Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Very Quiet this Month

3 posters

Go down

Very Quiet this Month Empty Very Quiet this Month

Post by Ozeboy 21st May 2010, 21:06

It's obvious that if Simon doesnt stimulate the forum, coming up with new ideas etc everything seems to stop.

Perhaps everyone is exceptionally busy, from now to August is the busiest time of all in the garden.

New garden beds to dig, edges to make, Pergolas and arches to build. Roses to order and dud rose bush removal.

Winter pruning, Dolomite and Magnesium Sulphate the beds, soil to test for PH. Lime Sulphur spray for fungus. Remove weeds and add lucerne mulch.

Open hips, treat seeds and place in the refrigerator.

I'm getting tired just thinking about what I have to do between now and August.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Very Quiet this Month Empty Re: Very Quiet this Month

Post by rosemeadow 30th May 2010, 16:30

Hi Bruce and everyone !
I have been very busy getting back into putting alot of my time into working my Kelpies and building new kennels. I did quite alot of sheepdog trials over April and recently helped work 4,000 sheep for crutching. In the evenings I have been reading some very good books on the history of the Kelpie or following Kelpie pedigrees back.
Around 10 years ago I stopped going trialing so I could stay in my garden and spend the money on it instead. Now I want to do both hobbies deligently at the same time.
My new dog runs and shed kennels are at the end of my garden now, so I will be walking through my roses to go to my dogs every day. Some of the fence around the dogs is made with Rio, so I will be able to grow Species or Ramblers and Clematis on it. In total I ended up getting over 200 tall solid poles from the Vinyard, so I used some of these for the new dog yards.
So I am sorry I have been away. My daughters monopolise the lap top or my computer, as well as I have been having alot of early nights in between the Kelpie studying nights.
I am really looking foward to Spring after all this good rain at the moment, with my roses being a bit older. I have alot of weeding and mowing to do, which I havn't done for months.
Anyway, I am sure comming back tonight on this wet day.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 31st May 2010, 06:27

Good to see you back Karen! Good luck with the Kelpies - and roses. Hope you get lots of rain
Dave C

Dave

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 31st May 2010, 09:26

Hi Dave ! Yes we are having alot of wet weather Next Spring I will take a nice photo of my kelpies in amongst my roses and post here.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down