Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Rose Societies

+2
neptune
The Lazy Rosarian
6 posters

Go down

Rose Societies Empty Rose Societies

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 23rd July 2011, 19:24

Out of left field, can all the members of this forum list the societies or like, anything related to growing/breeding roses they are members of and give me their opinion, I have been reading the RHA in the US with interest. Regards David.

Last edited by roseman on 24th July 2011, 05:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal of some words and adding some.)
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Rose Societies Empty Re: Rose Societies

Post by neptune 23rd July 2011, 21:24

WA Rose Society 8/10......WA Rose Society web site 4/10

Its worth joining if you know nothing about roses and they lean more to showing roses...in my time there they have not mentioned anything about seeds, budding, etc...... I have learnt more from this forum than I have from the Society as this forum covers a hell of variety of subjects.

I get the feeling that some members hold back on tips and tricks for displaying roses, so that there is limited competition during shows.....
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 23rd July 2011, 23:37

That is a shame Neptune. Very good though you have learnt so much at Rosetalk. To inspire someone and help them achieve has got to feel better than winning all the time.
About 27 years ago a great man taught me about Kelpie pedigrees and showed me how to work a Kelpie. That man has been dead now about 16 years, but his Kelpies and his love for them live on in me.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by tearose49 24th July 2011, 13:26

I belong to Heritage Rose Foundation, Heritage Roses Group (including local groups Gold Coast Rose and South Bay Heritage Rose Group), and online- Rosarian's Corner, Chez Vibert and Antique Roses Forum (Gardenweb). RC is the only one with discussion of breeding on it (lots of RHA members on it), although several breeders are also on Gold Coast. HRF is mainly about preservation, getting old roses planted in more places. HRG is mainly people interested in growing OGRs. CV has a lot of people who research old roses.

tearose49

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 24th July 2011, 13:41

Thanks for the info on the societies, tearose49, will look at some of them in the next couple of days
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 24th July 2011, 18:13

We belong to Heritage Roses In Australia Inc.

Its probably pretty obvious but Tearose 49 but what roses do you grow.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 24th July 2011, 22:07

I'm a financial member of RHA though do not post there anymore. I'm thinking about joining ARBA (Australian Rose Breeder's Association - I have a link to their website in the links section). I should also note that I have placed links to all Australian rose societies/associations that I have found or know of in the links section. I am a member of Rosarian's Corner, GardenWeb and the Heritage Rose Foundation's forum but do not post there anymore... I really do not like the format of GardenWeb or the HRF forum and it is a pity that it doesn't seem to be used as much as it could... some of HRFs forums haven't had new posts since 2007 or before.

I have no opinion about rose societies in general that I am willing to share. The only one I would like to join is Heritage Roses in Australia but will do so when I am a man of leisure.

EDIT: I'm also a financial member of Help Me Find. Every rose breeder should be. It's an invaluable tool that I use literally every day.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down