Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

New but still have a long way to go

3 posters

Go down

New but still have a long way to go Empty New but still have a long way to go

Post by Guest 19th December 2010, 09:37

Last edited by OZROZ on 24th December 2010, 22:18; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

New but still have a long way to go Empty Re: New but still have a long way to go

Post by Ozeboy 19th December 2010, 20:57

Well done Warren, I like them all, some better than others, your talent is really showing.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

New but still have a long way to go Empty Re: New but still have a long way to go

Post by Guest 19th December 2010, 21:19

Last edited by OZROZ on 24th December 2010, 22:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by OzRose 19th December 2010, 23:55

There is a nice mix there Woz , any of them scented ?
I have been trying to sort them into 1st , 2nd , 3rd etc preference ....
not getting very far . Laughing

cheers. Rosalie
OzRose
OzRose

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th December 2010, 06:18

Last edited by OZROZ on 24th December 2010, 22:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by OzRose 20th December 2010, 12:18

OZROZ wrote:
You should have a go at mme gregoire staechelin, find some HT which are tight in form,( i used blue moon) you can get some nice results from this rose and perfume as well. It is quite a fertile rose

How have you found remontancy rates in the offspring Woz ?

My Mme Greg . flowered really well for the first time this year and was covered in nice fat hips . I was going to have a go at sowing some seed out of curiosity , but alas it's not to be . Crying or Very sad
My sister came for a visit yesterday , and as usual went out to work amongst the roses. She only has a courtyard sized garden around her unit so when she comes down here she can release all those frustrated greenfingered urges Laughing
But yesterday she deadheaded Mme. Greg. so no seeds to plant this year .
And my one cross that I had scientifically made, [Graham Thomas X A. Darby] also came to an untimely end when my younger daughter [7] triumphantly carried in the little gauze bob-bon bag that she " found on a rose bush in the garden Mum."
Complete with half ripe hip inside. Sad

Oh well , back to the drawing board.

cheers. Rosalie
OzRose
OzRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th December 2010, 12:36

Last edited by OZROZ on 24th December 2010, 22:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by OzRose 20th December 2010, 13:06

I'd probably left the bag on for too long then , it was about three weeks but mainly as a reminder too that *this* was an important hip and
DO NOT DEADHEAD. [reminder to self as I can be pretty much the absent minded professor at times too]

I just have to put marker ribbons on the bushes that I don't want dead headed in future Smile

cheers. Rosalie
OzRose
OzRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 20th December 2010, 14:39

Leaving the bag on too long won't hurt it if it's one of those little draw-string organsa bags... it just keeps the critters out. I use little jewellers tags on my crosses (string tags) with the cross written on it to show what's been done and what hasn't. Makes some roses look like Christmas trees Wink I take teh bags off after about 3-4 days as the stigma become non-recptive after only a short time. If you decide to use string tags be aware that slugs LOVE them. I lost nearly all my tags last year to slugs so this year I bought a whole stack of clear waterproof sticky tape and wrap the each tag to protect them from being eaten. Touch wood *taps head* it's working so far.

Would like to see some of your Indica Major seedlings Warren. My OP Indica Major seedlings have been some of the best I've had this season and I've used it a bit in planned crosses this year too. Indica Major can get mildew pretty badly but I got this one seedling this season that was completely clean when everything else was coated in a white coat... then the downy moved in Sad The good news is it resists downy mildew pretty well too Smile

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down