Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Francis Dubreuil in Australia

5 posters

Go down

Francis Dubreuil in Australia Empty Francis Dubreuil in Australia

Post by Admin 22nd January 2009, 13:54

In the U.S. it is thought that all/most the plants offered for sale as the Tea Francis Dubreuil are in fact the HT Barcelona. Does anyone know if the same problem exists here as well?

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Francis Dubreuil in Australia Empty Re: Francis Dubreuil in Australia

Post by Guest 22nd January 2009, 15:49

Cool I will change a few things now that people have repsonded to this post....LOL

This topic is well covered in the Tea Rose, Roses for Warm Climates book.

I encourage anyone with a love of tea roses or those who live in warm climates wishing to grow roses successfully to buy this book. I also encourage those whose interest is commercial such as nurseries who sell tea roses or those who wish to developed and sell patented rose using the tea rose to improve their modern roses to also buy and use this book.

An accurate and detailed reference such as this is simply unheard of, and it is even more remarkable that it was written in Australia, with accurate information about OUR roses. We all need to rally behind this book and support it.

Then next time you see someone ask a question which is covered in the book, instead of rephrasing the information, please let them know how they can obtain the book.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A book such as this, if well supported could lead to more quality books of this kind on other classes of roses in the future! If not we will be stuck with rose book written in England or the US where the information is often useless at best and totally inaccurate at worst.

Last edited by cree on 22nd January 2009, 21:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 22nd January 2009, 17:26

BTW the bell keeps ringing and the flashing lights were close to bringing on a seizure, what do I win for being the 100,000 person to visit your site? Maybe a free rose?

I don't get it scratch DO you want a free rose? I have one for you... you know that Smile

BTW Deb, It's good to see you back. Despite what you might think I really enjoy the majority of your posts and value your input here.

On the book... that's all well and good to refer people to the book when asking questions but I for one can't afford to go out and just buy that book like that when I have already purchased a number of books (my Alister Clark noob arrived today... different to what I was expecting...). I need the book and I WANT the book but it will have to wait... as will.. I see any answer to the question that I have now Crying or Very sad I have, however, just managed to reserve a copy via interlibrary loan... so I guess I will find out when after they finish processing it. Neutral

Last edited by TasV on 22nd January 2009, 17:39; edited 4 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd January 2009, 17:30

that makes 2 of us
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 22nd January 2009, 17:53

Oohhhhh - now I get it.. that's annoying!!! Log out and have a look at the stupid ad they have put in. Am going to see if I can have that turned off tonight. That's just plain rude >8@ I think it is going to cost me money to have that removed... oh well.. money well spent... that's down right annoying.

P.S. if you log in you can't see the ad.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 22nd January 2009, 18:15

Ok - I've been able to disable pictures and videos in the ads that show up to guests (not signed in members). I will have to buy extra credits to turn ads off for everyone...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd January 2009, 19:27

David received the tea book from Father Christmas.Will talk about the strange thing that came up on the forum later. C
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd January 2009, 20:48

Just trying to help.
It is not so much finding the answers to a questions that you think of, ask around enough someone might tell you the right answer. It is more about finding the answers to the questions you do not know to ask that is so important (to me at least).

Anyway it is a great book for those who love tea roses, and certainly will prove very helpful to those who live in warm climates and need expert advise on suitable roses for Australian conditions. The money I save by not buying the wrong rose is much more than the price of the book.

Since you brought it up. Hey that is fine, any post I write that contradicts what you are talking about...just delete it. Being in the delete group makes no difference to me. Personally I am suspiouse of some of your posts as I find some of them rewrites of information off the web and not spoken from experience. Your very quick. I like to learn but that takes me some time, lots of questions and then practice using the information. To each their own. Delete at will.

Just a little edit,
I have no idea what you are talking about ...just to be clear, no I don't want a free rose and never asked for one. LOL

Last edited by cree on 22nd January 2009, 21:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd January 2009, 21:12

Just want to clarify, It seems I read a post then respond, then go back a little later and read the first post again and it has been altered after I made my post. This is usually not allowed on chat groups.
Can we all do this? I mean can I go back and change my first posts after people have responded to it?

Never mind the answer is yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd January 2009, 21:36

More questions about this changing posts after others have responded.

If I copied your first orginal post and put it in my responce post, would you then go into my responce post and change it there too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 22nd January 2009, 21:52

No - I edit my posts because I hate mistakes... or I think of something else and don't want a string of posts... that's all. Everyone can edit their posts as for everything else... well... each ot their own.. this is a rose forum and not a place for fragile egos.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd January 2009, 07:52

I have never been on any board that allows the changing of posts after someone has repsonded to the post.

Not for fragile Egos?? Then fix your mistakes, add your after thoughts or otherwise alter the content of your post by writting another new post. Otherwise the person who responded has no longer responding to the same post. That is not on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 23rd January 2009, 11:01

Simon, it's my opinion that changing posts after they are written or responded to should not be allowed by you or anyone, they should stay warts and all. Also rehashing information from the net without making reference to where the information came from really gets up my nose. I see the same thing cropping up all the time, what I want to see is personal experiences. Information from English and Europeanon rose books is not worth my time to read but Aussie books like the Tea Book is worth every dollar spent. It's a great reference book and since published a few found roses are starting to become known. Purchasing this book is all about choices, I sacrificed red wine after dinner, coffee at $4.50 in the shopping centres, bought bread at $1.50 instead of $3.60 and stopped driving all over the place to save $90 in fuel costs. I think I made a wise choice. Have been asked for a loan of the book but refused as I make regular references to it.

by someone majing reference to a previous post

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Billndee 24th January 2009, 10:01

Simon I want to thank you once again for all the energy and effort and COST you are personally expending to make this RoseTalk forum available for us all. We are able to use this forum thanks to your generosity.
I hope matters of procedure are soon sorted out amicably and we can get on with the fascinating and enjoyable pastime of talking about the joys and trials of growing roses.

Billndee

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 24th January 2009, 16:21

I asked the Library to get this book in.
There are times I have missed going back and correcting my mistakes in Dao's forum.
There is often a mistake you miss even after you have checked it. As long as people don't change what they had been talking about, it shouldn't matter.
I would be quite happy to pay a subscribtion to your rose forum if you would like one, TasV, as it is fantastic to be able to come here. When we have enough Solar Power.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 24th January 2009, 16:43

I'm over it.. let's just talk roses... matter's closed.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down