Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

A Bit Quiet Lately.....

5 posters

Go down

A Bit Quiet Lately..... Empty A Bit Quiet Lately.....

Post by neptune 26th March 2014, 21:37

Its been a bit quiet on the forum lately and I was wondering what everyone was doing..........

As for me,...my wifey and I just got back from Bali after 2 weeks in Bali for a short break as she works very hard in the hospital.
There was a downside of going when we did. My timing to do a summer prune to get ready for the Autumn State Championships on Mother's day is out of whack by over a week.
So now I pray for warm weather about 3 weeks before Mothers Day to help force the growth for me. If not, I may need to help with force feeding to help it along a bit and it doesn't help when wifey and I are going back overseas about the 10th April for another couple of weeks. Might not be our year as follow up Champions.......

So what are our fellow rosarians doing right now.....
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

A Bit Quiet Lately..... Empty Re: A Bit Quiet Lately.....

Post by dannyboy 27th March 2014, 14:31

Gday guys it has been quiet of late to be honest havent posted for a while to just have a quick read sometimes.

Some roses still recovering from the harsh summer we had in Melbourne,but there starting to show new growth now.What do other rosarians do to get them up and going again from the harsh summer ??.Still getting a few nice flowers tho from alot of roses.I have been impressed with Chrysler Imperial and City of Newcastle this season from last years barerooted bunch.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 27th March 2014, 16:37

Yes I have noticed how everyone seems to have "left town" recently. I must say my roses have never looked better, most in full bloom. Amazing! I did give them a lot of water towards the end of summer when the ground really dried out. However I think a lot of the credit goes to what I have learnt here from many learned people, so I thank you. Stand outs at the moment are Best Friend, Queen Adelaide and Joy of Life.
Ah the rain overnight and today has been a blessing (even though I had to cut my golf today), nice gentle soaking rain, which we haven't seen for so long.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate 27th March 2014, 20:22

My year has been so so, need lots more rain  >8@ 
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 28th March 2014, 08:25

With this dry weather the roses are so so too, now we are having a real soaking with a weeks worth of rain. It's a nice change.

Dannyboy if I remember correctly I think you have Summer Fragrance, if so, how are you finding it? I am thinking of buying it...
Happy roses
Happy roses

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down