Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Black Magic, Black Beauty, Perfect Moment, Mister Lincoln and Double Delight

+4
paulh
silkyfizz
jordan71
RosyTeesh
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Black Magic, Black Beauty, Perfect Moment, Mister Lincoln and Double Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Magic, Black Beauty, Perfect Moment, Mister Lincoln and Double Delight

Post by RosyTeesh 28th October 2012, 00:43

I think it was from Plants Plus near Cleveland. If I remember correctly. It was long ago and I have so many roses from all over the place Smile I bought it early last year as a potted rose. I'm sure there's a place near Oxley that would sell it. The lady there sells so many roses. I can't remember the name of her place though.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Black Magic, Black Beauty, Perfect Moment, Mister Lincoln and Double Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Magic, Black Beauty, Perfect Moment, Mister Lincoln and Double Delight

Post by Jac2 28th October 2012, 09:20

Your Mr. Lincoln is looking great, Teesh, looks like he benefits from a bit of shade near a fence in QLD; that’s a lovely deep red.
Jac2
Jac2

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 28th October 2012, 12:23

Thanks Teesh, i know the place near Oxley, no go there for one, I had a Plant Plus near me close down recently it was a sad day, their roses always were in good form
Happy roses
Happy roses

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 28th October 2012, 12:43

Oh that's a shame Sad Does Treloar sell them?

Hi Jac, the fence is behind, so it get full sun all day Smile

I actually just removed the nectarine tree behind it because the Black Magic next to it was too shaded and all of a sudden they have both sprung to life!
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 28th October 2012, 13:17

Excuse the pinkness It's just the sun. Mr Lincoln. Wish I could have taken a good photo of the huge long stem!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 29th October 2012, 19:53

Hi, yes, the stems are very long and the flowers and fragrance are huge, beautiful. My ML actually looks this pink in real live, but not at this early stage, only when its about to shrivel up.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 29th October 2012, 20:22

Unless I am wrong, 'Mr Lincoln' should be dark red on opening and as the heat comes closer to Summer the resulting bloom should turn a purplish colour. In Qld this might be happening now if you are having hot days.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 29th October 2012, 20:29

I haven’t any blooms on ML at the moment, just new growth. I recently replaced my mislabeled Papa Meilland that turned out to be a maybe Sir Donald Bradman, and the one bloom I got so far was quite pinkish early on. I haven’t really seen any black on either of them yet, but they’re both still young and hope that’ll change, because I quite like that look.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 29th October 2012, 21:03

Correct Roseman, bright red on opening and after a couple of days looks almost hot pink here Smile

Jac do you have any photos?
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 29th October 2012, 23:20

Teesh, you’ve made me go into my photo library where I got stuck in the hundreds of photos I took of ML and realise what a beautify rose he is all over again. I was torn by which ones to post …
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here’s an interesting one that should go a long way towards explaining why many people feel their ML’s turn pink in sunlight … but does it actually?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 29th October 2012, 23:22

BEAUTIFUL photos Jac !! Please explain the last photo I am intrigued Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 29th October 2012, 23:34

It’s just a cloud moving and changing the sunlight the moment I took that shot … I have no other explanation for it. The other photos from that series are all red, this is just a freak moment.
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 29th October 2012, 23:35

Beautiful! One of the most fascinating photos I have seen on here Smile What kind of camera do you have? We are looking at getting a new one.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 29th October 2012, 23:36

Thanking you muchly ☺
Jac2
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2