Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ...

+9
Dimity Cottage
neptune
betsyw
Happy roses
dannyboy
The Lazy Rosarian
jordan71
silkyfizz
maree
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ...

Post by silkyfizz 3rd October 2013, 12:00

What have you guys been drinking? Lol Ausrose - "Dorks" - good one!
Maree I'll keep my eyes peeled for your Cats scarf. I think I'll wear my Fragrant Cloud hued scarf.
Yes the gardens at Werribee are really something, very beautiful and so many roses to see and admire.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ...

Post by SueH 3rd October 2013, 18:47

I'm hoping to come too! Will look out for cats and fragrant clouds! Will also be looking out for aliens from other planets! LOL Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... - Page 2 1671562364 

SueH

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2013-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 3rd October 2013, 19:13

Good on you Sue! Join the mayhem...
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 3rd October 2013, 22:30

Dimity Cottage wrote:Only wish I lived in Melbourne, Vic. 1 so I could grow more Cooler Weather Roses. 2 So I could go to the Werribee State Rose Gardens. 3 So I could meet up with you all there.
Yesterday I received my latest 'The Journal of Heritage Roses Aust.' and there is a photo of Alister Clark's "Milkmaid" as a Weeper (I think) in Werribee Park. (Could it be the one in the photo posted by John). It is described here as 'A spherical blast of whipped cream and golden syrup dollops'. In real life is it as pretty as it looks here. Does anyone grow Milkmaid and how does she perform, so sorry to go off Topic.   Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... - Page 2 931050920

Braver man than I to grow a Milkmaid up our way. It will cover half the suburb if you did not prune it every day.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 3rd October 2013, 23:07

Its amazing what a proposed day out with the roses will do to you , send you into cyber madness as Silky put it lol haha .  Silky roses in Victoria was where i read about this event and then a email from Diana at Silkys asking me if i was attending ,(i was enquiring about some roses too ) . Silky roses put out a great newsletter , so have a look if you like and they have a great range of roses , and they will bud up special orders too if you get in early enough . They are in partnership with Wagner roses from South Australia .Its called Silky Roses after Silky chickens which they have or did have , i'm going up to their nursery early December so will take some more pics !!!!
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 4th October 2013, 00:05

Thanks for that tip Maree about Silkie's newsletter. Just checked it out, it's terrific. Ta.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 4th October 2013, 06:03

I will certainly think twice, three times, four times before planting 'Milkmaid' unless I am going to grow it in the Council park up the road.
Have a Great Week End everyone. There is a Rose Show on at Mount Coot-tha, Brisbane on the Week End so I will treat myself to an outing.  Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... - Page 2 931050920
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 4th October 2013, 06:20

Ladies I believe they will be selling plants there , so be prepared to pull out your pursers lol
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 4th October 2013, 10:15

FYI : The Werribbee State Rose Garden website is a wonderland for those of us who have to experience the place vicariously. (That luminous red rose on the arch Neptune uploaded above is "Tradition", btw.) I plan on exploring it further , and posting requests to you RoseTalk pilgrims ;p-)

A few oddities - some misspelled names like "Burgandy Iceberg" and "Nehema", and puzzling site groupings (Kardinal is listed on the Lots of Perfume page, but Fragrant Cloud is omitted from the same list), but overall the website is richly illustrated, utterly delicious and informative.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 4th October 2013, 13:39

Don't forget you camera Dianne!! Photographer 

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 4th October 2013, 19:15

Jordan do you know what sort of plants will be available? Obviously roses but anything else? Do you know which exhibitors will be there?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 6th October 2013, 10:01

not really sure silky , thinking of not going as I will be very tempted and I've got to cut down on buying roses
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 6th October 2013, 17:08

Oh Jordan, I know what you mean! BUT..... I'm still hoping to go - buying plants or not - probably will though!! LOL

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 6th October 2013, 17:32

lol sue
yeah its an addiction
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 6th October 2013, 18:15

And What an Addition.......   Tick! Tick! Tick!
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 6th October 2013, 18:23

Dimity Cottage wrote:And What an Addition.......   Tick! Tick! Tick!

Its a good Addition to any Addiction..... Very Happy
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 6th October 2013, 20:57

Jordan just make sure you leave all your plastic cards at home and only take $10 with you. On the $10 write in texta: "Do not accept this money if you are a rose grower!" That way even if you're tempted, can't do any damage. Addictions can be managed!
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 7th October 2013, 08:01

lol silky .. its so tempting to go , just see how I go , may have to work at the nursery Sad
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 7th October 2013, 10:40

Even I was tempted. Just costed out a trip from the Hunter to Werribee, and when I got to $300 and 8 hours, I gave up. Boo sucks
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 7th October 2013, 11:32

Noooo Jordan, don't take any notice of Silky (sorry Silky!!) BUT, leave those plastic cards at home!! Just bring notes instead!! LOLOL
Agree with you Dianne, I love this addiction!! LOL Happy Dance 

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 7th October 2013, 15:26

hahaha
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 7th October 2013, 18:19

Is there a place for us to attend perhaps 'ROSES ANONAMOUS', if not we may have to have our spouses start one up. I would not be a good contender though as I love to break the rules.   Chat 
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 7th October 2013, 18:43

lol Dianne. I think when it comes to roses we all would break the rules
jordan71
jordan71

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 7th October 2013, 19:03

Encore! Bravo! Ditto!!!! Great idea Dianne .... when is the first meeting?! Wonder who will attend?! LOL roflmao 

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 7th October 2013, 19:51

People often ask me how many roses I have in the garden and I always tell them that I don't know. And you know I really don't know and don't want to, I only know I will keep going till I just can't fit another in.
My garden isn't as big as some of you have, here on the Forum but I have used up my entire yard except for a nice area we keep for outdoor dining.
How did we ever get onto the subject of Rose Addictions, we really are going to get into trouble.
BE GOOD NOW....... Exhibition at Werribee State Rose Garden , come along ... - Page 2 3849219425
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next