Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Searching for more portal page photos...

4 posters

Go down

Searching for more portal page photos... Empty Searching for more portal page photos...

Post by Admin 15th October 2011, 18:43

Now that the roses are starting to bloom again, it's time to start [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] again! I'm on the lookout for photos to put on the portal page to add a bit of variety to the place... so next time you are out taking photos, turn your camera on its side and take some tall shots instead of long ones (for those who know the lingo, go for more portait formats instead of landscape formats). The tall photos fit in the space better and fit in with the portal page's overall design.

So...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My (late) 'Paul's Scarlet Climber'

'Rosa Indica Major'

Last edited by Simon on 4th January 2012, 14:29; edited 3 times in total

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Searching for more portal page photos... Empty Re: Searching for more portal page photos...

Post by OzRose 16th October 2011, 12:35

Pristine.

Elizabeth of Glamis
OzRose
OzRose

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Searching for more portal page photos... Empty Re: Searching for more portal page photos...

Post by OzRose 17th October 2011, 12:05

I'm not sure where you want them posted Simon , so I'll just park them here for the time being. Laughing

Laevigata.

Abraham Darby.

Eglantyne.

Mabella.
OzRose
OzRose

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 17th October 2011, 16:27

Simon - if you want to use any of the ones I just posted in the other thread (http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com/t1432-a-few-of-my-roses-16-10-11#14026) then that's fine by me. Smile
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 17th October 2011, 17:05

Wendy, you have mail
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 17th October 2011, 17:13

Awesome ladies!I tend to forget all the images I see so if they are parked here that would be great! That way I don't upset anyone either because if they are here then people post them here fully aware that I am going to use them in the portal page Smile

Wendy, I might move some of your images here if you don't mind... just to help me keep track of them Smile They will stay in their own post as well.. I'll just repost the photos here.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 17th October 2011, 17:25

While we are talking about this... I thought a few photo tips would be in order as well:

Try and photograph your roses on a cloudy day or in the afternoon when they are in the shade. You will get a better rendition of their true colours (especially reds) this way. Sun-glare always washes them out and digital cameras are not very good at handling very contrasty situations as would be encountered in sunny shots. If you can't avoid this try and shoot with the sun behind you. Try this foryourself and see what a different this makes! Avoid using a flash whenever possible unless you have fancy flash gear that allows you to get the flash up and off the camera (if anyone is interested in finding out about this let me know and I'll post images of my setup to show how this is done). It is worth finding out how to use the manual functions of your camera. In particular, the shutter speed and the aperture settings. Only then can you begin to get a handle on the truly artisitic side of taking rose photos (again... I should do a tutorial about this shouldn't I to demonstrate what I mean... ). Use the largest resultion you can and then resize your images down to a size no longer than 800 pixels along the longest side. Many cameras come with editing software to do this and there are many free programs (like Irfanview @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to choose from. If you are resizing your images (down) always sharpen then afterwards. Resizing introduces softness into photos. NEVER try to make a smaller images larger... it just isn't worth it. the images will be blurry with low definition.

Now... get clicking!!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 17th October 2011, 17:44

Ok... portal page updated... this is the kind of way I'm going to present them... it will be different each time but they will be editted to add things like frames and labels Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OzRose 17th October 2011, 18:42

My roses are as is , certainly this year . No time to spray even if I was inclined to.
Am taking on board your info re; photographs.
If I don't take mine late afternoon or on cloudy days , the camera does all sorts of funny things with the colour.
OzRose
OzRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 17th October 2011, 19:04

They look excellent, Rosalie Thumbsup The tips are general tips for everyone and are not aimed at anyone or any photos anywhere Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 4th January 2012, 14:31

Looking for new portal page photos again... keep them coming!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down