young plant
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 4th June 2012, 08:19

maree
Bees love it I know. Not sure what birds you have down there but I think they would.
It may be tamer where you are. Up here you can control its growth reasonably well. It does not appear to be root invasive like some plants. Our main problem now is the seedlings that appear to pop up everwhere.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 4th June 2012, 22:00

Thanks Balinbear , thats good its not root invasive , probably don't need another seeding plant though , a pink evening primrose i planted is bad enough , but then the weeds seem to always grow the best of course , especially some horrible yellow sour grass thing, i think i'll keep a eye on this plant ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 4th June 2012, 22:32

I have one thought here. Nicotiana alata. Most beautiful, most fragrant plant of all the so-called declared 'noxious' Australian plants. Feeds bees. Only declared a pest because it's poisonous to cattle.I believe it's an Oz native, too.

How many otherwise excellent plants have been condemned for being succesful by an agribusiness world? NA, like many 'volunteers', has purpose, and in an urban situation, just barely hangs on.

Weeds. Hmmm. We seem to want to grow only the most fragile plants, the 'pandas'. We stomp on the plants that feed the bees and birds. The bees are essential to our survival, to agriculture. Let the 'weeds, Nature's survivors with a purpose, do their job.

Brought to you by the pro-weed lobby. No correspondence will be entered into Very Happy
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 4th June 2012, 23:22

Oh Balinbear , down our neck of the woods the New Holland honeyeaters , love this pitcher plant , so if i see them supping on it all will be forgiven .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2