Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Frau Dagmar Hastrop, Oklahoma , Pope John Paul , Baron de Rotschild

+2
The Estate
maree
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Frau Dagmar Hastrop, Oklahoma , Pope John Paul , Baron de Rotschild  Empty Frau Dagmar Hastrop, Oklahoma , Pope John Paul , Baron de Rotschild

Post by maree 28th October 2012, 13:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Frau Dagmar Hastrop, Oklahoma , Pope John Paul , Baron de Rotschild  Empty Re: Frau Dagmar Hastrop, Oklahoma , Pope John Paul , Baron de Rotschild

Post by maree 28th October 2012, 13:56

Chartreuesse de Parme too !!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Frau Dagmar Hastrop, Oklahoma , Pope John Paul , Baron de Rotschild  Empty Re: Frau Dagmar Hastrop, Oklahoma , Pope John Paul , Baron de Rotschild

Post by The Estate 28th October 2012, 14:08

Love the first and lasst pics love
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 28th October 2012, 14:12

There was a bee too , but didn't catch it !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate 28th October 2012, 14:15

Laughing I chased one around my poppies this morning, well there where lots and they all got away, just a few tail end shots Embarassed
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 28th October 2012, 15:05

Yes just noticing the bees are starting to make a appearance again , am waiting for the ladybugs to appear, haven't seen them yet ... have you ?
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 28th October 2012, 17:42

maree wrote:Yes just noticing the bees are starting to make a appearance again , am waiting for the ladybugs to appear, haven't seen them yet ... have you ?
If you don't have aphid (or are spraying for aphid) then you may not get any (?)

No problems with bees here. Laughing
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 29th October 2012, 12:05

Your Chartreuse is looking very gorgeous there Maree, nice and healthy. I really like the leaves in that first one but serious looking thorns.
Bees are very busy here, but have been for a while. I have to be careful because I'm allergic. No sign of ladybirds yet, needs to get warmer.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 30th October 2012, 00:14

Maree, they’re all beautiful, but I like the second last especially; is it Oklahoma?
Jac2
Jac2

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 30th October 2012, 19:51

Thanks Silky , Chartreusse is looking healthy this year , so far , it must know i'm keeping a serious eye on it for performance , being in its third year , so far i'm very pleased with it , and it does have such a beautiful fragrance ...... Jac2 yes , thats Oklahoma with Pope John P in the background . I used to have heaps more roses , they were everywhere , last year i made the garden more flora friendly ,and planted natives etc , so what roses i have now have to perform or out they go .... lol ......
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 30th October 2012, 20:02

There’re still a couple of roses that are not OGRs on my list and Oklahoma is definitely one of them; and your photo just confirmed that for me.
I was a the B store last month and saw a potted one, packed with little herb seedlings, I put it back on the shelf, hiding it carefully behind others and ran to get a trolley, and when I came back, it was gone. I searched the shelf for about ½ hour; and kept going back looking again, could not believe it! How’s the fragrance for you?
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 30th October 2012, 20:08

If all my roses had the "pong" that Oklahoma has I'd be comatose out there in the garden. Laughing

I love it. It's sibling, Papa Meilland, has slightly better "form" but Oklahoma makes up for it in quantity. love
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 30th October 2012, 20:10

Oklahoma , has beautiful perfume , another slow grower though , i've had to learn to be a bit more patient and give roses three years to develope , if they don't after that , they're gone and thankfully Oklahoma is in its third year and i'm very happy with it , love it ..........
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 30th October 2012, 20:11

Yep, oklahoma is a definite for my red bed too.
Sorry jaci, just had to laugh at that, just goes to show you shouldn't take anything for granted, especially with another beady-eyed rose lover. I could just imagine: "It MUST be here! It was just there!" It would have had such a lovely home with you. Next time, forget the trolley. Thumbsup
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 30th October 2012, 20:38

Thanks Autumn D and Maree for confirming O’s fragrance. I agree, roses need a couple of years to develop and show their full potential, a bit slow is OK, if the final result is outstanding and it looks like it here.
Yes, Silky, you learn these things the hard way; should have ditched the herbs, and never let go of that pot. I’m thinking somebody must have watched me hiding the pot so carefully and made a dash for it.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 30th October 2012, 20:42

beautifull roses maree Smile
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 30th October 2012, 20:49

Is the second photo the Baron, Maree?
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 30th October 2012, 21:54

Thats a good description AutumnDamask , i like it !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 30th October 2012, 21:58

Baron is the fifth photo Jac , i'm not very good at posting photos , i think i'll just do one or two at a time , next time , get them all mixed up ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 30th October 2012, 22:07

Ah, thank you, Maree; I know what you mean, posting photos can be a real pain and SO slow.
That’s a nice raspberry colour on the Baron; how’s the fragrance and growth? I bought one this year, and it was mislabeled, should I replace it next year?
I’ve seen some very impressive photos of healthy bushes covered chockablock in large blooms and was looking forward to it …
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 30th October 2012, 22:23

I planted it because it has been a real winner in my mums rose garden , healthy and lots of flowers in her garden , the fragrance is good but not overpowering, medium i suppose , mine is a new bush this year , so is still quite small , mums is a large bush but it has been there for many , many a year. For my liking not quite fragrant enough , but then i am one for knock your socks off fragrance . i'll get back to you in a few more months , i could be judging it too soon , its only had a couple of blooms so far ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 30th October 2012, 22:35

Thanks, yes those are the photos I saw, i.e., the real winner ones like you describe in your mum’s garden. I like the knock your socks off fragrance, too, there’s noting like it, makes me laugh out loud. But not all roses have to be that strong and a good fragrance is sill very nice. Would be interesting to see more photos over time ☺.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 30th October 2012, 22:59

Yes you are right Jac2 , sometimes you have to compromise on fragrance a little bit , and i mean a little bit , if you get a healthy bush , i'm sure this will be a good rose , will post more pics as it gets bigger ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 31st October 2012, 09:44

Just a note: I thought Frau Dagmar was a light pink? scratch
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 31st October 2012, 18:39

I found the tag AutumnDamask , definately labeled Frau Dagmar , the colour on the label is light pink , wonder if its been mislabeled , don't know , but come to think of it i'm sure it was a lighter colour last year ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next