Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Social Networking widget

3 posters

Go down

Social Networking widget Empty Social Networking widget

Post by Admin 6th January 2012, 00:21

Love them or hate them, social media websites have played a large part in the recent surge of interest in Rose Talk. I have recently installed something onto each of the forum's pages that will allow members who also use Facebook, Twitter, and Google +1, to share the parts of the forum that they like with others with whom they interact with. You will see it in the top left hand side and it will take on different appearances from time to time, depending which page it is showing on.

Here's how it works! If you have, for example, a Facebook account and you are logged in and looking at Rose Talk at the same time, you can click on the 'Like' button and it will post a message to your Facebook wall to say that you like it. A return link is published on your wall so that others can see what you are reading and liking. The same is true for the Tweet button etc.

If you do not like social media you can ignore this feature completely and it will not affect you at all. The only information posted to the social media website is the link back here to the place that's been linked to and no personal information is sent along with it. I have set the forum's permissions to disallow guests from being able to see profiles, contact members, see member lists, etc. They cannot even click on links we post in our threads. They cannot post or communicate with other forum members unless they register to join (and even then we screen the new applicants).

So there you have it. I kinda like it and I'm hoping it will appeal to a whole new generation of rose-addicts.

Simon

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Social Networking widget Empty Re: Social Networking widget

Post by RitaG 6th January 2012, 10:15

Thumbsup this oldie thinks this is a great move Simon cheers
RitaG
RitaG

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate 8th January 2012, 18:31

Embarassed I spend more time of the social; pages as you talk to your cyber friends on a daily basis , Dunno
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down