Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ...

+9
Dimity Cottage
neptune
betsyw
Happy roses
dannyboy
The Lazy Rosarian
jordan71
silkyfizz
maree
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... Empty Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ...

Post by maree 1st October 2013, 09:25

Werribee State Rose gardens is having a exhibition of rose growers / nurseries , horticultural exhibitors on Sunday 1st December 11.am-400pm , this information was provided to me by Silky Roses in their newsletter , i'm going , should be great , hope to see you there !!!
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... Empty Re: Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ...

Post by silkyfizz 1st October 2013, 16:06

Thanks Maree, that sounds great. I'll mark that down so I don't forget.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... Empty Re: Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ...

Post by jordan71 1st October 2013, 18:16

i'll be there I hope
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 1st October 2013, 18:47

We'll all have to wear something distinctive so we can meet up. Lol
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 1st October 2013, 19:29

lol silky
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 1st October 2013, 19:35

Cameras are must.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 1st October 2013, 19:53

I love going there any day of the month only live minutes away ,but always a joy to go and get ideas on roses.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 1st October 2013, 19:58

Please take lots of photo's need a rose pics fix Eye Popper  
Happy roses
Happy roses

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st October 2013, 21:05

Good idea Silky , how about a hat or scarf or something in a particular colour , i could wear my cats scarf lol !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 1st October 2013, 21:10

What's the catchcry on this board? PICTURES, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 1st October 2013, 21:22

betsyw wrote:What's the catchcry on this board? PICTURES, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

But...but...betsy.......it did happen........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 1st October 2013, 21:28

Well something happened, but I don't see no peeps with scarves, and it's not December 1st, so what I need to see is pix of that which has not yet happened, when it does.

God, that was exhausting. In the meantime, Neptune, can you identify that wowee neon rose climbing over the arch?
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 1st October 2013, 21:32

Hmmmmmm....its 0830 in the morning and the grounds aren't open and the cleaners are getting rid of the excess fallen leaves and BS ones.......AND.....all will be revealed in the near future.......Whisper 
neptune
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 1st October 2013, 22:39

Lol Betsy and Neptune , maybe you are on a parallel page , in a parallel life , which is a month ahead of us on this page , cause i'm going in a months times to look at some more roses lol .....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 2nd October 2013, 07:54

Yeah and only one photo, thats suspect....
Happy roses
Happy roses

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 2nd October 2013, 08:03

No parallelism here, maree - Neptune and I appear to be temporarily in perpendicular universes ;-)))))))))))))))))))

So anyway, when you DO go, collect all the scarf-wearers for a pic. If they co-operate. At least the roses will stand still and stay in one place, and have name tags.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 2nd October 2013, 09:00

Only wish I lived in Melbourne, Vic. 1 so I could grow more Cooler Weather Roses. 2 So I could go to the Werribee State Rose Gardens. 3 So I could meet up with you all there.
Yesterday I received my latest 'The Journal of Heritage Roses Aust.' and there is a photo of Alister Clark's "Milkmaid" as a Weeper (I think) in Werribee Park. (Could it be the one in the photo posted by John). It is described here as 'A spherical blast of whipped cream and golden syrup dollops'. In real life is it as pretty as it looks here. Does anyone grow Milkmaid and how does she perform, so sorry to go off Topic.   Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... 931050920
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 2nd October 2013, 20:42

Okay everyone , if you do go to Werribee , i'll be flashing my Geelong Cats scarf somewhere on my person ,if its hot i'll tie it around my bag , i guess you can tell i'm a mad AFL supporter ... Diane i love living down here except for days like today , windy , windy , windy and the hot , hot , days of summer ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 2nd October 2013, 21:06

Agree Maree these last couple of days with the wind so strong have broke so much tender water shoots from the roses:oops: 

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 2nd October 2013, 21:12

betsyw wrote:No parallelism here, maree - Neptune and I appear to be temporarily in perpendicular universes ;-))))))))))))))))))).
Hmmmm........perpendicular Betsy......does that mean we have a intersecting point......care to share...... Smile
neptune
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 2nd October 2013, 21:49

Yes Danny , i'm too scared to go and look , today was terrible , although it wasn't as bad here as other parts of Melbourne , i'll be putting stakes in and tying up the roses if this wind continues ..... Neptune and Betsy i'm totally lost now as to what planet you two are on lol !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 2nd October 2013, 21:58

maree wrote:.....  Neptune and Betsy i'm totally lost now as to what planet you two are on lol !!!

Well my home planet is Ork.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by neptune on 2nd October 2013, 23:18; edited 1 time in total
neptune
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 2nd October 2013, 22:58

Neptune you really are sooo funny, ORK !!! Nah noo !!! Nah noo !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 3rd October 2013, 02:08

Nanoo nanoo, Orkian! I myself am from Trafalmadore. I come to Earth with an urgent message for the survival of the human race. Oops, seem to have forgotten it. As we say on Tralfalmadore, "So it goes."

Neptune and I have hijacked this thread. Our demands are $425 in small bills and matching sports jackets. Also cat scarves.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 3rd October 2013, 05:26

I have always been under the impression people  from the planet Ork are called Dorks.

Jokes aside I wish I was able to visit the Werribee State Gardens for the function in December as I believe the gardens to be a rose lovers paradise.

Those are able to attend be sure to have a look at  the Australian bred section as there are many examples of roses you wouldn't normally see. Some that come to mind are China Sunrise (Newman), Warrawee (Fitzhardinge), Ida Elizabeth (Welsh), Imp (Dawson) Iced Parfait (Sister Xavier) and Miss All Australia Beauty (Armburst).

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next