Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Hello from Rosemeadow.

Go down

Hello from Rosemeadow. Empty Hello from Rosemeadow.

Post by rosemeadow 7th May 2009, 13:08

Hi everyone, just a quick hello. Still waiting for the power to be hooked up. Its hopefully only four or five weeks away. I don't have enough power to go through everything here at Rose Talk so I am just waiting till we get the power on, I will just put what I have to say here.
Out of the cuttings I got from you Simon, Red Cascade and R. Lavigata are growing well. The R. Laevigata died in the end. Billndee, Marilyn Munrole surprisingly is going strong, but the Carabella have slowly died. The Carabella cuttings I latter got from my friend ( which I didn't realise she had ) so far look very healthy.
I have lots of new own roots I grew from the cuttings I got from Lynette's rose garden and another few small gardens, but I have lost a great many too. Doing own roots can be very rewarding and very disappointing. Swapping cuttings in the mail is too much work I feel for what you get in return, for eighter party. Though Red Cascade, R. Lavigata and Marilyn Munrole will be special roses for me, being sent to me from my internet friends.
The rooted pieces you sent me Simon are doing good, one lost its leaves but it is re shooting now.
How did the cuttings go I sent you Simon and Billndee ?
I have 58 poles in my garden now to grow my climbers and Ramblers on, got them from the tip for a dollar each. I am very excitted because I recently put in 9 more archways, the ones made out of sheep fenching, to add to my previous lone archway. Also I put 2 together to make a bower to put table and chairs under. A place in this winter to work from when I plant my new roses I have a ordered from Thomas roses.
Alee, I am really sorry I missed you the time you rang up. Also sorry I didn't let you really know this, I will blame it on my power situation and also I was waitting for you to ring back. Will talk about sending cuttings latter but I don''t think it would work as I have to travel a long way to get the certificate and then they will probably all die anyway for you. I would do as you are doing, buy and import from the nurseries and latter when the bushes have grown, take your cuttings to give you more of that variety if you want more of it.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down