Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Heritage Rose Conference Launceston

5 posters

Go down

Heritage Rose Conference Launceston  Empty Heritage Rose Conference Launceston

Post by Bonita18 1st December 2014, 07:24

Well I am excited! Sitting in Brisbane Airport at present. It will be so good to see the rises of all sorts in Tassie at this time of year. We had a disastrous spring in Toowoomba. Just when all the roses were bursting with buds an extended heatwave arrived and they either opened and dried on the bushes within hours or most of the buds turned brown and promptly fell off. Never mind there is next Spring and rain ahead!

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Heritage Rose Conference Launceston  Empty Re: Heritage Rose Conference Launceston

Post by Bonita18 1st December 2014, 07:28

Meant to tell Bruce T that mrs Graham Hart climbing rose did not miss a beat! She is just lovely and a real Queensland beauty. Not sure about Titian as he is a sleepy rose here despite special attention with Black Marvel, mulch, goat manure, Lucerne mulch and right next to Mrs Graham Hart. Time will tell!

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Heritage Rose Conference Launceston  Empty Re: Heritage Rose Conference Launceston

Post by muscovyduckling 1st December 2014, 20:19

Stop teasing us about Zara Graham Hart, you two!
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Heritage Rose Conference Launceston  Empty Greeeeen

Post by rosebud 2nd December 2014, 13:03

Oh, so very envious of those attending the Heritage Rose Conference in Tassie - and visit those fortunate people who actually live in Tasmania and grow amazing roses .... love to hear all about it!
rosebud
rosebud

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2013-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 2nd December 2014, 14:00

Bonita

Have fun. I will be nursing my shoulder while thinking of you.

Our Graham Hart was great this spring and sending some buds off to Bruce tomorrow.

We purchased a Titan this year and it's doing quite well. Nearly a metre up the pillar now and has had several flowers on it as well.

Say hello to everyone in Launceston for us.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 12th December 2014, 11:21

Bonita, the Titan's you had a look at down here are doing very well, 7' tall. Have heard it will go up an 8' trellis OK. Titan and Lady Woodward have nicer blooms than most of the Riethmuller's which closely resemble Gartendirektor Otto Linne from which they are bred. All his roses are quite healthy and strike well from cuttings.

Ducky, most of the Tea's are fantastic healthy large garden roses. You would do well buying the Australian book " Tea Roses ".

Gary, best of luck with your recent shoulder operation. Nice to see you are happy to save the Tea's. Margaret sent a few other found Tea's that the Kangaroos broke down but I do have a 'Rose Hedge Cottage Pink' that would be OK for buds. I'm sure Margaret or Billy would send some buds if you contact them. Check the Ruston's catalogue for Golden Oldies which can be budded here for you.
The Mrs G Hart wood was a little old but have put 15 on anyway so lets hope they shoot OK.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 13th December 2014, 19:43

Thanks Bruce. It's not too bad. I am in a sling for about 6 weeks but no serous gardening for about 4 months.

"Rose Hedge Cottage Pink" is a nice rose. It can get quite large but responds to pruning ok. We cut a 3metre diameter one back to almost nothing earlier this year and its grown back really well. Its has some mean thorns though. It also grows well from cuttings.

I will have a look at the collection and see if I can get my hands on some buds.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down