Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose

+12
martino
Rose-Anna
Balinbear
Ausrose
betsyw
Ozeboy
dannyboy
Happy roses
The Lazy Rosarian
neptune
jordan71
Dimity Cottage
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 Empty Re: White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd September 2013, 05:57

Anna, how is the repeat of "Fabulous", I'm thinking it 'might' rival 'Iceberg' if it repeats well, also how is it's health.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 Empty Re: White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose

Post by Dimity Cottage 22nd September 2013, 07:15

I went outside this morning to find my David Austin Winchester Cathedral flowering brilliantly, such a pretty little thing, the flowers are not the biggest but these make a beautiful show. And my 5 standard Brindabella White Bouquets are shining a treat at the moment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brindabella White Bouquet

Winchester Cathedral
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 22nd September 2013, 08:23

'CHEWfragbabe' (Brindabella Bouquet) is a great rose, clean as any and an excellent breeder.

It works well both as a pollen or seed parent. Some of my best seedlings have it in their pedigree. Last season I bred one miniature from it using 'Roundelay' as a seed parent.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 22nd September 2013, 08:50

LOL Breeder's name has a "Star Wars" ring to it. Chewbacca's daughter, even.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose-Anna 22nd September 2013, 10:01

roseman wrote:Anna, how is the repeat of "Fabulous", I'm thinking it 'might' rival 'Iceberg' if it repeats well, also how is it's health.

I would say that Fabulous beats Iceberg any day. I didn't want to get a third Iceberg after the first two died without any reason so we went for the Fabulous that was new at the time and its a real winner.
Its a big, vigorous and healthy bush, fantastic green leafs and best of all, big, strong caines with masses of flowers. Takes a few years to establish (of course) but now it is just amazing.
Another perk is the fact that there is hardly any thorns. Not to say that there are none, but they are not many, especially compared to some bushes we have.
Rose-Anna
Rose-Anna

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 22nd September 2013, 12:57

I grew Pascali in the UK and it certainly was a lovely rose to both grow and admire. Has anyone grown Dove?

SueH

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2013-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 22nd September 2013, 20:34

Fabulous is very popular on the darkside.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 23rd September 2013, 12:58

April Hammer looks to be a lovely rose. How is it for black spot etc?

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 23rd September 2013, 15:48

SueH wrote:I grew Pascali in the UK and it certainly was a lovely rose to both grow and admire.  Has anyone grown Dove?
David Austin has,lol! roflmao 
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 23rd September 2013, 17:17

I have a cutting-grown Dove. It's pretty.
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 23rd September 2013, 17:45

Princess of Wales is looking fabulous today, I have counted at least 45 lovely big buds and 26 full blown roses, As my husband Graham says, she is the star of the show this year. And Our Vanilla is not far behind her. This time of the year is wonderful isn't it, to see, the beginning of the Season's Roses start to bloom.

Princess of Wales

What a Blessing from Mother Nature. White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 3028820582

Last edited by Dimity Cottage on 26th September 2013, 23:14; edited 2 times in total
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 23rd September 2013, 18:08

LOLOL very good Roseman!! Duh  Thank you AutumnDamask - a sensible answer!!! White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 3028820582  

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 23rd September 2013, 18:17

LOLOLOL roseman!

On a more sedate note, does anyone out there have  Summer Memories? I ticked the box to make up a bareroot order, and have no idea why I ordered this Kordes creamy white thing.

Summer Memories

betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 26th September 2013, 23:10

A couple more of my Favourites have started flowering this week, don't you just love Spring & the First Roses of the Season. The White and Creams just light up the garden. Hope you are all enjoying your Spring Gardening.

Jadace-French Lace

Martine Guillot'
Happy Spring Gardening. White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 3028820582
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 27th September 2013, 19:38

French Lace has got to be one of the best if not the best floribunda show bench roses.

French Lace

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 27th September 2013, 20:18

That's interesting, Ausrose. It's one of my favs - it performed excellently in the garden last year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 28th September 2013, 11:22

French Lace ... what a beautiful rose! There are so many roses I have never heard of, before joining this forum! What a treat! I suppose this one has a fragrance too(?).

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 28th September 2013, 13:59

French Lace doesn't have much perfume but it's not a complete loss.
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 28th September 2013, 14:09

Isn't it lovely to grow a Winner in more ways that one. I have always loved French Lace and so pleased that so many on the Forum approve of my choice as I planted 3.
I am finding a lot of satisfaction in these Topics on Rose Colour and hope you are all enjoying it as well It is great to feel part of a like minded community.
Cheers....  flower
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 28th September 2013, 15:20

Also Dianne, for novices like me, you are introduced to roses you've never heard of and immediately take a great liking to,.. like French Lace!

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 28th September 2013, 17:12

I think Sue we are very lucky to have these guys, like Jordan, (Roseman) David, (Neptune) John, Ausrose, AutumnDamask and everyone else who has had years more experience with Roses than I and a lot of us, they could be posting on a couple of other more Experienced Persons Forums and maybe they are but they find the time to give of their time to join in with us and SHARE and that is what it is all about isn't it.
You Never Know Enough that you can't Learn Something.
Enjoy!!!!!!!  White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 3028820582
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 28th September 2013, 18:07

I'm in total agreement with you Dianne. I have learnt such a lot from these guys and gals! They are all willing to help those of us who don't have the knowledge or experience.
We're not worthy Clap 

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 7th October 2013, 18:40

How are your - White/Cream/Champagne Roses flowering.
My French Lace, Princess of Wales, Winchester Cathedral, Our Vanilla, White Maman Cochet, Martine Guilot & Diamant are all still blooming beautifully.
Does anyone else have some Photos to share as I am sure we are all still looking for good bloomers for our gardens.
On Sunday I saw the most beautiful Green Ice on the show bench,
a beautiful rose has anyone grown it.
I just love Roses with Green Eyes.  White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 3028820582
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 7th October 2013, 19:09

Green Ice

neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 7th October 2013, 19:57

Beautiful Shot John, though the ones I saw were more on the White/Cream tinged Green, are they usually more on the Green side. White/Cream/Champagne Roses what is your Favourite Rose - Page 2 931050920
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next