Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow..

+4
The Lazy Rosarian
silkyfizz
betsyw
maree
8 posters

Go down

Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow.. Empty Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow..

Post by maree 30th November 2013, 21:57

The much anticipated trip to the Werribee State Rose Gardens has arrived , tomorrow , they are having their first ever fair , weather is going to be beautiful , it should be a lovely day .......
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow.. Empty Re: Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow..

Post by betsyw 1st December 2013, 07:42

What a fortunate pair you and silky are. Impressions, pix eagerly anticipated.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow.. Empty Re: Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow..

Post by maree 1st December 2013, 07:46

Got my camera battery charging now Betsy lol !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 1st December 2013, 09:25

Yep, camera is charged and so am I!
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st December 2013, 10:22

Silky , i'll have on my Geelong Cats polo top , and blue hat , too hot for a footy scarf , if you would like to say hello ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 1st December 2013, 12:09

Maree, if you are going to Werribee, you must live close, I would not be on the computer, I would have been at the gate as it opened.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st December 2013, 17:41

Roseman , i've been there probably about half a dozen times , this is the first time they have had a exhibition or fair there , i'm probably about a hour away , today was really good , they had lots of stalls there , and got talked into joining the Victorian rose society very soon by the people they had at the fair there , all in all a good day , a bit hot though pheww !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 1st December 2013, 17:54

Whatjya buy? (We need an emoticon for an empty wallet)
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st December 2013, 19:20

Lol , didn't buy any roses Betsy , Silkie roses were there , but not a whole lot of roses that i saw to buy , they had the usual hand made garden sort of stuff , bought a couple of books from the Victorian rose society , heaps and heaps of people there , didn't see Silky ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 1st December 2013, 20:27

Maree I looked and looked for anything 'Cats" but couldn't see you. I would have loved to finally meet you. It was too hot for my scarf too. I had a great day, bought a Henri Matisse, heavily discounted at the end of the day. It's gorgeous, always planned on getting one. It will take the place of my Parole (orange alien cuckoo). I wasn't that enamoured of the Parole bed so got Henri instead. Took me an hour just to get back out onto the freeway and then another hour to get home. Now I'm pooped. Will try to post some pix tomorrow.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 1st December 2013, 20:37

betsyw wrote:Whatjya buy? (We need an emoticon for an empty wallet)

I looked and searched, but to no avail......
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st December 2013, 20:54

Silky , i did take my Cats scarf and tied it to my bag , to be more visible and i had on my Cats top as well , ( footy trajic )never mind there were lots of people there , maybe you should have worn a Pies top lol , i'm sure you will love Henri , he's a good reliable rose thats for sure ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 1st December 2013, 21:01

Silky, congrats on that excellent Henri.
Maree. you're fired. And your membership in the Impulse Buyers Club is hereby revoked. We have a zero-tolerance policy toward restraint.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st December 2013, 21:07

Lol ha ha Betsy , does it count that i bought four roses about a month ago from Silkies , three were standards and it cost me a arm and a leg , surely that must count lol !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 1st December 2013, 21:32

maree wrote: , does it count that i bought four roses about a month ago from Silkies , three were standards and it cost me a arm and a leg , surely that must count lol !!

as the self made umpire for the Impulse Buyers Club, mare.......I checked the video review, and those roses you brought about a month ago, don't count.......you forgot to read the small print........the operative words are Impulse Buying.......which you did not qualify.....sorry about that...better luck next time to get into the "Club".......
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st December 2013, 22:01

OH DRAT !!!Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow.. 830934684 
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 1st December 2013, 23:44

Maree, never you mind about taking a break from the Impulse Buyers Club. Nothing wrong with a bit of restraint! Hahaha. All too soon you'll succumb and pop it in a pot!
BTW what was the 4th rose you got from Silkies? You mentioned getting Jardin de Bagatelles, Jubilee Celebration and Valencia as standards, from memory, so what was the other one?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 2nd December 2013, 06:13

She *did* buy books and join the Rose Society on impulse... In fact, I'd hazard a guess that such things would be *strengthening* her membership in the Impulse Buyers Club - training and research. She will be a rose buyer on a mission.

roflmao 
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 2nd December 2013, 21:16

You got it alright Autumn Trip to Werribee State Rose Gardens tomorrow.. 4118800704 , definately on a mission , on a quest in fact , looking for the holy grail of roses lol ... Silky i bought another Nahema , great rose much better than Pierrre de Ronstaad ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 2nd December 2013, 21:40

Ahh, now you tell me! Lol
Yes the fragrance from Nahema is enough to make your heart skip a beat. Beautiful flowers too. Stiff canes though and that put me off and steered me to Pierre de Ronsard. (BTW are you thinking of Linda??Lol) Where are you gonna put it Maree? Have you got an arch? I'd love to have one.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 3rd December 2013, 01:28

Silky i bought another Nahema , great rose much better than Pierrre de Ronstaad ... wrote:
That's a big call.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 3rd December 2013, 18:51

Ausrose Pierre is a great rose , i had four of them , two pink and two red ones , but alas no fragrance , i like Nahema much better , the canes are okay if you train them young , but then mine are still young plants . Silky we have a small wooden arbour and a arch that is just made out of reo , works really well ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by muscovyduckling 3rd December 2013, 20:52

I want Nahema too! I love love love the look of Pierre but it has no fragrance, and it seems to grow really really slowly around here. Two of my neighbours have had them for years and nothing much is happening. I will order it from Silkies next winter Smile
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 3rd December 2013, 21:47

My Pierres grew alright , you have to train them though horizontally and vertically , just can't see the point in growing roses with no fragrance , i pulled mine out ,( on my quest here ) i'll post some photos of Nahema , as she gets bigger ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 3rd December 2013, 22:28

Ooh yes please Maree.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down